Annony Mouse 13-Nov-18
Annony Mouse 14-Nov-18
Annony Mouse 16-Nov-18
Shuteye 16-Nov-18
Woods Walker 17-Nov-18
Paul 17-Nov-18
Annony Mouse 19-Nov-18
10-Nov-18
Two words.....Gorsuch, Kavanaugh.........BRING IT!

10-Nov-18
How many years will it take to reverse taking guns first and due process later? How much sensible gun control won't make it to SCOTUS? Just remember democrats and Trump are not scared of the NRA.....

10-Nov-18
And most 2A supporters aren't scared of gov't...

Unless they do a complete rewrite of the Constitution, you cannot be charged with owning any kind of firearm that is legal today that might be "illegal" tomorrow. The Ex Post Facto clause covers that.

10-Nov-18
Has anyone in CA really ever challenged them?

There is no registration on the federal level (Firearms Owners Protection Act), so there can't be one at a state level. State law cannot supercede federal law.

Were you, or have you, been charged with a crime for owning them 20 years ago before being "black listed"?

The short of it is, the [Jack]ass party will always try to compromise the 2A because it truly takes ultimate power away from them.

11-Nov-18
"The short of it is, the [Jack]ass party will always try to compromise the 2A because it truly takes ultimate power away from them."

Exactly. They are not against guns. They are only against guns for YOU! They have no problem with armed, 24/7/365 protection for THEM......and at our expense.

11-Nov-18
HDE, that is not what the Ex Post Facto clause means. The clause prohibits retroactively criminalizing behavior. The clause does not prohibit criminalizing behavior from a date certain forward. For example, there was a time when possession of cocaine was once legal, and later, it was made illegal.

11-Nov-18
Wait. Didn’t this argument go on from Bill Clinton to Obama? Was t it Obama that was supposed to take all our guns?

11-Nov-18
He tried. But like everything he tried, he just wasn't very good.

Terry

11-Nov-18
yfp. odipwad got the ball rolling. He will let someone else take our guns away, that way he won't be the ONE that gets blamed for taking them away. Once again you missed the most obvious, again on purpose.

11-Nov-18

HA/KS's Link
"Anne Arundel police chief: Shooting was evidence that month-old 'red flag' law is needed"

Will we ever know the truth about this?

The police got a court order to take away his guns.

What is his side of the story?

11-Nov-18
I don't have a link for this.

"Man Killed When Police Come To Confiscate His Guns Under New Law By Carmine Sabia November 11, 2018 at 8:54am

It is the first, but likely not the last, death connected to a new Maryland law that allows police to confiscate guns from private citizens.

This is what conservatives have been warning about for decades as Democrats have increased calls for stricter “gun control” which, to many Democrats, translates to a ban on every firearm.

On Oct. 1 Maryland began enforcing a “red flag” law that allows virtually anyone to report a gun owner as a danger to himself or others.

If granted, an order is issued that allows police to confiscate the person’s firearms.

What do you think is going to happen if you start knocking on the doors of Americans?

What is going to happen is precisely what happened when two Maryland police officers arrived at the home of a man and attempted to take his guns.

A deadly confrontation that left the gun owner dead, The Baltimore Sun reported.

Two Anne Arundel County police officers serving one of Maryland’s new “red flag” protective orders to remove guns from a house killed a Ferndale man after he refused to give up his gun and a struggle ensued early Monday morning, police said.

The subject of the protective order, Gary J. Willis, 60, answered his door in the 100 block of Linwood Ave. at 5:17 a.m. with a gun in his hand, Anne Arundel County police said. He initially put the gun down next to the door, but “became irate” when officers began to serve him with the order, opened the door and picked up the gun again, police said.

“A fight ensued over the gun,” said Sgt. Jacklyn Davis, a police spokeswoman.

One of the officers struggled to take the gun from Willis, and during the struggle the gun fired but did not strike anyone, police said. At that point, the other officer fatally shot Willis, police said.

Neither officer was injured, police said, and neither of their names was released.

Davis said she did not know whether anyone else was in the home at the time, and she did not know who had sought the protective order against Willis.

The “red flag” protective orders are officially known as emergency risk protection orders, and may be sought by family members, police or others to temporarily prohibit people’s access to firearms when they show signs that they are a danger to themselves or others. The law took effect Oct. 1.

A spokeswoman for the Maryland Judiciary denied a request to see any and all requests for protection orders made at the residence on Linwood Avenue, citing the law, which states that anything related to an order is confidential unless the court rules otherwise.

Police had come to the house Sunday night to speak with Willis, a longtime resident of the neighborhood, said Michele Willis, who was on the scene Monday morning and identified herself as his niece. She attributed that visit by police to “family being family” but declined to elaborate.

She said one of her aunts requested the protective order to temporarily remove Willis’ guns.

Michele Willis said she had grown up in the house and had been there Sunday night to move out her son, who had been helping to care for her grandmother.

Her uncle, Gary Willis, lived in an apartment above the garage; she said other family members, including her grandmother, another uncle, two aunts and Gary Willis’ girlfriend were also at the home Sunday night.

She said her uncle “likes to speak his mind,” but she described him as harmless.

“I’m just dumbfounded right now,” she said. “My uncle wouldn’t hurt anybody.”

Going to a door with a gun in your hand to greet police is not a wise move.

Grabbing the gun and firing it when dealing with the police is deadly.

We are not blaming the police, but the law that sent them to this man’s home is likely to get more people killed."

11-Nov-18
Like I have stated earlier the problem isn't keeping guns from "crazy" people, it is who and how crazy is defined.

12-Nov-18
Henry, that is exactly what many of us has said on here. Who gets to define crazy. Most people in Chitcago would define most of us in So. IL as crazy because we like our guns.

12-Nov-18
So anyone can anonymously claim someone is a danger for whatever reason and police can go to their home and confiscate his firearms? Seriously? No proof, no hearing, no do process, no redress?

How Jackboot is that? Noooo..... no overreach of power or abuse could happen here, just nice people trying to help someone...... that a few may get shot is no big deal..... the abuse of the gun owner's rights without any hearing or do process ..... nothing to see here...

Just exactly what they call "common sense" gun laws. To leftists any means they can use to take your guns makes common sense.

12-Nov-18
Rhody, I noticed that there are a lot of S&W revolvers on that list. Is it because they can be easily converted to full auto?

Terry

12-Nov-18

'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo
'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo

13-Nov-18
That’s ‘Gruesome Newsome’ Rhody...His new name!

13-Nov-18
14-Nov-18

Annony Mouse's Link
Here's your Democrat bill: H. R. 7115

16-Nov-18

Annony Mouse's Link

16-Nov-18
I just saw, on Fox, a democrat congressman arguing with a guy about guns. The guy was saying your aren't going to be able to take my guns. The congress man said, the government has nukes. I guess he would plan to nuke a town with gun people in it. Later he said he was being sarcastic but he was serious in my opinion. How in the hell these people get elected seems hard to believer but I see more and more of them every day.

17-Nov-18
In one way he may have a point though Shut. Japan right now has some of the safest cities in the world to visit and they were nuked rubble 73 years ago. Maybe that might be the answer for Baltimore, Detroit, and Chicago. What better way to get "guns off the street" than by eliminating the streets!

17-Nov-18
Makes me think of a bumper sticker I once saw “ if you come for mine better bring yours “

19-Nov-18
California compliant...

• Sitka Gear