slade 18-Jan-19
slade 18-Jan-19
KSflatlander 18-Jan-19
slade 18-Jan-19
KSflatlander 18-Jan-19
slade 18-Jan-19
Annony Mouse 18-Jan-19
12-Jan-19
Thanks to Trump's shutdown the Food and Drug Administration has suspended all routine inspections of domestic food-processing facilities.

Which means Millions of Americans could also soon lose access to critical services, including food stamps and aid for survivors of domestic abuse.

This tantrum is jeopardizing the health and safety of the American people. All over a nonsensical wall.

This will be his legacy.

12-Jan-19
So approve the damned wall and get on with it.

12-Jan-19

Mike the Carpenter's embedded Photo
Mike the Carpenter's embedded Photo

12-Jan-19
5 billion isn’t worth all this fuss..... we’ve probably spent more to study monarch butterflies.......

Approve it and move on.

12-Jan-19
You sure like giving this a strong dose of liberal twist Imposter... huh?

12-Jan-19
The government is shutdown?

Go for it!

12-Jan-19
I'll go with your premise BB, we give in and hand him the 5 billion. You do know that only covers a portion of the wall and is only this years request?

How long before he shuts it down again for another request? The debt ceiling will have to be raised in March. House Dems probably won't vote for it. Shut it down again?

He wants to force the House Dems to approve the new USMCA (which hasn't been approved and is NOT in affect!) so should he shut it down again?

no, someone has to stand up to a bully. The time is now.

If he wanted a wall so bad, he should've demanded it when he had the house and Senate. Oh wait, he did. And they said NO! did he shut the gov't down then? No.

This is trumps political move and it won't work.

12-Jan-19
Wanna bet ??

12-Jan-19
The DEMS totally own the shutdown.

It's ALL on them.

Trump has said he's open to negotiating, but Chuckie and Nancy have flatly refused to negotiate.

12-Jan-19
Negotiating? If I were Schumer or Pelosi, I'd say Healthcare for all and you get your wall.

Boom. There's negotiating for you

12-Jan-19
Trump said it himself that he owns this shutdown so he should shoulder majority of the blame. If not he shouldn’t have shot his mouth off for the cameras.

Regardless, both sides are acting like grade school children. There is a compromise but I think pride is getting in the way. Personally, we need a wall and the dreamers who are here to no fault of thier own deserve a shot at the American dream. America is all they know.

12-Jan-19
"You have to spend money to make money" I heard this from a simple deaf man growing up. "Gramps."

In our case, you have to spend money to save money... It's Falling on deaf ears.

Build a wall and stop the free ride. It's a Good investment. Simple economics that even a deaf man understands.

Schumer and Pelosi are dead weight, soon to be yesterdays ... flush.

12-Jan-19
Donald Trump, December 11, 2018:

“I am proud to shut down the government for border security... I will take the mantle... I will be the one to shut it down.”

That jackass has now caused the longest shutdown in our history. And the country suffers for it.

12-Jan-19
I don’t think not moving from his 5 billion number is coming to the table. Trump painted himself in the corner with this one with his base. Many on here would burn him at the stake if he made any deal. He still owns the shutdown but I agree that those other 2 idiots own so of it too.

12-Jan-19
The dems are in a tight spot. Most folks want a wall and the messaging is too easy from the pro-wall contingency. Their only saving grace thus far is the corrupted media.

12-Jan-19
McConnell could end it today by simply allowing the Senate to vote to fund the government, but he refuses to do so. Start by letting hard working federal workers get their damn paychecks. They didn't ask for this. He bears just as much blame as Donald Trump for 800,000 federal workers not being paid.

12-Jan-19

KSflatlander's Link
Where are you getting your info that most Americans want the wall? All the polls I’ve seen say the opposite. See link.

12-Jan-19

KSflatlander's Link
Here is the Gallup poll.

