Grey Ghost 13-Nov-18
slade 13-Nov-18
Grey Ghost 13-Nov-18
Rocky 13-Nov-18
Grey Ghost 13-Nov-18
IdyllwildArcher 13-Nov-18
11-Nov-18

elkmtngear's Link
Turns out, 26 out of the 27 deadliest mass shooters in our Country, had something in common...no Father!

No amount of "gun control" is going to remedy that situation. You can't "regulate" it away. See the link for the story.

11-Nov-18
There is a direct correlation between the decline in the traditional family unit and most of the evils currently impacting our society.

11-Nov-18
Good find, Elkmtngear. No surprise, but the surprise is that someone in academia looked for it.

11-Nov-18

Grey Ghost's Link
Turns out, 26 out of the 27 deadliest mass shooters in our Country, had something in common...no Father!"

Another example of misinformation that spreads like the flu on the inter-webs.

The accurate story is 4 or 5 of the 27 shooters definitively had intact families, based on online information that is available. Apparently, there in no information available for several of the shooters.

That said, the pattern is worth noting and contemplating, but it's not as definitive as the OP states.

Matt

11-Nov-18
Until America embraces, again, the concept of the family unit and the importance a father figure has on young people, you will continue to see the chaos that ensues.

It has been this way for thousands of years. It is not a mistake...

11-Nov-18
They all had a father;)

I agree though, common sense connects proper upbringing by a nuclear family and a healthy adulthood.

11-Nov-18
The term and title " Mother and Father" is of the highest reserved accolade of responsibility and are earned through blood sweat and tears if necessary not through the silk sheets. Casual "breeding" is biological and in these particular cases the appropriate term.

I did see the ;-).

The Rock

11-Nov-18
The term and title " Mother and Father" is of the highest reserved accolade of responsibility and are earned through blood sweat and tears if necessary not through the silk sheets. Casual "breeding" is biological and in these particular cases the appropriate term.

I did see the ;-).

The Rock

11-Nov-18
The destruction of the Black family is 100% the result of DEM policies which created the increase in the number of young Black males who commit crimes, father children out of wedlock and a lot more.

ALL of that belongs to the DEMs, LBJ and the (not-so) Great Society which incentivized all of this.

Well done, Dems!

11-Nov-18
Kyle,

Why did you make this thread about race?

Were the 27 deadliest mass shooters in our country predominately black men?

Matt

11-Nov-18
GG,

Oh, pleeze!

The destruction of values and responsibility is all about POLICY.

That those policies destroyed black families and resulted in horrific increases in crime and fatherless young men in the black community is simply yet another 'untintended consequence' of a liberal 'feel good' policy.

Not that the liberals give a damn, of course.

11-Nov-18
GG - he didn't make it about race, he stated a fact and statistic.

12-Nov-18

Grey Ghost's embedded Photo
Grey Ghost's embedded Photo

Grey Ghost's Link
Number of mass shootings in the United States between 1982 and September 2018, by mass shooter's race and ethnicity

12-Nov-18
Matt,

To be fair now post "shootings" in America in that same time frame by shooters race and ethnicity. Maybe they don't record or publish these numbers which would be considered racist.

The Rock

12-Nov-18

elkmtngear's embedded Photo
elkmtngear's embedded Photo
"Mass shootings" do not even come close, to the black-on-black shootings committed each Year. So, a fraction of the population is reponsible for a large majority of homicides. That particular portion of the population, also has the highest percentage of Fatherless homes (67 percent).

When you cherry-pick the bar graphs...yeah, you can easily defend against what you consider "racism".

12-Nov-18
Come on Matt, quit reaching for talking points.

12-Nov-18
Got a chart for non-mass killing, but rather just the run of the mill daily murders that go on? Bet ya it paints a much different picture, and lets face it...a lot more of that going on than mass killings. BUT, I know that doesn't fit the narrative so carry on..

12-Nov-18
Not reaching at all WV. The original post was about fatherless mass shooters. Kyle chose to morph that into a discussion of race and political policy. I decided to play along.

So, if political policy is the reason for black crime, which is admittedly disproportionately high, then what is the reason the numbers of white mass shooters is disproportionately high?

Matt

12-Nov-18
“What reason the numbers of white mass shooters is disproportionately high?”

Same reason Einstein and Jack the Ripper were white and not female or black. Ever notice there are no female or Black equivalents? When you look at how intelligence is distributed in humans white males operate on a wider band from high to low so you end up with more Einstein’s and also more Jack the rippers. Simple distribution of traits.

12-Nov-18
“So, if political policy is the reason for black crime, which is admittedly disproportionately high, then what is the reason the numbers of white mass shooters is disproportionately high”

It’s not disproportionately high. Your chart shows white commiting 59% of the mass shootings and they make up about 70% of the population. Blacks committed 17% of the mass shootings and make up about 12% of the population.

