bigswivle 15-Jan-19
Annony Mouse 15-Jan-19
TD 15-Jan-19
NvaGvUp 15-Jan-19
Tonybear61 15-Jan-19
Annony Mouse 16-Jan-19
Annony Mouse 16-Jan-19
12-Jan-19
Senior Trump officials have spoken out. After closed door mtg with Putin, Trump took his interpreter's notes, told linguist not to reveal what had transpired to other administration officials. This is a Pattern of concealing communications with Putin because there are no transcripts of how many times trump has spoken to Putin either in person or on the phone. He won’t allow any records to be kept or those conversations.

Question: Why?

By the way if he destroyed the notes, he violated the Presidential Records Act.

12-Jan-19
Would this be less worse, more worse, or equal to destroying thousands of emails?

12-Jan-19
Hmmm. Selling out our nation or deleting emails about your daughters wedding and some yoga classes.

Let me think about that one a little longer.

You do realize that investigation after investigation found no illegal activity in those emails. Right? Gowdy, Issa, Grassley. All investigated and found no wrong doing. None.

But let’s say those emails detailed murder and deceit. In the worst possible way. Would that excuse trump hiding transcripts and secret meetings? Would it?

Because all I’m hearing is “whataboutism” from the MAGAts. And for you to defend it frank, is pathetic.

12-Jan-19
.....and don't forget her lying right to the faces of the parents of the Americans killed at Benghazi OVER THE COFFINS OF THEIR SONS! That's why Sybil likes her so much. Lying scum attracts lying scum.

12-Jan-19
No excuses Paul, but there should never be two standards. Which is what you are supporting.

12-Jan-19
If you go about life with the view that all Politicians and ambulance chasing defense attorneys are shady,,,, You’ll never be disappointed in one.

12-Jan-19
There is absolutely no conceivable reason for hiding the contents of those meetings that is not treasonous. if there is, name one.

But I fear not because I trust the FBI, Mueller and our intelligence agencies

I am Confident that Mueller has interviewed the translators for all trump's meetings with Putin and his henchmen

Confident that Mueller knows why Vice President Pence was handpicked by Manafort

Confident Mueller knows why McConnell and co. are bending over backwards to protect trump

Confident Mueller knows exactly what happened in the trump tower meeting.

Confident Mueller knows exactly what Russia has on trump.

Tick tock

12-Jan-19
I expect this to go the same way as prosecuting Hillary. Nowhere.

12-Jan-19
Jeffrey, you do know that Manafort admitted to working with Russians for the campaign, right? as a reminder, he led trumps campaign. But nice try champ.

12-Jan-19
I also firmly believe that even if Trump was proven to be a Russian asset, and even if it was proven beyond dispute, Cult45 would still cheer him - and betray our country - rather than admit they had been duped. Raise your hands if you're among those who would continue supporting him after he's caught. Don't be shy now!

12-Jan-19
I also firmly believe that even if Trump was proven not to be a Russian asset, and even if it was proven beyond dispute, the lost 45th would still despise him - and betray our country - rather than admit they had been duped

12-Jan-19
Hey Greg, while you're at it, tell us all how you're totally fine with trump hiding secret meetings and asking the interpreters to get rid of the transcripts and to TELL NO ONE WHAT YOU HEARD IN HERE.

because that's completely normal for a US President, right?

12-Jan-19
Hey lying liar paulicia, I'm fine with it

is your head growing pointier every day with the chronic tds?

12-Jan-19
Hmmmmm....

Of course, I recall your indignation when Lurch, excuse me, Kerry carried on with the Iranians and or when Teddy carried on with the Russians.

Oh. That’s right. You had no problem with any of that. And they weren’t The president... with the authority to have conversations with any adversary or ally or neutral state. They were violating the Logan Act, but laws are for peasants

“By the way if he destroyed the notes, he violated the Presidential Records Act.”

By the way, If he hosed your mama...

Limiting access to documents does not mean that they’ve been destroyed.

If Trump breaks the law, I, like others, believe that there should be legal ramifications. Because we believe in the rule of law and would welcome its return.

Unlike your pathetic, hypocritical, irrational, partisan excuse for an occupied cranium.

For Pete’s sake!!! Do you ever even consider the crap you post?

13-Jan-19
Secret meetings, did you ask about secret meetings?.....:eek:

13-Jan-19

"Around 109 lobbyists and corporate executives are named in a memo welcoming the guests, which include some from prominent Washington firms, R.J. Reynolds, Facebook, Comcast, Amazon, PhRMA, Microsoft, Intel, Verizon, and unions like the National Education Association.