12-Jan-19

12-Jan-19
KS - That is fair to those that were born and raised here. However, because their parents cheated, they ( the parents) don't get a free pass and until their ( the particular descendants country of origin ) numbers are at the intended level ( whatever we intended to take in as immigrants from that country)... We could/should suspend further immigration/citizenship from the offending country.

Basically, To be fair to other more distant countries, that don't have the fortune of close proximity and to no fault of their own. To do otherwise is to be playing favorites at the expense of others. Wouldnt that be discrimination if we didn't?

12-Jan-19

KSflatlander's Link
This is the latest I could find but I still wouldn’t say the majority of Americans want the wall.

12-Jan-19
The Democrats own this shut down...and show it by taking off to Puerto Rico and putting entertainment over the poor government workers they avow to support by attending a play:

Dozens of Democrats Flock to Puerto Rico for ‘Hamilton’ Broadway Show Amid Shutdown

Being lobbied for MORE MONEY for Puerto Rico has a higher priority than ending their shut down of the government. More important that all of Putzei's protestations.

12-Jan-19
DACA is not just for those of Mexican heritage but I get your point. However, I am still in favor of making DACA recipients citizens. But only after border security is funded.

12-Jan-19
Hey, Jackass!

Healthcare is NOT a right, if for no other reason than it requires one person to deliver services to another person.

As the Great American, Walter Williams, has said so often:

"'That which requires an action by one person on behalf of another, cannot be a right."

Why?

Because to do so makes the second person a slave of the first person.

So go 'eff yourself, you a-hole!

12-Jan-19

12-Jan-19
If Trump is asking for 5.8B for the wall and the Yearly budget for the US is something like 4.3T, wouldn't that be like asking for 58 dollars from someone who makes 43,000? 1 Trillion is 1000 times more than 1Billion. Not too sure on the math, but I know that 1B is 1% of a trillion. As to the wall, that 5.8B is paltry. The democrats hate Trump and will stop at nothing to not let him succeed. With the way the country is divided right now, neither side is going to give in any time soon.

12-Jan-19
.1%

12-Jan-19
Nancy...tear down YOUR wall!!

Flashback: Democrats Built Tall Fence To Keep Protesters Out Of Their 2016 Convention

Walls for me but not for thee.

Via Daily Caller:

The Democratic National Committee embraced the idea of border protection in 2016 — as long as that border was around the building housing its national convention.

Protesters against the Democratic Party’s nomination of Hillary Clinton were met with tall fencing around the perimeter of the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia during July 2016.

Many of the protesters who gathered outside of the barrier were supporters of Independent Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders.

Some Democrats, like Brady Brassfield, told WJLA they felt “cheated” after seeing the extensive security constructed by the DNC.

“They don’t want to hear what we want to say or see what we have out here, really,” Brassfield said.

Keep reading… (see link)

12-Jan-19
Good! They better be glad that I'm not at the wheel. They spend too much money in the first place.

I'm tired of workin my tail off so they can extort money from me and others that actually work, and give it to dead beats.

Some how we existed for 150 yrs as nation without all the governent tax n spend machines.

12-Jan-19
Just think about all the money the unions are losing because of the shutdown, money they now can't give to the democrats.

13-Jan-19
I haven't seen any effects of the shutdown. A lot more of it needs to be shut down...permanently! Let the "poor" bastards learn to live on crumbs like the rest of us!

13-Jan-19
I’m still alive

13-Jan-19
And thus we see the folly of large government and its draining social programs...

13-Jan-19
Shut down because they won't negotiate with Trump but they (Dems) negotiated with Iran and gave them Pallets of money for nothing in return. Oh the irony.

13-Jan-19

13-Jan-19
Trump Has the Democrats Cornered

By Jim Daws

No sooner had the Democrats taken back the majority in the House of Representatives than they proved their harshest critics correct – the party no longer concerns itself with the interests of the American people. And by refusing to provide a dime for a physical barrier on our border, they did it in the starkest terms possible.

