Sitka Gear
NFL Playoffs...patriots please ignore...
Community
Contributors to this thread:
Grey Ghost 06-Jan-19
TT-Pi 06-Jan-19
Will 06-Jan-19
xtroutx 06-Jan-19
BIG BEAR 06-Jan-19
Grey Ghost 06-Jan-19
Rocky 06-Jan-19
Rocky 06-Jan-19
Grey Ghost 07-Jan-19
Owl 07-Jan-19
Jimbo 07-Jan-19
Will 07-Jan-19
Owl 07-Jan-19
Jimbo 07-Jan-19
Grey Ghost 07-Jan-19
Brotsky 07-Jan-19
Will 07-Jan-19
TD 07-Jan-19
Owl 07-Jan-19
NvaGvUp 07-Jan-19
Your fav poster 07-Jan-19
Rocky 07-Jan-19
Owl 07-Jan-19
NvaGvUp 07-Jan-19
Zbone 07-Jan-19
Zbone 07-Jan-19
Grey Ghost 07-Jan-19
TD 07-Jan-19
Rocky 07-Jan-19
Brotsky 08-Jan-19
Will 08-Jan-19
NvaGvUp 08-Jan-19
NvaGvUp 08-Jan-19
bill v 08-Jan-19
Heat 08-Jan-19
NvaGvUp 08-Jan-19
Rocky 08-Jan-19
NvaGvUp 08-Jan-19
Grey Ghost 08-Jan-19
Rocky 08-Jan-19
NvaGvUp 08-Jan-19
Rocky 08-Jan-19
Grey Ghost 12-Jan-19
BIG BEAR 12-Jan-19
BIG BEAR 12-Jan-19
Grey Ghost 12-Jan-19
BIG BEAR 12-Jan-19
BIG BEAR 12-Jan-19
KSflatlander 12-Jan-19
Grey Ghost 12-Jan-19
Rocky 12-Jan-19
DL 13-Jan-19
TD 13-Jan-19
BIG BEAR 13-Jan-19
HA/KS 13-Jan-19
TT-Pi 13-Jan-19
HA/KS 13-Jan-19
HA/KS 15-Jan-19
06-Jan-19
I figured that title might garner a few clicks. ;-)

OK, you deplorable NFL fans, let's talk smack!!

Rocco, now that was a football game! Proving it's a game of inches. Congrats to the Eagles.. My wife's family are all Chicago fans, so I was rooting for 'da bears', but....figures, it always comes down to the damn kicker.

;-)

Matt

06-Jan-19
I was pulling for the Bears as well. Next weekend should be fun.

06-Jan-19
Patriots or Patriots? Either way, I guess I'm out. I'll begin my ignoring ....3...2..1 Now!

06-Jan-19
Going to be brutal for this Pat's team to beat the Chargers... though in this years NFL who knows!

GO PATS GO!!! Six six six six!

06-Jan-19
I felt sorry for the guy, you could almost feel it coming. Upright and then crossbar. What bad luck.

06-Jan-19
After he made the kick as time out was called. Brutal.

06-Jan-19
Frank,

Next week is where Pretty Boy truly begins his legacy.

;-)

Matt

06-Jan-19
Thanks, Matt....

This game as in all others ends in quintessential St. Nick Foles. Two terrible throws for 2 ints. and then the magic that always seems to surface with this guy, he leads the winning drive and defeats the best teams in the league week in and week out. The Rams bet the eagles earlier 48-7 but that was with Carson Mr. Glass Wentz as the QB. Foles has them thinking and it can not be denied that this guy is so cool under pressure and is a legitimate threat. That crawls into your physce.

The Rock

His numbers ahve never been matched in playoff history.

06-Jan-19
Matt,

I bet Mahomes performs well enough. It comes down to Reid's game plan and if the defense shows up.

Win or lose, the kid was a big time treat for this city. I bet most would take him no questions asked.

I stand ready to gloat or eat humble pie, whichever is appropriate;-)

06-Jan-19
Frank,

I think KC wins this one and I hope they go to the SB.

The Rock

07-Jan-19
Rocco,

Send Glass out to Denver when he heals up. He'd be an upgrade to what we have now.

Matt

07-Jan-19
One thing seems obvious, the Ravens are VERY committed to trading Flacco.