A spokesman for the BOLD PAC -- part of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus -- would not tell the Examiner which "Democrat" members of Congress would be attending. But U.S. Sen. Bob Menendez, D-N.J., was spotted on the beach Saturday, according to a FOX News producer."

As shutdown drags on, D pols take a chartered jet vacation to the Caribbean, see ‘Hamilton’, secret meetings with lobbyists.

13-Jan-19

Habitat for Wildlife's Link
Trump denies it, backed by Tillerson. Paul, who do we believe? You will say they are liars, many will say the same about you.

13-Jan-19
Lmao!!! It’s gotta suck to wake up every morning just hoping there’s some kind of collusion. We should save all these threads until 2024

13-Jan-19
Trump is hiding his conversations with Putin-

WHY? What is Trump hiding?

13-Jan-19
The American people as a whole do not need what goes on behind doors. There's not a damn thing we can do about it by ourselves. That's the reason we elect officials to take care of things.

Get on with your life and stop dreaming up ideas to hurt the President.

13-Jan-19
"Hmmm. Selling out our nation or deleting emails about your daughters wedding and some yoga classes."

ROTFLMAO!

Do you really believe that's only what she deleted?

How gullible can you get?

13-Jan-19
I’m as gullible as the GOP investigations that took place. Because that’s all they found.

What’s your evidence that it was more than that? Brietbart? Hannity?

13-Jan-19
Paul,

They were not able to recover everything, so how does any one know?

13-Jan-19
PZ,

She used a private device because "it was more convenient," as she herself admitted.

Yet by ALL security standards, 'convenience' is irrellevant.

If a person violates those standards for whatever reason, he/she ends up in Leavenworth.

I had a Top Secret ("burn before reading") security clearance when I was in SAC, so I know the rules.

It appears you either don't know the rules, or worse, don't care.

Then there's this:

Regardless of the security clearance a person might have, they can ONLY share secure information with that other person IF that other person has, and IF and ONLY IF that person also has, a "Need to know."

Hillary intentionally ignored and violated those laws and therefore should be in JAIL!

She also knew the rules, yet thought they did not apply to her.

She should be doing Life Without Parole as a result.

13-Jan-19
Trump Supporters: Hillary Deletes 33K personal emails: "LOCK HER UP!!" EVEN THOUGH THE FBI SAID NONE WERE CLASSIFIED!

Trump Supporters: Trump takes translator's notes, demands secrecy after meeting Putin: "Yeah, we're okay with that." whats the big deal?

Pretty much sum things up?

But! Lets say her emails were actually bad somehow... the Trump scandal of hiding transcripts is actually happening now. Has he cut secret deals? we don't know.

Has he capitulated? taken on more loans? is he being blackmailed by Putin? WE DON"T KNOW because trump doesn't want us to know.

How are you ok with this?

13-Jan-19
Weak

13-Jan-19
There were classified emails!!

13-Jan-19
REMINDER: Hillary Clinton was investigated by the FBI for 9 months and congress for 2 years, did she also did 11 hours and 12 minutes of testifying before Congress and UNDER OATH because of her emails yet there are no detailed records of at least five personal meetings Donald Trump has had with Vladimir Putin. We don't know how many phone calls.

Do you think trump will ever testify to anything under oath?

13-Jan-19
"EVEN THOUGH THE FBI SAID NONE WERE CLASSIFIED!"

No, you moron, they did NOT say that.

How could they, because she deleted the e-mails she didn't want anyone to see.

My God, you are SO DUMB!

14-Jan-19

Gregg Jarrett's article/book...

Trump really should shut this investigation down. Hopefully his new AG will.

It cannot stop there. Prosecutions must occur to prevent this in the future.

What corruption!

14-Jan-19
Just being reported that nominee Barr will say tomorrow in Senate testimony that it is "vitally important" that Mueller be allowed to finish his investigation. In the WSJ.

14-Jan-19
PutZ there were in fact several classified emails on her server and had passed on several of those to people that did not have the proper clearances. That;s a fact. Those were just the ones they found after wiping out the hard drives of over 30,000 emails AFTER the servers were subpoenaed. i.e. destruction of evidence.

