Franzen 11-Jan-19
Rocky 11-Jan-19
BIGHORN 11-Jan-19
TD 11-Jan-19
mn_archer 15-Jan-19
Crusader dad 16-Jan-19
Crusader dad 16-Jan-19
09-Jan-19
After reading the other thread about the game warden busting the girl on an internet dating site, I thought it might be interesting to read stories of those who have been on internet dates and how did it go? For me.....I was married before there was an internet....or real computers for that matter.

09-Jan-19
And JTV in 3,2,1.........Hahahhahah www.oldmenseekingtwentysomethings.com

09-Jan-19
I know 2 guys who married off the internet and both are working out great. When i got married 54 yrs ago there was no internet. Hell we just got a phone, in door bathroom and in door water 2 years before that.

09-Jan-19
I met my wife in 2008 on e-harmony after meeting several others who didn't come close to making the cut.

She's an amazing woman, in particular because she can put up with me.

She's kind, caring, very, very bright, exceptionally tolerant, as well as incredibly ethical, which is my #1 priority for anyone I deal with personally or in business.

I am blessed!

09-Jan-19
Ha !!!! How does that work when you don’t drink ?? Ha !! I know you’re secretly stalking Taylor Swift ......:-)

09-Jan-19
I have. One was a complete and total nymphomaniac and crazy and the rest were just crazy!

09-Jan-19
Seriously? Can you say LOSERS?

09-Jan-19
spike78,

So,how long did you date the nympho?

LOL

09-Jan-19
"Never been on a computer date but I met a girl using an abacus once."

She love you long time? ;-)

09-Jan-19
Met my wife at a keg party in college in 1970. She had been drinking heavily, guess that’s what made her go with me. Been married 45 years. Our son met his wife on the internet. Th have been married eight years and have two perfect kids, our grand daughters.

09-Jan-19

09-Jan-19
You can tell Dale is a grandparent. :^)

09-Jan-19
You mean with like a real live girl????

No, I never have.... just asking for, you know, a friend....

09-Jan-19
Nva, she was fine until she started to do drive by’s at night to see if someone was at my house. Then it got worse from there. When I say nympho I mean full blown should see a psychiatrist nympho lol.

09-Jan-19
spike78,

So, if she was a nympho, what was the problem? ;^)

09-Jan-19
I have probably been on 30 dates from online dating sites. All but one went well.

One thing I learned. They all have snakes in there head just some have more than others.

09-Jan-19
Nva, I’ve been asked that many times and the answer is you have no idea until you actually meet one. Believe me it gets aggravating you almost have to call up friends and have them take over lol.

09-Jan-19

TD's embedded Photo
TD's embedded Photo

09-Jan-19
I've been on a few and it's been my experience that the camera takes off 60-70 lbs. Either that or they have wildly swinging weights. I wasn't looking for a super model or anything, but I'm talking these women were linebackers. They should have had a user name something like "cute face fat ass" or equivalent. My advise is keep looking if they don't have a couple 3/4 photos......unless you like big girls. All but one were really nice though, the one complained to our server that the sushi was a "little fishy", after wolfing down about $90 of it; she sure could clean a plate though.

My younger brother has some pretty funny internet dating stories....he's had his share of crazies.

09-Jan-19
Cmon Ben big girls need lovin too!

09-Jan-19
This, is a hilarious thread! Spike, that's classic. If we hunt CT at some point, do I need to watch my six for this woman?

This thread mandates the key educational video for all men ;)

09-Jan-19
Now that I think about it.....a sister met hubby #2 on a dating site. That one lasted about 17 years.

Some folks use to troll Craigslist but I think that can be risky. There is a country dating website for country folks. I could see a few folks from here trying that one.

09-Jan-19
I would do the internet dating thing but my wife said no.

Will that's another site ( the 6 and all) ... watch your 12 she's a real female.

Spike, was it her first time?

09-Jan-19
That vid was hilarious!

09-Jan-19
Will ya never know! Pi hell no!

09-Jan-19
I've been on two. The first one = thumbs down. Like Ben h's above she was a load.

The second one, Helen, was from Virginia. Lots of miles between us. She agreed to go to Colorado with me bow hunting elk. She would be my "camp cook". She flew to Wisconsin, we hooked up and drove to Colorado for the elk hunt. Everything went well until we ran into a wrangler with a string of horses in a pack train. He told us about the 9/11 attack. We never knew it happened. Then we noticed, gee no air planes are flying. We got Helen out to where she could use her phone. Everyone was safe back in Virginia. The airports were still shut down out East where she would be flying back into and it was looking like I would have to drive Helen back to Virginia but by the time we made it back to Wisconsin the airports had resumed operation and Helen flew back home. That was the last I saw of Helen. We communicated via internet for awhile. Then in October I met my wife (not on the internet) and in December I said good by to Helen.

Yes that was an internet date I will never forget or want to forget. Helen was nice. Distance does not make the heart grow fonder. For me it's out of sight, out of mind.

