TD 04-Jan-19
NvaGvUp 04-Jan-19
Grey Ghost 04-Jan-19
JL 04-Jan-19
NvaGvUp 04-Jan-19
WV Mountaineer 04-Jan-19
04-Jan-19

Grey Ghost's Link
The young lady has obviously done her immigration homework. 6 years is actually the shortest wait time for green cards for the highest skilled Indian workers, according to the CATO Institute.

Matt

04-Jan-19
She should go to Mexico and then just break in here like the rest of them do and she'll be rewarded for it.

And you're right Kevin, she's EXACTLY the kind of migrant we need.

04-Jan-19
It took my sister-in-law 7 years to become naturalized. She is from Chile, South America. My brother married her down there, and they moved back up here.

04-Jan-19
Beyond sad. Suicidal.

04-Jan-19
KPC. I don't doubt that you have your sources in mind. Clearly you a bright person. But, I am wondering, about the way you are saying this The right ... " their share of stoking the flames" is that meant to imply that the impact and amount is the same?

If a hundred people are rioting on one side and 3 are on the other is it all the same because of some similarity of the 100 to the 3...? Extreme example I know, but I am wondering what the numbers actually are, that are on each side... My perception is that the left is by far larger, louder and far-reaching.

04-Jan-19
The liberal plan is clearly to discourage legal immigration in favor of illegal entry. Highly educated, successful earners/immigrants tend to see through the liberal veil over time and vote in their best interest.

04-Jan-19
Good story KPC. I agree it’s sad that that perception is out there. Plenty of blame in Washington and the media for that.

04-Jan-19
Isn’t it trumps responsibility to quell such myths? Perception is everything and the perception of the US abroad is that we are a sad, angry group hellbent on keeping good people out. And why would liberals want to keep out smart people? Isn’t it trump that said he loves the uneducated?

04-Jan-19
Her perception may be skewed, but the reality is she was spot on about how long it will likely take.

Matt

04-Jan-19
"Isn’t it trump that said he loves the uneducated?"

He must have a rabid love affair for you then my friend.

04-Jan-19
While 6 years is the average, I know it can be done in a shorter period of time. It depends on her skills and demand for same here. If she has some skill that is needed ASAP there is a fast track avenue that will get her a green card in a fraction of that time. I used to work with programmers who were brought here in a lot less than 6 years...The big corporations get who they want when they want...

04-Jan-19
MT,

According to the CATO article I linked to, 6 years isn't the average, it's the minimum wait time for the highest skilled workers from India.

Do you have any information you can share on the "fast track avenue" you claim exists?

Matt

04-Jan-19
Thank you, KPC. That makes sense of it.

" My perception is that the left is by far larger, louder and far-reaching." ( by coverage of the left side media mob) And to add, the amount of those who are extreme and in a public position to shoot their mouth off like an arrogant child throwing a fit, are heavily one-sided.

Walking out of meetings and inflammatory rhetoric for example.

I believe those on the current left are milking anger and arrogance from an emotional voter as opposed to reasoning. That is the reason they like turmoil and frustration and never miss an opportunity to stir up greater conflict and hatred.

04-Jan-19
Nope. No documentation or link. Just past real life experience. Don't care if you believe me or not...my experience might be bit dated as I have not worked in the big data centers for a few years now. However, back in the late 90's and early 00's there was a very large influx of Indian coders that flooded the software industry in this country. Put more than a few American coders out of work. I know some of them. If I remember correctly, the company that supplied the workers from India was PeopleSoft or something like that...huge contract coder placement company. Worked with lots of big USA corporations to help them reduce costs, mostly in the labor area since the Indians would work cheaper than Americans...same old story...and no, for all the resident ankle biters I am not disparaging the Indians or India...very smart people in general and I enjoyed working with them...

04-Jan-19
Politicians try to confuse the issue, they don't say "illegal immigrants", they just say immigrants and lump them all together.

04-Jan-19
I can't understand how 6 years would be minimum time it takes. A young Indian man works for a cousin of mine, and it didn't take him 6 years to get in. At one point he had to leave for about 3 months for Visa issues. But it sure didn't take him 6 years to get in.

He HATES illegal immigration too. He's a funny guy

04-Jan-19
Whether you are a Drmocrat, Republican, or independent, if you don't know by now that the mainstream media are 95% bias, and they slant the news...you aint never gonna know it.

04-Jan-19
Great story, Kevin.

I end up talking to Tech support more often than I'd prefer, probably because I'm clueless on technology.

The second best part of your story is that you were were actually able to understand her. It seems 99% of the tech support people have very thick accents and I have a lot of trouble understanding them.

Many times, I have had to call off the session and while trying hard not to embarrass the person, ask to speak to someone else. Sometimes that works, but often times it's just more of the same with the second person.