FBI (at the urging of the Obama AG office) DECLINED to prosecute. And have confirmed they had enough evidence to prosecute if they wanted to. She was looking like the next POTUS..... nobody wanted to slam any doors on their careers..... so they let her slide with a "we couldn't find where these classified emails actually were used by the enemy" kind of thing. The first crime was actually having them on her private server. Declined to prosecute. Second crime was destroying evidence. They declined to prosecute. They did NOT find her innocent.

But you know all that. You're a lying little scum.... but you're not THAT stupid..... "just" dishonest....

14-Jan-19
On This Week yesterday, didn't George interview a reporter who claimed their sources were inside the Mueller team? Claimed those wanting a Trump slaying are going to be disappointed. There is no smoking gun.

If this is true, and I believe it is, at least Mueller may end up keeping his reputation he had prior to this appointment.

14-Jan-19
Unreported news: Obama did the same thing with his intrepter's notes when dealing with the Mullah's of Iran in setting up the delivery of the pallets of cash he sent to them. Not only were the notes destroyed, but the Iranian interpreters have mysteriously disappeared and have not been seen nor heard from since the money was delivered.

In return for the cash, Iran also paid for the construction of the security wall around the Obama estate via fourth party donations.

14-Jan-19
Lol. Your guy is being bent over by Putin.

14-Jan-19
2016 Trump: Hillary must be corrupt because the FBI is investigating her

2018 Trump: The FBI is corrupt because they're investigating me!

can't make this up folks.

14-Jan-19
WHY would Trump keep a tight lid on his meeting notes with Putin?? Think back. When Trump took office, the 'deep-state' leaked his meeting notes from the Australian and Mexican President calls. Word for word transcripts, LEAKED !! Ruined his power to negotiate. Undermined his presidency. Trump simply got smart (fast) and locked down the leak potential from his enemies within.

But lets presume for a moment this retarded Putz hysteria was legit. Imagine the FBI believed that Trump really fired Comey under the directive of the Kremlin, that he was under Russian control. So you think they just let Trump go on ahead and be President for two more years without intervening?!?! The whole claim is completely idiotic. Designed to appeal to idiots.

14-Jan-19
14-Jan-19
The fact remains. The President of the United States under active investigation by the FBI for being a Russian asset.

Marinate on that for a little while and then recall how your hero Reagan would react.

Still supporting him huh?

Well that says more about you “so called patriots” doesn’t it.

14-Jan-19
McCarthyism again. Will be seen in the same light, only the FBI running the show this time;-)

14-Jan-19
YFP... Did your daddy spank you too hard?

14-Jan-19
His "daddy" is STILL spanking him too hard......

14-Jan-19
If I remember correctly, Paul was raised in a single parent household, by his mother.

Paul, please correct me if I am mistaken.

14-Jan-19
That’s way below the belt and uncalled for. Attacking a guys family is cowardice in my book.

14-Jan-19
YFP, Did your mamma spank you too hard?

14-Jan-19
Ryan,

I was not attacking his family. I give Paul a lot of latitude for the challenging environment he was raised in. He has spoken of his mother and her willingness to work hard to provide for the family.

Then Paul goes into the military, and graduates from college. Kudos to him!

But, I have always maintained that our views on life are impacted by our experiences, and to me this helps explain some of Paul's positions.

Notice, I call him by his real name.

14-Jan-19

14-Jan-19
I thought you were following up TDS childish comment...which was followed by TTs equally low blow. My mistake.

14-Jan-19
I did not see the vile remark made by TD and do not support that kind of talk. It's unfortunate that a good defense is made ugly by that additional comment.

As for me, my questions are an attempt at trying to understand the motive behind the taunting questions of YFP. In addition to the Constant and exaggerated hatred of the "Parent figure" in the form of President. Looks like : ( ODD ) Oppositional Defiant Disorder

"Marinate on that for a little while and then recall how your hero Reagan would react. " "Well, that says more about you “so-called patriots” doesn’t it. "

Such inflammatory statements are motivated by something. Just curious and in no way is it an attack. A little forward and perhaps invasive but not attacking an unknown family member. It is a probing question as to the motive of the persons disposition.

14-Jan-19
It's OK, just don't let it happen again!

Just kidding:-)

14-Jan-19
Oh I get it. You asked about his mother spanking him because you want to get to know him better. Sure.

It’s a cowardice comment IMO.

My apologies Frank. Sorry for assuming the negative in your comment. I should have know better because your fair dude that doesn’t go low.

14-Jan-19
I apologize if YFP was offended. It was an attempt to be humorous and still project my observation.

Your defense of the otherwise capable person is interesting in itself. And I suspect that "Your Opinion " is just a projection.

