Kevin Dill 09-Jan-19
Salagi 09-Jan-19
TT-Pi 09-Jan-19
Grey Ghost 09-Jan-19
TD 09-Jan-19
WV Mountaineer 09-Jan-19
t-roy 09-Jan-19
09-Jan-19
Don't do twitter, but doesn't it have spell check/auto correct? Or maybe that's the problem! ;-)

09-Jan-19
Pat, I realize this may sound somewhat silly but it is said he does it on purpose... for whatever reason I don't know, but some think it's cryptic... President is no fool, the man is a genius.... when was the last time a genius sat in the White House? :0)

09-Jan-19
Pat...I don't tweet and do not really like typing on my phone or tablet (size and lack of keyboard's other attributes). Trump's misspellings may well be due to that wonderful feature of auto-correct.

Auto-correct...hits me all the time on my phone and tablet which are much harder to type on...and if I don't take a little extra time to read carefully, get wrong spelling far too often.

Sometimes the auto-induced wording is far far from what I intended...and sometimes rather silly and inane.

09-Jan-19
Twitter does not have auto correct. Atleast on my phone it doesn’t.

09-Jan-19
Autocorrect is part of most Android keypads. No clue about Apple products. Somewhere in settings it can be turned on or off. By default it (mfg. dependent) it is turned on. One can add words to the default dictionary which is helpful for those who use specific words not recognized; for example I often need to use the word "immunogenetics" which gives autocorrect conniptions.

09-Jan-19
Has anyone clued him in that most of these fires are or start on Federal Forrest lands and it is under Federal Forrest management … not the State.

09-Jan-19
I nose my buds on internets doenst give know slack for speling or gramatical u sage.

All ways wirth more dan da price of admision. Hdylmk

09-Jan-19

09-Jan-19
I take his "Twittering" with a grain of salt, I really think he'd fare better without it. Agreed that it rarely accentuates his intelligence, or reflects a good image of the Leader of the Free World.

That being said...as long as his "actions" stay consistent, I'll reserve overall judgement of his Presidency from his Tweets.

09-Jan-19
One can understand why Trump favors twitter over relying on the media for obvious reasons.

Other than forcing the media to cover him speaking from the bully pulpit of the Presidency on TV (remember: many networks actually considered skipping his talk...and even considered pre-censoring it before release), twitter gives him an uncensored platform to reach many. And although Twitter has blocked and censored many conservative voices, actually blocking Trump would affirm his point about fake and biased media.

Still, I wish he would take a little time and effort to self-censor and edit before posting rather than shooting from the hip.

09-Jan-19
While I'm not particularly a President Trump fan, I wont bust him for spelling. I've had a few wonderful days in my life. Birth of my kids, wedding, meeting my wife... Oh, and the day I learned that spelling does not correlate with intelligence! Phew - thank God... I'd be a complete dolt if it did!

Add to that with the "keyboard" on smart phones and that frigging "autospell"... and who knows what the guy is typing.

So, Ill admit that I get frustrated by some of the messages he tweets, heck I get frustrated with twitter in general... But spelling... Not a problem.

09-Jan-19
Autocorrect is not that smart. I had to teach mine how to swear......

09-Jan-19
The only way I’ll know if his spelling is bad is if he posts on the Bowsite. I don’t look at that other garbage.

09-Jan-19
His 'Smocking Gun' tweet was a classic.

09-Jan-19

09-Jan-19
I know plenty of people who are imperfect spellers and make grammatical errors, yet they are intelligent and professional. I don’t think Trump’s poor spelling and grammar mean he’s dumb by any means. On the other hand, I think the leader of this nation shouldn’t be putting out messages that look like they could have been composed by a 14 year old C-minus student. Misuse of caps, misspelled words, incorrect punctuation and a host of other errors don’t encourage people to respect his qualifications.

09-Jan-19
I don't do Twitter so I don't know if it spell checks or not. I do get irritated at constant misspellings by people on texts, emails, and whatever. I think part of it comes from dependence on spell checkers and the abbreviations that are in use. There is no telling how many papers I get in school (including research papers), that have things like, "If u ever smoked u will be in danger of loosing you're life."

My spelling has gotten worse over the years, sometimes the spell check will just throw it's little cyber hands in the air and say "You're on your own dude." I tried the voice text on my phone because I hate typing on that little keyboard. I had to quit when I was trying to text my wife. I said "be careful" into my phone and it typed "free beer". ;)

09-Jan-19
He needs an assistant. I wonder if Monica is still available? Oh, and someone to do that spell check thing too.

09-Jan-19
Pat

Having an English teaching mother, spelling and grammar were important parts of my upbringing. If you fly fish, picture The River Runs Thru It movie, and the scene where the older brother has to perfect his English homework before his Father will allow him to go fly fishing with his younger brother.

Anyway, I cringe, and I'm sure my mother rolls in her grave, every time Trump makes his mistakes in front of the world to see and ponder.

Matt

09-Jan-19
I don't do twitter..... but from what I've seen...... I'd say 3/4 of users are poor spellers and grammar errors even an illiterate like me can see. Some is the platform, limited content and tiny keyboards promote abbreviations and shorthand. Some are just stupid. I'd be in the don't really give a....care.... group.

People who are good spellers normally have great memories, phone numbers, names, etc.... that's not me..... Maybe the only thing I might have in common with Trump.... besides a grate love of cuntry.... =D

09-Jan-19
You can look at my posts here and tell which came from a phone and, which comes from my lap top. While I do think it is important to be correct in grammar and spelling, I can easily see where an impulsive person could make such errors frequently when posting off of their phone.

09-Jan-19
I would always get a chuckle when “W” would say “nuculer”. Even his wife would give him grief about it.

Totally agree with elkmtngear.

• Sitka Gear