Bowbender 06-Jan-19
BowSniper 07-Jan-19
Scar Finga 07-Jan-19
SB 07-Jan-19
'Ike' (Phone) 07-Jan-19
BowSniper 07-Jan-19
Highlife 09-Jan-19
05-Jan-19
Anyone on the CF into motocross/supercross? My son use to race motocross/arenacross along with a lot of his friends. I got a few connections with guys that race supercross and the pro outdoor motocross.

Supercross season kicks off tonight at Anaheim 1. Can’t wait to see them put some more CO2 in the atmosphere to help with the climate change thing tonight.

Any dirt bike guys around here?

05-Jan-19
I used to really enjoy watching Motocross when I was much younger, I had a lot of friends that used to race on the local circuits. I even tried it a bit but was never very good at it.

05-Jan-19
My son and I trail ride the mountains a bit on old iron. XR600 for me and a TTR90 for him. If my back tire gets more than a couple feet off the ground I'm at the limit of my combination of skill, courage and stupidity.

I sold the 600 last year. Even geared down its still better suited for wide open across the desert than it is for putting around mountain trails behind my kid. Those MX/SuperX guys are amazing.

05-Jan-19
Its pretty awesome. I dont do it, but watch it and do performance coaching for some folks who race enduros. Seeing the fitness requirements and effort needed to compete as well as the skills... that's a hell of a sport!

05-Jan-19
Raced a little when I was young. My son is really into it and races.

05-Jan-19

BowSniper's embedded Photo
I am just getting back into dirt bikes now after a 35 year hiatus. lol. So now I have a 250f enduro and an XR200 for the boy, but can't seem to get him very interested. His loss. I am starting to race enduros on my own now. Actually finishing one would be another matter. Ha! But I sure do like driving around with the bike in the back of my truck! Amazing how much I have forgotten about riding since high school, or maybe just the fear of injury is holding me back. But I am sloooooooow now!

Back in the day, I rode an Ossa GPIII and Bob Hannah was my hero. Nowadays I am watching the WESS (extreme enduro) series with that same awe for Graham Jarvis!

06-Jan-19
Hell Yeah! Since I was a kid. I am 50 now and have sold all my motorcycles including my Harleys. It hurts to much and takes to long to heal when the accidents happen. And they WILL happen. It's not worth it for me.

I still like watching it!

06-Jan-19
Glad know body said who won on here last night. I fell asleep and will finish watching it today. I will be in Minneapolis for the race. KSflatlander and everyone else the Dakar rally starts tomorrow I believe. Truly the greatest off road race of all

06-Jan-19
BowSniper, anyone that raced, or tried, in the 70s had a poster of Hurricane Bob on their closet door. :-)

He was the hero of motorcross!

And Farrah and Cheryl on their walls. ;-)

LOL

06-Jan-19
I remember him, also remember Roger Decoster and Brad Lackey.

06-Jan-19
I’m going to the San Diego Supercross race in a few weeks. The wife and I go to at least 2 races a year and pick different cities each time.

I never owned or rode a dirt bike. My son loved riding since he was 7-8. When he got to 14 he started getting into a bit of trouble so I refocused his wild side into motocross racing. He rode or raced most weekends and was always too worn out on Saturday night to get in trouble. He got pretty good and won some outdoor and arenacross races. His mom and I were the sponsor $$ and I was the mechanic. I learned a ton about moto engines, suspension, and tuning. Enjoyed it immensely and got hooked. I understand what it takes to ride supercross and tune a bike. He’s 20 now and only rides for fun. I even built a small track at the house.

I got a family connection to pro rider Justin Bogle (#18). My son also use to race at the same tracks in MO as Austin Forkner (250 east series). I’ve got a connection with Brad Taft’s mechanic and he use to get us in with the race teams and we could mingle with the riders before they let the fans in. He’s not in supercross anymore. Dang it.

Anyways, I have nothing but respect for all motocrossers. Great athletes and fearless. Love watching to pro series. I wish I was 14 again and could get into it. We didn’t have much $$ when I was a kid and never had a dirt bike.

06-Jan-19

Timberlake's embedded Photo
Timberlake's embedded Photo
I'm a woods rider but really enjoy watching supercross. We used to go to Seattle every year to watch it live but it's actually cheaper to go to Salt Lake (Denver this year) or Vegas and watch it even though it's a lot farther away. The Seattle liberals have over priced/taxed their city to where it's not worth going anymore.

06-Jan-19
On any Sunday, The best offroad bike movie ever.

Terry

06-Jan-19
King Kenny Roberts, Fast Freddie Spencer, Eddie Lawson, Randy Mamola......were my idols.

07-Jan-19

07-Jan-19
Crusty Demons of Dirt! Nuff Said!

07-Jan-19
Raced motocross,enduros,trials,and hillclimbed in the 70's. Got into roadracing in the 80's. Now I'm too banged up and tired to do anything! Sold all my bikes except my 1973 750 Honda,and I haven't ridden that in 11 years!......But it was a helluva party! After 42 yrs. as a motorcycle repair tech I finally retired 8 yrs. ago....and have been too worn out to do much since! A heart attack last March pretty much ended the fun.

07-Jan-19
Sister is a huge fan of SuperCross, she and her husband travel to several events each year...Was into Motorcross when younger, with Mammoth and now live close to the Hang Town event...

07-Jan-19

Back in the day I was happy to make a little jump... normal up and down stuff. The stunts these kids are doing today is just mind blowing!!

09-Jan-19
Scott Walker ENOUGH SAID!

• Sitka Gear