14-Jan-19
It’s probably because my mom raised me right; therefore, I have to project myself onto others...I guess. Whatever that means.

14-Jan-19
This case has been resolved out of court. Please continue.

15-Jan-19
I don't give two chits if PutZ was offended, I hope he was.... but seriously doubt it.... being called out on over 35 different aliases..... marine instructor to house boat captain to poser bowhunter posting with googled hunting pics.... hundreds of knowing lies. Being called on that he shows no shame... no contrition.... nothing... he's impossible to offend. It's all twisted around in his mind as doing whatever it takes to support the "cause".

Apparently history and past behavior.... intention.... means nothing to some.... it does to me. Lie like that.... intentionally to my face.... you'll get a face full back. You guys are late to the crime scene...... clueless maybe... but don't be intentionally clueless.

15-Jan-19
Not clueless at all. Good defense... ugly comments. Did I miss something? ( but you managed to get through this one ...perhaps there is hope for you) You appear informed but have given yourself permission to be nasty. Reasoned out by another person's faults. If we all do that then no one is safe. Integrity is not about the other person.

Perhaps such things mean nothing to you. Take it up with God ... it ain't my rules. It's just ones that I agree with as better for mankind.

"I do not support that kind of talk. It's unfortunate that a good defense is made ugly by that additional comment. " Be blessed TD and may God reach you and counsel you. No offense intended.

15-Jan-19
Again, the entire premise is ridiculous. The claim that Trump is under any kind of serious/real investigation by the FBI for being a Russian agent..... but they would spend a couple years looking into it. No Rush. Maybe discuss the findings when he is out of office in 2024?

If this claim were in any way legit or backed by fact in any way, the DOJ and Congress and SCOTUS would all intervene. Not just leak claims.of an investigation starting, with it any real findings or facts, year after year.

What kind of idiot believes an accusation like this, when the pace of the investigation itself demonstrates there is nothing serious behind it?!?!?

15-Jan-19
Sniper....our own little Putzie, of course.

15-Jan-19
If trump was a Russian asset What would a Russian POTUS do if he was in fact working for Putin? Let’s see.

- undermine FBI, DOJ and Law & Order in general

- jack up the deficit

- attack Allies and NATO

- attack free press

- corrupt elections and do nothing about Russian interference.

- break nuclear deal w/ Iran

- break trade deals

- withdraw & give Syria to Russia

- close the government to cause further chaos.

Sound familiar?

15-Jan-19
The crap report Paul Zeidan is getting his information from on this comes from a group that is headed by John Podesta, The Witch From Hell's CAMPAIGN MANAGER.

You remember her, right?

She's the one who went ballistic when Trump said "we'll see" when asked in a debate if he's accept the results of the election. Then PZ followed her lead like the trained puppy he is.

15-Jan-19
Seriously, you are just her to agitate. It has to be fun for you. You cannot believe the stuff you write. Is this some time of psych experiment or something?

Jeff will be along shortly to post several links and memes.

15-Jan-19
The point is.... if the FBI was investigating this since Comey got fired, do you think it would take them over 2 solid years to determine if Trump was a Russian agent? Think, Putz, THINK.

What would be the point of letting a sinister Russian agent control the American presidency for the majority of the 4 year term. Don't ya think they move little quicker to expose and stop the threat, if it was actually a real threat and not just a liberal wet dream??

Quick - better have the FBI look into the Al Capone vault. I hear Geraldo is about to reveal their secrets any day now! Lol

15-Jan-19
“The fact remains. The President of the United States under active investigation by the FBI for being a Russian asset.”

Let’s not forget the investigation began after Comey was fired. While McCabe was acting FBI director. The same McCabe that said they needed the investigation open before a new FBI director was nominated and confirmed. He knew a new director would not open an investigation.

This whole investigation is nothing more then FBI leadership haveing a temper tantrum.

15-Jan-19

Michael's Link
Paul screams foul because President Trump attacks the media.

I am curious how Paul would react if the media coverage of him was 90% negative as the link shows.

15-Jan-19
"Think, Putz, THINK."

That ain't gonna' happen!

He only 'feels' and parrots.

15-Jan-19
The Dems like to say that Russia preferring a Trump win can only mean collaboration. Nonsense! Trump has been saying from day 1 in the campaign that we should stop wasting money on endless wars and find a way to work together with Russia where our mutual interests align - such as defeating ISIS. And oppose them where necessary, such as bombing Syria over the chemical red line. Obama ran away from Putin in Syria handing over half the middle east, while Trump defied Putin with missile attacks (twice) including over 200 Russian dead in a separate ground battle. Don't worry Putz, no Marine photographers were wounded in the fierce ground battle. REMF!