07-Jan-19
Mahomes is fun to watch... and he plays with such confidence. With him at the helm, KC is going to be good for a long time. That said, Go Pats!

07-Jan-19
Pat's really need a legit backup, Flacco could workout for a 7th rounder :) (I'm just being sarcastic here)

The more I think about this, the more excited I am for the Colt's Chiefs game. There is something really good about this Colt's team. Sort of under the radar all year, Luck seems to have fully recovered, finally - long road for that guy. And the D seems to be capable. It feels like it could be like the KC/Ram's game or KC/Pats games from earlier in the year, and while I dont think the colts hold the Chiefs under 24 points, I do think the colds could score 40 on them. So I think they have a darn good chance.

07-Jan-19
Flacco has Redskins acquisition written all over him.

07-Jan-19
Will, it won't surprise me if the Colts v Chiefs game ends up with 80+ points on the scoreboard. The Chiefs have the #1 offense in net yards and points per game. But, their defense is ranked #31 in yards allowed and 24th in points scored per game. They beat teams by out-scoring them. But, the Colts can also put pints on the board and they have a decent defense. I believe the Colts are going to pull off the upset.

07-Jan-19
Jimbo,

Spot on, IMO. The Colts defense will be the difference in the game, and Chiefs fans will be left sucking on yet another close-but-no-cigar.

Matt

07-Jan-19
The Chiefs are this season's version of the 2011 Packers. Defense wins championships.

07-Jan-19
Good points Brotsky, GG and Jimbo. That Colt's D could be it... BUT, I think the other ? is Andy Reid. Heck of a good coach, but historically seems to come a bit undone in big games. Mahomes may "fix" that... But if Indi can match their points and just get 1 stop... I can see the Colts getting the W.

07-Jan-19
I think you guys are right actually. Even so, it was a great season no matter how it ends.

The team all stood! I support them.

07-Jan-19
Arrowhead is a tough place to play. And the fans will be cranked up. I'm pulling for Luck..... but it's gonna be a tough game. Ol' Man Rivers..... pulling for him too.... Hope it's a nice clear warm day in New England..... =D

I think Philly has got the toughest row to hoe of all the games...... but that's why they play the game..... Hard to say what Rams team show up..... an extra week to rest and heal should get things back on track. So many good stories....

Interesting season. I don't recall a playoff year where a strong case can be made for all in it. Who's hot that day, who's healthy.... who matches up best..... then flip a coin as to how the ball bounces.... or sometimes the uprights.... AND crossbars bounce..... that was wild.

Entertaining..... even if your team loses.... sorta....

07-Jan-19
TD, you’re correct. Plenty of good stories. I have a personal disdain for PHI (fan related) but the I’m “ all in” on the Foles by-line. Even if the Pats take the SB, it’s likely that last hoorah for the GOAT. I won’t begrudge him that.

Can’t lose with this slate. There are only degrees of winning.

07-Jan-19
Upon Futher Review,

The NFL is now calling the missed FG a block, saying Eagles DE Treyvon Hester deflected the ball after it left the kicker's foot.

07-Jan-19
If anyone can do it, it’s Belichek and Brady. Don’t count them out. Greatest coach/QB combo ever

07-Jan-19
It won't make a difference to Bears fans, they still hate him. Kicking this year is really in the game plans more than ever.

07-Jan-19
Matt,

Call Elway and remind him that Nick Foles will be on the market when the Eagles run is over. Teams are already inquiring skirting the NFL rules about courting. He won't come cheap but in a few years once settled in you will have the Trophy.

The Eagles are intent on keeping a "chandelier" of a QB in Carson Wentz who has never finished a season and whose entire resume' consists of 10 wins in 2017. Never won a must win game and never won a single playoff game a game in his entire short career. Now on top of that he has had explosive major knee surgery and a cracked vertebrae in his back a recurring injury from college. They can't afford to keep both as the cap is not there. They let Foles walk a mutiny will ensue in Philly. They erected a bronze statue of Foles outside of the stadium for God's sake last year when he won the SB, but the "Golden" boy still gets the ink from the a$$ kissers. I am flummoxed. The guy is a winner and cold as ice on the big stage. His bad games end up in wins at the end.

Get him Matt and then send me Flowers before the Giants or Jacksonville does.