Going back to the message of your post, never forget what Will Rogers said about perceptions and false beliefs:

"It ain't what we know that hurts us. It's what we think we know that ain't so."

04-Jan-19
Having spent a significant amount of time of seas I can vouch that people from other countries have skewed perception of how America realy is.

I have met people who think that America is the big PX were life is easy and everything is given to uou on a silver platter.

I have also met many who think Americans are arrogant, dumb, and war happy.

They all get their information from the media.

04-Jan-19
"It ain't what we know that hurts us. It's what we think we know that ain't so."

Ain't that the truth.

This thread is prime example. I supplied the most recent data, compiled by a reputable source, showing the green card wait times for immigrants from India. Yet, there are still a few here who think they know otherwise without showing any evidence to support their claims.

Matt

04-Jan-19
Though it may take 6 yrs or longer to get naturalized, some may think that means one is not allowed into the country before then. That is not the case. Most legal immigrants come and live on a work visa. As they are going through the immigration process, they must remain employed but can live and function freely in our country until they are naturalized.

04-Jan-19
Good story. I would add an observation/thought. It would be nice if some of those smart and educated folks were Americans getting those skilled jobs. It's easier for some Americans to complain about not getting good paying jobs than actually going out and getting some education to make themselves qualify for those same skilled jobs. That is the hypocrisy in their argument.

04-Jan-19
JL...there seem to be quite a few that have yet to figure out that degrees in women's studies, black history, social justice, etc. do not provide one with much in the area of marketable skills.

04-Jan-19
It doesn't take 6 years to get a work visa. It doesn't take long at all if you have your job lined out with a company that is familiar with the process. They have one of the Super Computers here..... lots of people work there, several Indian and Asian workers, come and go all the time. Plus all the companies, government agencies and universities that book up time on it. Most over time leave and go home because they are homesick, family, rock fever, cultural/language differences, etc. Most folks greatly underestimate the changes needed to create an entire new life, new you, then live that life. They had a comfort level and a"support group" where they came from. Now they are alone. Alone bothers alot of people.

In many ways that is why the illegals come crashing in over our border by droves and stay, they have such a large community in many areas...... no language barrier, little to no culture shock.... they barely have to change anything at all..... a support system for those illegally here firmly established. Literal sanctuaries. How lovely. Not just organized, but institutionalized crime.....

Just applying to come in with a skill set looking for a job maybe it takes several years. But not if things are lined up and the company is familiar with the process and paperwork.

There are other ways as well. I know several Europeans who moved to Maui, they had bought businesses here, farms, restaurants (x number of employees required as well if I recall) it was all done in a matter of months. I know others who came in under school visas and worked on staying, a couple becoming citizens. And more than a few that "married well".... =D

There are many LEGAL ways to enter the US and work.

04-Jan-19
Kevin,

I've not had that CS problem, but perhaps that's because I'm semi-retired and also because most all of my fund business goes to The Capital Group. So when I call them, I get to talk with a person in San Antonio, the Los Angeles area, etc.

04-Jan-19
"Though it may take 6 yrs or longer to get naturalized, some may think that means one is not allowed into the country before then. That is not the case. Most legal immigrants come and live on a work visa. As they are going through the immigration process, they must remain employed but can live and function freely in our country until they are naturalized."

That's correct. Thanks for clarifying that, Gadan. There are dozens of different non-immigration visas, for specific purposes and durations, that allow an immigrant to enter, work and stay in the US while they wait for a green card.

My point for posting the CATO article above was to show how long the green card process takes for Indian immigrants. Many won't live long enough to ever get naturalized in the US.

Sorry if that information strays from the foriegn perception issue. I just found it interesting that the young lady mentioned 6 years, which happens to be the minimum wait for a green card, if she was in the Extraordinary Ability category, and she applied today.

Kevin, India alone has over 630,000 immigrants waiting for green cards, as we speak. I don't have total global numbers, but it's gotta be millions. I'm sure there's some wasted time due to cheaters, but the shear numbers alone seems it would make it a very slow process.

Matt

04-Jan-19
FWIW....one of my daughters is working in Australia. She has a temp working visa. One way for her to get it extended is for the company to sponsor her new visa. If it expires....she'll be an illegal.

04-Jan-19
We had a young lady from India named Gita in our planning department for a number of years.

Gita was here legally!

She ran the data on my plans and she was great at it.

One time she had to go back to India for thirty days or something because of regulations and we all missed her.

She later got married to an American and moved to Chicago.

We need all of the educated and qualified people like Gita we can get!

Yet what the Dems want i ILlegal immigrants to break our laws and cross our borders ILLEGALLY!

Why?

Because a few years ago they realized Americans weren't buying the $h!t they were selling.

So they resorted to trying to open the borders in hopes millions of uneducated people with little or no skills could come to America, get on the Liberal Plantation and vote DEM forever.

04-Jan-19
Great story Kevin.

• Sitka Gear