Every country's leader had a preference, and to some degree tried to influence the election. So if Russia preferred Trump, who was rooting for Hillary? Iran, China, Qatar. Plus the globalist euro-socialists like France and Germany who wanted us to pay for their carbon hysteria. And of course open our borders to the world and share the US taxpayer gravy train. Hmmmm, kind of like the Dems keep trying to do now on our Southern border. Who else wanted Hillary to win? How about Bowe Bergdahl and those 5 terrorists Obama illegally traded for him?

Heck - Obama's people were directly campaigning to defeat Netanyahu in the Israeli election! Our strongest ally in the middle east. While Obama/Hillary eliminated any functioning government in both Libya and Yemen, now no longer true nation states. Congratulation, Putz. Your team....

15-Jan-19

15-Jan-19

15-Jan-19
Oooops... phone glitch. Will have to clean that up later. :-)

15-Jan-19
How funny that the Dems are all so upset and concerned about Russia now, when, for the previous 70 years, they LOVED Russia.

15-Jan-19

15-Jan-19
Jeff,

You're giving him too much credit.

15-Jan-19
“The 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because the Cold War’s -been over for 20 years.”

–President Obama, during the third presidential debate, Oct. 22, 2012

15-Jan-19
Russia donated $0 to Donald Trump.

Russia donated $145,600,000 to the Clinton Foundation.

But Trump is the one under investigation... ??

15-Jan-19
Why didn’t the FBI open Counter Intelligence investigations into these Russian assets?

At this point it’s pretty much certain that Andrew McCabe opened a Counter Intelligence investigation into Donald Trump in retribution for firing James Comey. James Baker has admitted that the FBI came to suspect that Trump was a Russian asset. Or so he says.

To believe that you have to believe that Trump meant to shut down the Russian investigation, which he did not do and which did not happen.

I used to believe the FBI was a great, untarnished and respectable law enforcement organization.

No more.

The leadership is either full of crap or is imbecilic. Take your pick. To wit: the FBI was said to be investigating Trump for his call to Russia to find Hillary Clinton’s emails.

“Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” Trump said. “I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”

As some friends of mine would say, “for f**k’s sake.” Can the FBI leadership be that stupid? Really?

If you’re a candidate for President and you really want the Russians to hack Hillary Clinton (which they most likely did given her gross negligence) would you ask the Russians to do it in front of a million reporters and on live TV?

Only Gomer Pyle would buy into that. Or a democrat.

James Comey was partisan. He was overtly political. He let Hillary skate and he deceived the President of the United States (Telling Trump numerous times he was not under investigation). He lied to Congress repeatedly about exonerating Hillary before her interview. He leaked confidential information. He was insubordinate.

And for nine months he couldn’t find a thing on Trump. He richly deserved being fired. His pals at the FBI didn’t like that so they decided to become an autonomous agency outside the control of the DOJ and US government and opened an investigation into the President of the United States.

But here’s the thing. If they could open a CI investigation for this kind of flimsy grounds, what about some real solid basis for doing so when it involved others?

For example, Barack Obama promised Vladimir Putin that he (Obama) would be more flexible for Putin after the 2012 election.

More flexible for Vlad? That sounds pretty serious to me. it sounds as though Obama was acting as a Russian asset! One of the first things he did as President was pull the missile shield from Poland to please Putin.

Did a single democrat find that objectionable? Did the FBI think a CI investigation was called for?

Nope.

In 2010, while his wife was Secretary of State, Bill Clinton went to Vladimir Putin’s home in Russia. The next day Clinton gives a cup of coffee speech and walks away with $500,000. Since they file taxes jointly, that means the money effectively went into her pocket as well.

The next thing you know, $140 million flows into the Clinton Foundation and 20% control of US uranium falls into the hands of Vladimir Putin.

Sounds a lot like the Clinton’s were acting as Russian lobbyists- Russian assets.

Did the FBI think a CI investigation was called for?

Nyet.

Despite the concrete evidence that Obama and the Clinton’s were truly acting on behalf of Putin and Russia, the FBI had no interest. So who was the Director of the FBI at that time?

Robert Mueller.

And there ya go.

15-Jan-19
Tried to tell ya man..... but nobody listens to Turtle.....

15-Jan-19
For all of his worthless life, Paul Zeidan's team has wanted the US to emulate the Russians.

