Grey Ghost 12-Jan-19
jjs 12-Jan-19
Highlife 12-Jan-19
Thumper 13-Jan-19
Highlife 13-Jan-19
keepemsharp 13-Jan-19
Shuteye 13-Jan-19
11-Jan-19
I am about to pull the trigger on a 22 pistol.... Heritage Roughrider.

Seem to get good reviews but wanted to see if anyone has a any thoughts.

Plan to use it to help teach my wife and kids to shoot pistol and also for fun!

11-Jan-19
They are fun little guns. I bought one for a bit. But, after shooting my Ruger 22 pistols, I just didn't have a use for it and sold it off. My son still has one and, takes it every where with him when riding atv's and such. The point you asked for was if they are worth the value. They most surely are. The two I've shot were accurate and trouble free. Great little guns and the nostalgia of having a wheel gun that looks and function like old western pistols makes them cool for sure. Buy it and enjoy. They are a lot of fun.

11-Jan-19
It’d be a fun pistol to teach with. The cylinder doesn’t swing out, so you have to load and eject one at a time. Sights aren’t adjustable, but inside 10 yards they’re plenty accurate.

I’d opt for the 6 1/2” barrrel over the 4 1/2”.

Have fun!

11-Jan-19
Fun, but a stainless Single Six is miles ahead. Adjustable sights make hitting things a lot easier and hitting stuff is a lot more fun for beginner shooters.

11-Jan-19
Out of all the handguns I've owned and shot, I've never been more accurate than with my Ruger Super Single Six. I used to be able to shoot tin cans out of the air with it! (That was when my eyesight and reflexes were that of a fit 20 something and not a decrepit, deteriorating 60 something!

12-Jan-19
WW...join the crowd. Still shoot my Ruger a bit but wait until you hit your mid-70s!

12-Jan-19
My dad got one as a gift from my brother in law. On a couple of occasions the hammer has locked in the fully cocked position and the trigger won’t release it. In order to release it, you have to hold the hammer back, pull and hold the trigger, then pull the hammer back as far as it will travel to release the pressure on the seat, then it will lower. I’m not sure if it is an alignment issue with the cylinder, rough spot on the sear, or some other issue.

It is getting better now, so I’m thinking it is due to a rough spot somewhere in the trigger assembly from the machining process.

12-Jan-19
You may find this video interesting. Sounds like quality control isn't the greatest.

Matt

12-Jan-19
Had one that I used for squirrel hunting, accurate and put a few tails on the ground with it. Sold it when moved to Alaska, didn't want any problems going across the border w/ a pistol. Funny, as I type this I am watching 'Dirty Harry' and he has 'the handgun'.

12-Jan-19
Picked one up for my FIL many years ago shot great unfortunately I lost it bringing it to him when my boat capsized on the Ohio

13-Jan-19
....with all your other guns..............lol.

Academy just had one on sale for $99 bucks, good value for sure. The ruger is $560....:(

13-Jan-19
Kevin don' t you just hate that lol my wife does the same thing to me.

13-Jan-19
Just got a Ruger LCRx, eight shot double action, stainless, aluminum and polymer. Pretty much impervious to rust, shoots really nice and handy to carry. A great trappers gun.

13-Jan-19
I have a Ruger Single Six that I have had for many years. Killed lots of squirrels with it and carried it on my trap line. I worked on the trigger and it it breaks at exactly two pounds. I had to warn my wife when she wanted to shoot it. also has a 22 mag cylinder. I haven't shot it in years since my wife gave me a Walther P 22 for my birthday. Have killed a lot of squirrels and groundhogs with it.

• Sitka Gear