TD 14-Nov-18
NvaGvUp 14-Nov-18
NvaGvUp 14-Nov-18
Bentstick81 14-Nov-18
DConcrete 16-Nov-18
HDE 17-Nov-18
NvaGvUp 19-Nov-18
13-Nov-18
With all of the crap that's been going in Fl, there might be some good news coming out of Utah.

A few days ago, GOP incumbent Mia Love was trailing by over 8,000 votes. That shrunk to 5,500 votes a few days ago, then there were no updates until the past hour.

Love is now down by only 1,020 votes and 18% of the precincts are yet to report.

This is not a recount. It's simply the result of mailed-in ballots finally arriving.

13-Nov-18
That was the one race where I never believed the polls. It is Utah, so I always expected her to win.

13-Nov-18
Salt lake county where Salt Lake City resides, is our Denver.

I expected love to lose the race. Truth is, a lot of Utahns don’t like her.

13-Nov-18
Jeff,

I had no idea of the demographics....I just assumed it was Utah so it was safe.

13-Nov-18
Clearly Love's campaign team had some issues re. fundraising reporting.

Her district is composed of a disporportionate number of young voters, and with the western SLC suburbs (lower income), southern SLC suburbs (and Provo?) included, the registered voter makeup is not in her favor.

That said, she's cut her deficit in the voting by 80% since the last reporting with tens of thousands of votes yet to be counted.

13-Nov-18
How can votes still be coming in a week later? You can mail something across the country and it will get there in a few days...a week, or more, to go within the State doesn’t quite make sense to me.

13-Nov-18
Fivers,

Most states which allow voting by mail require the mailed ballot be postmarked no later than election day.

This year if you mailed your ballot on Tuesday, it may not have arrived at the designated location by the end of the week.

Then, lots of poll workers don't work on weekends and this year, Monday was a postal holiday. Hence mailed in ballots may not have arrived until sometime today.

I'm not excusing this. I'm just explaining it.

Remember, this is the USPS we're talking about, which is not all that dissimilar from your local DMV.

Then there's this:

THESE ARE THE SAME PEOPLE THE LEFT THINKS SHOULD PROVIDE YOUR HEALTH CARE!

14-Nov-18
UPDATE!

9.9% of the precincts still have yet to report and now Love is down just 873 votes!

A day or two ago she was down ~5,500.

14-Nov-18
HAHAHAHA wait, i need to catch my breath here..... So lets do a recount when it benefits our side, and of course its due to mail -in ballots because snail mail is slow. BUUUTTTTT in florida its totally different!! Do you realize your hypocrisy or are you just blind to it?

14-Nov-18
Hey, PutZt!

I'm looking to 2020 and the fewer seats we need to flip to get the House back, the better.

But you are far too dumb to understand that.

14-Nov-18
yfp is going to LIE himself back in another corner again tonight. 8^)

14-Nov-18
Every time Paul Zeidan backs himself into a corner with unsupportable lies on a thread, instead of responding, he simply hides and runs to another thread where he repeats the same behavior.

Who knew?

14-Nov-18
What a maroon...... this isn't a recount. This isn't suddenly finding "missing" ballots, losing "others" nor calling voters who's ballot was rejected days after the election. Every state has it's rule and laws for voting. Nothing wrong, illegal of hypocritical in following rules and laws.

Breaking laws or trying to change them after the fact to suit yourself IS wrong, illegal and hypocritical. Not that any of that would bother you..... mostly applies to honest people....

14-Nov-18
Hey, Paul Zeidan,

Apparently the voter fraud issue in UT does not involve GOP fraud. Yet again, it involves fraud on YOUR side!

Hypocrisy, indeed!

14-Nov-18
Love's Campaign Sues:

"SALT LAKE CITY — Republican U.S. Rep. Mia Love sued Wednesday to halt vote counting in the Utah race where she is narrowly trailing her Democratic challenger.

Love's campaign said in a lawsuit Salt Lake County clerk isn't allowing poll-watchers to challenge findings during the verification process for mail-in ballots. Voting is done primarily by mail in Utah.

"The campaign's poll monitors have seen instances where a ballot was approved even though the signature did not appear to match the one on file, the suit claimed."

14-Nov-18
It's a blast! 8^)

16-Nov-18
Mia love is slightly ahead now in the race.

17-Nov-18
Although it's the "same" people following the paul, anyone out there in cyber-land can come across Bowsite posts on threads. Those anyone's need to see differing opinions and objection rather than just the diatribe he posts and it ending there. Not responding (sometimes and in the right conditions) can insinuate agreement to the eye of the indifferent viewer...

19-Nov-18

NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
It's now late on Monday, which is the deadline for UT to report and Mia Love is now up by over 1,500 votes!

It appears a few more votes have yet to be counted and they are from areas which favor her opponent, so who knows at this point?

• Sitka Gear