07-Jan-19
Rocky, I'm a Wentz fan and I believe he has plenty of winning ahead of him but if PHI lets Foles walk - especially if he goes deep in the playoffs - it's just another reason to despise the Eagles. lol

07-Jan-19
Rocky,

Wentz's "Entire career" started just LAST YEAR!

So give us a break!

07-Jan-19
Habitat for Wildlife - Knew when they iced kicker Parkey he wouldn't make, he was so terrible the Browns even waived him...

07-Jan-19
And you know if the Browns let him go he had to be terrible. Lol.

Call me what you want, I feel bad for the guy.

Speaking of the Browns, I would bet better than even odds they make it to the playoffs next year. Then it will be tough for me. I would pull for the Browns over the Chiefs.

07-Jan-19
Yeah, a lot of playoff talk about next year going on around here, but the whole new coaching staff changed worries me... I wanta keep Williams and Kitchens, don't try to fix what's now finally working, let them roll...

07-Jan-19
Rocco,

Foles or Mr. Glass, I don't care which one. Both would be an upgrade over the second team QB, who 3 teams gave up on, that we have now.

I can't help noting that the youngest and least experienced of the QBs in last weekend's games showed it, especially at the end of the game. Perhaps there is something to be said about experience over talent. Pretty Boy may well be the exception, but time will tell. As they say, that's why they play the game.

Johnny U was my earliest favorite QB. In fact, my first football uniform had a Colts jersey with #19 on it, so I'll be rooting for the guys with a horseshoe on their helmets. Besides, a good portion of my family resides in Chief's country, so I'm the yin to their yang. ;-)

Matt

07-Jan-19
Z,

Don't you think it will be easy to replace with something better? From far away, it sure looked like HJ was the problem. Their winning immediately turned around on a dime after the change, and their first loss to Chiefs.

07-Jan-19
Listening to some talking football heads on the radio yesterday ("watched" the game on-top the radio...), they all agreed, there would be 3 times the teams lined up to get Wentz than Foles and would pay a good deal morefor him. Short memories I guess for Eagles fans.... early in the year Foles WAS the QB.....and he didn't play well. Fans were going to burn the building down if they didn't get Wentz in there but he wasn't fully recovered yet. The injury he had can take over a year to recover from, it wasn't "just" a torn ACL. I'm sure that took it's toll as well.

Foles been good come playoff time, for a few games..... but it's not like his career begin in Philly. He's been around the league a while now, in reality this Philly team is his fourth. (second time after they originally drafted him) He has hot games and cold games. Honestly, if he was that good,or at least that consistent, you'd think he would have caught on with those other teams?

Basically....Foles, or his team, have been able to pull a rabbit out of their arse at just the right time.... not like they have dominated anyone with their offense..... he threw two picks yesterday too..... Teams normally don't put much stock in the luck factor.... well, 'cept for Andrew.....

WRT injuries and "glass".... there was this guy had so bad an injury the team traded him. Small guy for a QB, the book on him was injuries were going to be an issue..... name was Brees or something I think......

07-Jan-19
Kyle,

Get your facts straight. You sound like the WentzHeads here in Philly who have now jumped ship and want the Eagles to sign Foles and trade Wentz unthinkable just 4 months ago. 2016 Wentz starts his career is injured in his 2nd pre-season game with a rib injury and sits out. He starts the season with the Eagles and finishes 7-9. 2017 Wentz compiles a 10-2 record but beats only one team above .500. The 14th game his knee is completely shattered in the Rams game which the Eagles were losing in the 4th quarter, the doctors saying they never seen a knee exploded to that degree. Nick Foles replaces Wentz and takes the Eagles on two drives and wins the Rams game. Foles wins the next two games and secures home field advantage throughout the playoff, goes on to win the SB and the SB MVP setting multiple NFL records in the process. 2018 Foles starts the first two games of the season and a ready Wentz replaces him in the third game of the season. Wentz is terrible to be kind re-injures the fractured vertebrae he broke in H.S and then again in college in his back and now again in the PRO'S. Wentz's record when he leaves is 6-7 and Nick Foles takes over once again. The Eagles had a Vegas % of 16 to make the playoffs. Foles must win against the powerhouse Rams the Texans and then beat Washington for the sliver of a chance. The Vikings must lose their last game if the Eagles are to wildcard. Foles goes into LA on the road and beats the hottest offensive team in football and tears it up in a shootout with GOFF. The following week he throws for a record 471 yds. and 4 td's in a come from behind win over the Texans one of the best defensive teams this year outside of Chicago again setting NFL records along the way. Lo and behold Chicago who could have laid down in the last game of the season and pulled their starters with nothing to gain, plays their starters and knocks out the Vikes who they would have played in their first round playoff game. The Vikes loss puts the Eagles in and the Eagles go into Chicago who has not lost at home and is the best defensive team in football and Foles takes the Eagles on the game winning drive despite throwing 2 ints in the first half. Foles run sets or ties 6 NFL records including 25 passes in a row. Carson Wentz remains injured on the bench and Foles is taking the Eagles to New Orleans where the Saints 6 weeks previous beat Wentz and the Eagles 48-7.

