Bowbender 11-Jan-19
Woods Walker 11-Jan-19
Mint 11-Jan-19
HDE 11-Jan-19
Ace 11-Jan-19
Woods Walker 11-Jan-19
gflight 11-Jan-19
11-Jan-19
They do this stuff all the time. When in minority, introduce bill that have no chance of passing so they can have a talking point next election cycle. When in majority they do nothing of substance. Ie Border wall and repeal of Obamacare

11-Jan-19
I agree, the voter is always being played. But the real idiots are the voters that keep electing these liars to these lifetime congressional positions. Neither of my Senators, Schumer, or Gillabrand ( who was originally appointed, not elected ) represent my views, and my Congresswoman Stefanick is a RINO. Taxation without representation.

11-Jan-19
.....But the real idiots are the voters....

The first and last word to the beginnings of all our troubles. The politicians do EXACTLY what they are told to do by the voters. How could they retain their seats if the voters did not believe in them? The P.T. Barnum syndrome. Don't underestimate the stupidity of the American people. Incredibly with the plethora of data to support this, the people will continue fanatic in the same exact vein.

The Rock

11-Jan-19
They ought to vote on TERM LIMITS. The bastards!

11-Jan-19
The GOP has no one to blame but themselves for losing the House. They promise all kinds of things and then they went "Sybil" on us......again....

11-Jan-19
When are the politicians going to realize they ain't gonna take the guns away and people are going to carry if they think they need to. Stop wasting everyone's time and money and do something right for a change.

If everyone could quit their jobs for one month, the gov't would be brought to its knees. Then you may see them perk up and listen for a change...

11-Jan-19
"Don't underestimate the stupidity of the American people."

Of course not. That is how the ACA was passed. As Jonathan Gruber, architect of the ACA so eloquently stated, "Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage, And basically, call it the stupidity of the American voter or whatever, but basically that was really really critical for the thing to pass."

The bigger issue as I see it, as much as I would like to see reciprocity between the states, I'd rather it be left up to the states. Big fan of the 2A and concealed carry. Bigger fan of states rights. Feds giveth, feds taketh away.

11-Jan-19
And don't forget......."We need to pass it to find out what's in it."

And the sh&t for brains that made that statement is once again SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE, and was when she made it!!!! So who's the real sh&t for brains here???

11-Jan-19
I believe the House DID bring it up when the GOP controlled the Senate but it didn't matter since the RINO's were going to vote against it.

11-Jan-19
The feds give and take because we allow them to...

11-Jan-19

Ace's Link
Gun Owners of America (see link) has an interesting take on this. They are incidentally the Real Pitt Bull in this fight. The NRA will talk and compromise when the see an advantage. GOA digs in and takes the hard line. They make enemies but they get results. The NRA is more effective because GOA is on the case, and vice versa. I suggest that we all ask our Rep and Senators to support this. It may not go anywhere, but then, stranger things have happened. It might be just what is needed to kill another Anti Gun Bill. OR, it might get attached to something that they HAVE to vote yes on.

Rep. Hudson Reintroduces Constitutional Carry-Friendly Reciprocity

Dear Friend:

I have great news. Gun owners have a "silver bullet" that can stop the gun control agenda being peddled by Nancy Pelosi -- thanks to a pro-gun member of the House of Representatives.

Republican Rep. Richard Hudson of North Carolina reintroduced his concealed carry reciprocity bill last week, and he was able to secure the same number as last year.

Like his previous bill, H.R. 38 would advance gun rights protections in several ways, as it would:

1) Allow your concealed carry license to be recognized in every state in the country -- thereby eliminating the possibility that you would be imprisoned for decades, merely for taking the wrong ramp off an interstate.

2) Protect the right of people from Constitutional Carry states to also carry firearms out of state -- so they could carry across the country with no permit!

3) Protect the right of citizens from anti-gun states (like NJ, NY, IL, HI, CA, etc.) by allowing them to carry in their own states, after getting a permit from a more gun-friendly state.

4) Open the door to allowing teachers to protect their students against mass murderers who attack their children in the classroom.

H.R. 38 already has nearly 100 cosponsors. Urging Your Congressmen to Cosponsor H.R. 38 is NOT a waste of your time!

H.R. 38 is a great bill. But why try to get cosponsors on a pro-gun bill when Nancy Pelosi controls the House?

Surely, Pelosi is not going to let H.R. 38 get a vote, right?

No, she’s not. But we shouldn’t jettison our agenda, simply based on who controls the Congress.

Have you noticed that the anti-gun Left never stops pushing for votes -- even when they are in the minority? That’s how they keep their momentum and their agenda on the table.

We at Gun Owners of America will not stop pushing for concealed carry reciprocity.

Besides, it may be the best way to kill the anti-gun agenda that Pelosi wants to cram down our throats.

In 2013, Senator Harry Reid would have passed Obama gun control (probably with 50 votes), had not our threat to offer reciprocity thwarted him. Reciprocity became the “silver bullet” which helped us kill the entire Obama gun control agenda in the Senate. (See p. 6 here.)

Well, 2019 is going to be a long year and there are going to be a lot of legislative battles.

And we are going to need to stay on offense if we expect to win the war.

Heck, you may even see H.R. 38 as an amendment to an infrastructure or immigration bill.

Remember when our pro-gun parks amendment passed as an amendment to a credit card bill -- with Barack Obama's signature in 2009?

That’s why I say that we should never give up and never stop going on offense -- no matter which party is in power.

11-Jan-19
I already sent that in!

11-Jan-19
"I think they can get this and should when Dems come running for a deal on the Border."

LoL. They didn't pass it before it won't be passed now.

• Sitka Gear