In the 2016 Campaign, The Witch From Hell and her gullible minions, mean useful idiots such as Paul Zeidan, raged over and over and over again about how vitally important was that the loser of the election accept the results.

Until she lost, that is.

Then they did a 180 and for the past two years, ALL they've done is to refuse to accept the results of the election and try to subvert the will of the American people.

15-Jan-19
What about Ted Kennedy and his collusion in trying to get rid of Ronal Reagan.. Details published in a 2006 book by Reagans son.

Dems have a prior history in selling out America

15-Jan-19
A judged ruled today in favor of Judicial Watche's lawsuit trying to get to the bottom of emails regarding the Benghazi tragedy. Here is one quote from the judge;

"Lamberth wrote that Clinton's use of a private email account was "one of the gravest modern offenses to government transparency" and said the response of the State and Justice Departments "smacks of outrageous misconduct."

Paul, are you reading this. You look less and less credible!

15-Jan-19

Here's the entire article. Please start a new thread about Hillary hiding things, just to show you can be fair.

16-Jan-19
16-Jan-19
Watergate by Any Other Name: A Blistering Take on Obama's Minions -- Clapper, Brennan, Comey, Lynch, Yates, McCabe, Etc. -- Breaking the Law to Target a Rival Presidential Candidate With an FBI Criminal Investigation That They Pretended Was Not a Criminal

They pretended it wasn't a criminal investigation because the law forbade them from conducting a criminal investigation, given that they had no actual crime to investigate.

So they falsely -- illegally -- framed it as a "counterintelligence" investigation, but this was always a sham; the entire project was to find a crime that they could then launch a criminal investigation over.

The liberal media is portraying this admission that the FBI broke the law as some kind of vindication that their conspiracy theories must be true, because, hey, why would people break so many laws to investigate someone for a crime unless they were rilly rilly sure they'd find a crime eventually?

The Times breathlessly frames its story as the revelation that Trump might have been "secretly working on behalf of Russia." Right on cue, the anti-Trump fraternity went into full-swivet mode. Probably the most comical contribution to this almanack of rhetorical incontinence was written by Max Boot, who offered "18 Reasons Why Trump Could Be a Russian Asset." Reason number one: that Trump, the head of a multi-billion dollar real-estate development company with interests all over the world, had business dealings with Russia. Excellent, Max!

In fact, though, what the Times story revealed was simply that, pace repeated assurances by James Comey, Trump was the target of the investigation from the beginning. As McCarthy notes, "the only thing the story shows is that the FBI, after over a year of investigation, simply went overt about something that had been true from the first. The investigation commenced during the 2016 campaign by the Obama administration--the Justice Department and the FBI--was always about Donald Trump." Moreover,

The FBI and DOJ knew this would be controversial--the incumbent administration spying on the opposition campaign in the absence of corroborated evidence of a crime.

Let's pause to ponder that last bit: "spying on the opposition campaign in the absence of corroborated evidence of a crime." "Controversial? You think? How about nefarious and probably criminal? Richard Nixon is unavailable for comment.

In a way, you have to admire the cunning of the Obama minions. Faced with exposure of their "controversial" tactic, they went to work. "[T]hey designed the investigation," McCarthy explains,

in a way that allowed them to focus on Trump without saying they were doing so. Before Trump was elected, they papered the files to indicate that they were focusing on the Trump campaign or people connected to it, like Page and Papadopoulos. This way, they could try to collect evidence about Trump without formally documenting that Trump was the target.

In other words, we are staring into the bowels of the biggest political scandal in the history of the United States. Americans pride themselves on living in a republic in which the peaceful transfer of power is a hallmark of our political life. But what we have here is an effort by one administration to thwart that process. Remember: there was no crime. There was always only the Steele Dossier, that rancid pile of slander that was paid for by Trump’s political opponents. That was the stated basis for the FISA warrants: uncorroborated rumor instigated and circulated by the Clinton campaign.

In other words, they broke the law, and they deliberately broke the law, and they concealed the truth of what they were doing (pro-tip: righteous men do not have to scheme to "frame" their actions in a light that appears to be legal; they can simply state what they are doing without pretense) and now the left, and David French obviously, are praising them for having been cunning criminals and coupists.

Update: Oh, here's a surprise. The FBI continues refusing to release coupist James A Baker's Congressional testimony while, get this, leaking helpful-sounding parts of it to their media friends who they know will give it the right spin.

• Sitka Gear