09-Jan-19
Kyle,

"So, if she was a nympho, what was the problem?" The heart attack. ;-)

The Rock

09-Jan-19
Heart attack in bed? Worse ways to go..... like a kitchen knife in your back while you're sleeping...... or getting a Bobbitt....

09-Jan-19
Is there an app for it?

09-Jan-19
Met my wife on eHarmony in 2007. Celebrated our tenth anniversary this last November.

I met about 6 women on that site, most very nice. My wife and I "talked" thru the website for 4 weeks before we met. By then we both had a pretty good idea that the other was someone we'd like to be serious with. I liked that aspect.

09-Jan-19
Spike just to be clear ... you're sure she was a "she" and she likely had some prior experience. OK, we got that clear. Now, why would Will have to cover his backside from her? Or should I not ask?

09-Jan-19
I found mine while baling hay and shoveling manure 43 years ago. When you added in the dogs we knew it was a match right then and there! Still is!

10-Jan-19
WW...And here I thought I was the only guy in America that found a girl on a hay wagon!

10-Jan-19
You gotta wade through a bunch of crazy if you're going to do the internet thing. That goes for both men and women.

10-Jan-19
South Farm: No you're not, and them are the best kind!

10-Jan-19
Met my wife on my Birthday (2001) in the Meat Isle of the local Farmer Jack’s. The rest is history. This Friday will be our 16th wedding anniversary, and 2 kids later I couldn’t ask for anything better to have happened to me in life. You all can keep the internet thing. I’ve watched enough friends try it that I have come to the conclusion that if they are 30+ AND single, they are Crazy!!! Granted, there are a few to that exception, it for the most part we got to hear some hilarious stories.

For instance, one lady told Tony that if she found him “chatting” with another woman, she would “Stomp a country mudhole in his ass”. I don’t know what that all would entail, but it sure didn’t sound comfortable.

Many days when I hear these stories, I just look skyward and thank the lord for what I have AND for knowing the guys who don’t mind sharing the stories, as both put a huge smile on my face.

10-Jan-19
Or, used to be married to some guy with even more flaws.

11-Jan-19
I know a handful of friends and colleagues that are online dating. I'm sure there is a healthy way to go about it. We just haven't figured it out yet. lol

I courted my wife the old fashioned way. We started dating as children. Practically, anyway, I was 16 and she was 15 when we "went steady."

11-Jan-19

JL's Link
Some folks of faith might try the Christian Mingle website. I suppose it's possible to have not-too-good encounters here but I would think the single members would be more stable in a couple of areas.(??)

11-Jan-19
You don't have to be lonely at Farmers Only!

11-Jan-19
Pat,

You might want to rethink that. I seem to recall a few Bowsite ads with Julie kneeling over a dead animal, with a smile. Just sayin....

11-Jan-19

Bowbender's Link

11-Jan-19
Maybe if you didn't go by "Mamba Tamer" Pat, they would leave you alone. They really don't know who they're messing with figuratively or literally.

11-Jan-19
My brother in law, a 3 time loser, yes loser, posted on Craigslist in his bio that he enjoyed having a drink or 10 quite frequently. I bust out laughing when he told me. He claims he had 14 answers in 2 days. He did bring one of these women to a family wedding and they both got plastered and I mean hunched over the table bombed. This dog is still on the hunt but he just can't seem to see the no trespassing signs.

11-Jan-19
No internet when we met at a bowling alley. Will be married 50 years this year. Still my best friend.

11-Jan-19
Pat.... that's mighty kind hearted and generous of you..... a real humanitarian..... you might even have a future in politics.... =D

Here it's not just online dating..... you can go to the PI and other Asian countries and basically pick up a bride mail order. It's pretty common in Hawaii actually. For some reason many (not all, but many) of these guys don't like American women.... or more likely American women don't like them.

I know several guys that have done just that. I know one that worked out pretty well. A few have sorta worked out. But for many they bring them back here and after a "happy" couple of years or however long they have to be legally married to stay.... they are looking for a better deal, divorce, take the house and the guy is, well, screwed..... which in some cases was the original plan I guess....

15-Jan-19

mn_archer's embedded Photo
mn_archer's embedded Photo
I met a few on match.com and they were all nice women. One in particular who messaged me several times seemed almost too perfect.

We finally met up after a few months of chatting in june, 2005. A buddy and I met her and a friend of hers for a couple beers and I told my friend as soon as they left I was going to marry her.

We now have 2 incredible kids and a great life.

16-Jan-19
I have a lot of really pretty single Facebook friends. Most are young 30’s who have come out of failed relationships. Some seem a bit damaged but the vast majority seem like great women who picked shitty men. If my wife ever decides to get rid of me I definitely won’t be lonely ;-).

I checked out tinder just for shits and giggles a couple years ago and although it’d be easy to get some I wouldn’t be looking there for a relationship.

16-Jan-19
My oldest sister has been doing the internet dating thing for years. She likes black professionals and from what I’ve seen most of her choices turn out to be married or just plain losers. I don’t have much hope for her to find a decent man that fits her criteria and can put up with her. She can be “difficult”.

• Sitka Gear