Now you tell me who gets the chance to play here. A injury prone never finished a season super athletic QB who is on the bench or the QB whose Bronze statue stands outside Lincoln Financial Field who called the greatest play in SB history.

The Rock

08-Jan-19
I hope you play Foles forever.

Sincerely, The Dallas Cowboys

08-Jan-19
If Wentz gets traded, as a Pats fan, Ill happily see our two backup QB's and a draft pick or two go to philli for that often (snicker) injured guy. He could back up the GOAT for a couple more years then take the reigns... And suddenly, while perhaps no #12, the Pat's can continue being one of the better teams in the league for another 5-10 years. Ahhhhh.

:)

08-Jan-19
Rocky,

Given your proven, 'ahem,' 'ability' to evaluate football (SEC 16, NOT the SEC 44), I'll take your evaluation of Wentz with a grain of salt.

08-Jan-19
Matt,

".....it always comes down to the damn kicker."

As in, "I keeck a touchdown," ………..Garo Yepremian. From when soccer style kicking got it's start.

08-Jan-19
Wentz is going nowhere.

If Wentz and Foles we’re both on the market, there would be 3 times the amount of teams lining up for Wentz. But, St Nick is magic.

08-Jan-19
Go Chargers! This is coming from a disgruntled former San Diego fan that now roots for the AZ Cardinals.

08-Jan-19
OK,

I totally admit I'm prejudiced in favor of Wentz.

He's from North Dakota.

I'm from North Dakota.

He played for North Dakota State, located in Fargo.

I was born in Fargo and my father was attending NDSU until WWII broke out and he joined the Army.

Most of all, I'd never seen Wentz play until the FCS Championship in January of 2017.

I was amazed with how fast he could go through his reads, then how quickly he could make the throw and how accurate he was.

I was not at all surprised he was drafted at #2.

FYI, ya'll.

Alabama is NOT the NCAA team with the most National Championships over the past few years.

The North Dakota State Bison own that title!

08-Jan-19
Well he is setting the bench on fire here in Philly in the NFL sitting on it for two straight years watching Nick Foles set NFL records on fire.

I guess your right about his reads because he has plenty of time to do it. Incidentally his reads when he played was his downfall aside from his physical prowess and "DURABILITY" only being able to target one receiver Zach Ertz his first and only read. After that is was all broken plays, a broken knee, broken back, broken shoulder and broken wrist. That is his history. See it the way you want. If he was a horse...well hailing from N. Dakota you know the rest.

The Rock

08-Jan-19
The Rock,

OK, We all agree you're the expert here on football.

Esp. when Alabama is a slam dunk bet to blow away Clemson in the BCS Championship game.

Or maybe not.

08-Jan-19
Rocco gets a smackdown from Kyle!! l love it.

'Bama/SEC what....?

Matt

08-Jan-19
Kyle,

Remember Dragnet...."Just the facts ma'am, just the facts". Having a bad day there boss? Can't be as bad as the one I had yesterday regarding football. You're acting as if you are wearing fiberglass underwear on the floor of the NYSE and bought (BRK.A) at 200k yesterday. Whatever it is that is bothering you, just let it go. Its not worth it. ;-0

Matt,

I think I have been kind and civil with you when you have afforded me ample opportunity on many occasions to strap the blade. Why would you love it.? Is this a Brutus thing buddy ?