If anything, blacks are the ones represented disproportionately.

12-Nov-18
If you only stick to the original post all the time, all the discussion you'd get would be "I agree" and " so-and-so nailed it".

Discussions always morph into something else. Always.

12-Nov-18
Atta boy Ike.

12-Nov-18
Where do mass shooting normally occur? Serious question? I know some seem suburban, but it feels like rural is more rare, and urban more common. Is that true? I couldnt find anything about this when thinking about this thread.

12-Nov-18
I’m guessing it is for two big reason. First being rural areas have less people. Less people equals less problems. Second, most rural people are armed and know how to defend themselves using their firearms.

These spineless characters don’t pick places where others are likely to shoot back for a reason. Kinda hard to get fame and recognition if John boy down the roads pops you in the head quickly. Yet, KNOWN unarmed people in gatherings, in places firearms are either legally off limits or considered taboo, are like ducks on a pond. Ripe for the massacre.

12-Nov-18
The mass shooting chart closely resembles our population distribution. I wonder how much can be attributed to males not having a purpose and opiate addiction?

13-Nov-18
I figure it is all tied in with the break down of the American Family. Those two things being a part of this effect.

Hey Matt, you got anymore nonsense to add? Been kind of quite since your theory holds no real evidence of your claims. Let’s hear some more. You sure sounded like you wanted to debate it earlier.

13-Nov-18
"16+ since and more horrific and almost all have been under psychotropic drugs".

Makes you wonder, if some of them had grown up with a Father in the House throughout childhood, would they have ended up on Psych Meds?

13-Nov-18
Yep.

13-Nov-18
Thank God for 'toxic masculinity!'

Without it, we'd all be speaking German, Japanese, or Russian!

13-Nov-18
Matt,

WTF???

Did you intentionally ignore non-mass shootings in your statistics post, or did you simply not think of it?

Have you never heard of Chicago, Baltimore, Memphis, New Orleans and Los Angeles?

13-Nov-18
Just sticking with the topic of the thread, Kyle, unlike you. I will stand corrected on claiming white mass shooter numbers are disproportionately large based on overall population numbers, however.

I've maintained for years that psych meds are far more dangerous than most "recreational" drugs, based on personal experience. Rhody's stats seem to support that. Could it be that's a bigger cause for mass shootings than fatherlessness? I know many people who were raised without a father who turned out fine. I can't say that for people I've know on psych meds.

Matt

13-Nov-18

thedude's Link

13-Nov-18
GG,

Which, it seems, you are only doing so as to avoid dealing with the real problem.

13-Nov-18
Avoid dealing with what problem, Kyle? Black crime? Or political policy that promotes it, or so you say? I thought the thread was about fatherless mass murders.

But since you brought it up, black crime hasn't changed in our lifetimes. Prisons have been choked full of black criminals for decades. Despite every opportunity to change that trend, crime has remained ingrained in our black society. No political policy has changed that, and most have served to make it worse. It's a cultural problem that only blacks can change, not a bunch of conservative white politicians, IMO.

Matt

13-Nov-18
Matt, no matter that we differ on most things ideologically, I do in fact respect anyone willing to admit they were wrong. Good on you.

13-Nov-18
Matt,

You do realize that you said "crime is a cultural problem" regarding the black community.

I beg to differ with you on that wayward point. I don't believe that crime is a habit, a tradition or a belief in the black or any other community. I believe that crime is the direct result of present day economic factors. As economic factors rise in communities crime recedes. Crime is color blind and injecting "white" into that equation is foolish and divisive to put it mildly and further, to place the social condition of the black people at the feet of conservatives is ludicrous. Democrats have instigated and fashioned a falsehood in the black communities to believe that liberals are their saviors when in truth they are the shackles that Lincoln could never remove.

The Rock

13-Nov-18
I'm well aware of what I said, Rocco. High crime rates in our black society is fact. A fact that hasn't changed for decades, regardless of political policy. Although I think blacks have every opportunity to change that, old cultural views and values have remained hard to change.

Matt

13-Nov-18
I will be dang, I agree with GG. I have worked in the inner city and seen it first hand. What they do to each other in the hood is astounding and the majority turn a blind eye.

13-Nov-18
I love you, Slade.

;-)

Matt

13-Nov-18
Yes. I was born and raised in Nebraska.

The Rock

13-Nov-18
That explains a lot , Rocco.

;-)

Matt

13-Nov-18
“ I wonder how much can be attributed to males not having a purpose...”

“I figure it is all tied in with the break down of the American Family. Those two things being a part of this effect.”

Those 2 things are the same thing.

• Sitka Gear