Woods Walker 05-Jan-19
Grey Ghost 05-Jan-19
KSflatlander 05-Jan-19
NvaGvUp 05-Jan-19
NvaGvUp 05-Jan-19
Mint 07-Jan-19
Woods Walker 07-Jan-19
04-Jan-19
I don’t know how to post videos but check out the link. That’s one smart mutt. Too funny!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=y1l69e1mCqQ

04-Jan-19
You have to watch the cabelas ad first

04-Jan-19
Thanks slade

04-Jan-19
I love good dogs

04-Jan-19
I specifically thought of you WV when I posted that with your recent post about your dog. You and I are very similar when it comes to dogs.

04-Jan-19
KS - GG and KPC "taught" me to do the vid thing. Play the vid on youtube. Put your cursor over the vid. right click. (box appears) Select "Embed Video Code". Come back here and paste into the text box where you type your message. The video will drop right in.

Funny video!

04-Jan-19
That's hilarious. What kind of dog is that? I'm pretty sure it's some kind of shepherd...

04-Jan-19
Thanks Will. I was on my phone. Can u embed it from a phone?

The kind is a very smart dog.

04-Jan-19
I think that's a border collie, very intelligent breed.

04-Jan-19

Annony Mouse's embedded Photo
Annony Mouse's embedded Photo
Neat video...I tried to get our dog ride a sled last winter, but all she would do is pull it around the farm. No real snow to play with this year.

However, Ruby (Red Fox Lab) does take a ball to the top of the stairs and drops it down. Then brings it back and repeats: auto fetch.

It's amazing on how animals can create their own means of entertainment. I

04-Jan-19
Nice pic AM. My lab learned to turn the bathtub facet on and jump in. Damn dog loves the water. Can’t keep him out of it.

04-Jan-19
Dogs are SO amazing! They are NOT supposed to know how to use "tools", or think in the future. Well.....I've been around them most of my life and I've seen them do both.

Of course, this IS an Aussie, so right there you already have a dog that's smarter than a lot of people!

04-Jan-19
Lol

04-Jan-19
Funny stuff. Years ago, I used to work for a contractor who had a herding type dog (I think it was an Australian) and that was the funniest dog and you could not build a fence to keep it in the yard. He used to get complaints from neighbors because when the school bus dropped off the kids, he'd herd them around. He never bit any of them, but these were pretty little kids and they were probably scared. This was in the early 90's and before portable cameras were practical for these sorts of things so one day he had me watch how the dog got out of the yard and when that dog heard the school bus, he ran up his kid's slide, jumped probably 6' horizontally onto the roof of a shed and then jumped out of the yard to herd kids. My boss didn't believe me when I told him how he got out and had to see it for himself.

Sometimes dogs seem so stupid and then other times they're pretty surprising with what they know.

05-Jan-19
When my daughter was young, we had a Sheltie. My daughter was her "flock", and when my daughter was playing in the backyard the dog would constantly run around her barking and "herding" her. She was also the smartest dog we've ever had. Stockdogs tend to be like that.

At night the dog would sleep on the bed with her, and when I'd check in on her before I went to bed I'd poke my head through the door and the dog would pick her head up and give me that look like..........."All's clear boss, I'm on duty!" We loved that little dog!

05-Jan-19
This is one of my favorite dog stunts.

Matt

05-Jan-19
Lol that is a very useful hound. Man’s best friend.

05-Jan-19
Cool videos!

That 'Fetch me a beer" video is a scream, esp. when he closes the door.

05-Jan-19
I had a lab quite awhile ago and he was a great duck dog.

It got so that if my buddy and I dropped two birds, the dog would go to the closest bird and if he thought it was dead, he'd go right on past it to the second bird.

He'd pick up the second bird, then on his way back he'd grab the first bird and bring them both to me at the same time.

I didn't teach him that. He just figured it out on his own.

Very cool!

07-Jan-19
When I was in third grade I got a boxer. Well we had a little hill in front of the house so I had my sled and told the dog to sit and I sledded down the hill on my belly on the sled. The dog watching me the whole way. The next time I did it the dog ran and jumped on my back sitting down for the ride. He would do it every time I sledded down that hill.

07-Jan-19
Dogs never cease to amaze me, and I've lived almost my entire life with them. And they're all different!

• Sitka Gear