The Rock

08-Jan-19
Rocky,

I have no idea what you just said.

Try again, only this time in English!

08-Jan-19
Kyle,

Remember Dragnet...."Just the facts ma'am, just the facts". Maybe Dragnet was before your time. Understandable but not probable.

Having a bad day there boss? Trans.... You seem a bit irritable about something. In perspective as far as I am concerned and continue to crucify myself , not as bad as the day I was having yesterday with Alabama.

This I believed was " inside jargon in your wheelhouse" and should have been self explanatory coupled with the underwear and your irritability spike. If you do not stay connected to the markets which I had assumed you had I understand your confusion.

" Whatever it is that is bothering you, just let it go. Its not worth it. ;-0 " Here I guess I mean.....Whatever it is that is bothering you, just let it go. Its not worth it. ;-0

I don't know what else to say or how to say it truthfully without spouting boring one liners and trouble connecting the dots. ;-)

The Rock

12-Jan-19
Chiefs, two touchdowns, first two drives. 14-0. Keep rolling Dawgs!

12-Jan-19
I wasn’t expecting this. But it’s early...

Matt

12-Jan-19
It is early, but I feel better already than Rocky did;-)

12-Jan-19
Reid has been taken over, converted two fourth downs already.

12-Jan-19
Fans throwing snowballs on the field.....

12-Jan-19
24-7, almost half time. Colts only score came on a blocked punt. Colts do not have an offensive first down yet.

12-Jan-19
Chris, hell of a storm yesterday into day. We have almost 10" at home.

Booze, snow, if this were Cleveland it would be really bad.

12-Jan-19
Doink.... off the upright

12-Jan-19
Great half for the Chefs. Where’s this D been all season?

Matt

12-Jan-19
Chiefs moving on.........

12-Jan-19
31-13, two and half minutes left. Looking good for the Cccchhhiiieeeeffffffsssss!

12-Jan-19
Yes we are Chris. Rock called this one right!

Matt, where's the congratulations?

;-)

12-Jan-19
Congrats Frank !! My wife knows so little about football.... she asked if that game us over yet..... little does she know it’s the Cowboys Vs. Rams now..... :-)

12-Jan-19
I think that might be the first complete game (offense and defense) the chiefs played all season. Timing couldn’t be better. Can they sustain? Go chiefs!

12-Jan-19
Great game, Chefs..Don’t celebrate too long, yet.

Matt

12-Jan-19
I am really happy for Andy Reid. He deserves after all the close calls in Philly in the midst of losing his young boy to drugs.

Congrats Chiefs.....and KC fans.

The Rock

13-Jan-19
Did the colts receivers set a record for dropped passes today? Mahomes is incredible. Watched about 10 minutes of the game but did watch A lot of the Rams and Chiefs game back a few weeks.

13-Jan-19
Vinatieri...... I'm guessing a hall of fame retirement.... likely his last game, or looked like it should be.....

13-Jan-19
Ebron is a big force...... but dropped passes are why the Lions let him go.

13-Jan-19
The second worst defense in the league held the second best offense in the league to 6 points.

13-Jan-19
I continue to ignore. As advised. Willing to stay silent. Not sayin' nothing ... not a word.

Chuckle.

13-Jan-19

HA/KS's Link
"Chiefs guard Jeff Allen got help from a stranger before the game. Now, Allen is looking for that fan and wants to reward him with AFC Championship tickets."

"My car got stuck in the snow before the game & a nice guy named Dave help pull me out without knowing I was a player. I want to give him tickets to the AFC championship game for helping but don’t have a way to contact him. He drove a 97 or 98 Black Suburban. "

13-Jan-19
Eagles off to a good start.

15-Jan-19

HA/KS's Link
Apparently the stranger has been found and is a homeless man who is also a convicted felon.

"It’s overwhelming to him, the people who are coming from all directions to reward him. A GoFundMe account on his behalf raised its $10,000 goal in less than a day; a dental group wants to offer free work; a veterinarian’s office wants to care for the little dog that was in Cochran’s arms as all the news media were talking to him Sunday.

Cochran feels a responsibility, he said, to make good of it.

“We’ve got a lot of caring, good-hearted people in Kansas City,” he said. “I want to use this to build myself up. I want to give back.”" .

• Sitka Gear