Led by far-left Nancy Pelosi, who held off a challenge to her leadership from the even farther left, the House Democrats promptly put themselves in the position of being seen taking the side of foreigners entering the country illegally over the security and economic prosperity of American citizens. They reduced themselves to the absurd position that "walls don't work."

continued at link

13-Jan-19
13-Jan-19
I’m going to bed now, hopefully I’ll be able to wake up tomorrow

13-Jan-19
Politicians trying to make people suffer to get what they want wait till we all depend on the government for handouts then it's really going to get bad.

14-Jan-19

14-Jan-19

Michael's Link
Interesting take on the shutdown from a senior Trump administration official.

14-Jan-19
Trump should announce the shutdown is permanent.

14-Jan-19
Who the 'eff' cares if the govt. is shut down?

Certainly not Nancy and Chuckie, who refuse to even respond to Trump's asking them to negotiate.

14-Jan-19
#buttnationalparks!

14-Jan-19
If it's only "non-essential" people who aren't getting paid, that simply begs the question of,

"Why, if they are NON-ESSENTIAL are they employed at all?"

14-Jan-19

14-Jan-19

14-Jan-19
Trumps poll ratings are plummeting. He’s being blamed for this 64% to his base of 36%.

He’s backed into a corner and he has no way out except to bend and eventually break.

14-Jan-19
So says who? The liberal media? ??????

14-Jan-19
I believe it was Trump who took actions to lift sanctions against Russia not Pelosi or Schumer. What does that say about the security of the country?

14-Jan-19
Here comes so more memes. Thanks Ryan!

14-Jan-19
My bad JTV. Thanks for not posting a meme...lol.

14-Jan-19
Don't buy the Dems promises like Regan did, or as other wise stated don't fall for the banana in the tail pipe. They will backpedal they always do.

15-Jan-19
Tony nailed it. See: Reagan border security backstab...... no more. Leftists.... dems in general are not to be trusted. See: PutZ et. al.

Have to say..... night and day between Trump and the public WRT the shutdown.... and Obama who actually hired security to keep the citizens and public locked out of public places, shut down all offices and did all he could to cause hardship. Shows what each REALLY feel about the hard working tax paying class. Those that didn't build that.... deplorables.... clinging to guns and religion.....

And very interesting how much less government we actually need to function. Hopefully brings up many side issues when all is finally said and done..... which I'm sure is making some uncomfortable.....

15-Jan-19
Interesting article today at The American Thinker.

It says that the government work rules call for a RIF (Reduction in Force) once federal employees have been furloughed for 30 days.

Today is Day 25.

RIF's, of course, mean you lose your job.

Permanently.

Has this been Trump's game all along with the shutdown?

If so, it certainly would downsize the government!

15-Jan-19
Tony - that's one of the best lines in American movie history. Ha ha ha: "Banana in the tail pipe" Hilarious! I can see "Axel" doing it now. ha ha ha!

My suspicion, is that while the President may like smaller government, being the "jobs" guy who fired about 800,000~ employees, thus increasing foreclosures, hurting regional businesses or causing them to close due to lost revenue from those no longer employed fed employees visiting etc probably was not on his list of "Make America Great Again" ideas.

This is just a poop show by a bunch of politicians (from the President down) who dont have a lot in common with anyone other than other politicians.

15-Jan-19

Grey Ghost's Link
The shutdown has already cost the economy far more than the $5B Trump is asking for. In 2017, S&P estimated a shutdown cost the US economy $6.5B a week.

Matt

15-Jan-19
Kyle,

Day 29 he puts them back to work by declaring an emergency:-)

15-Jan-19
The difference between these government workers and every single worker that lost their job during Obama's reign of terror is these workers HAVE A JOB TO GO BACK TO! So far they've missed maybe a check or two. I'm pretty sure they're eligible to file for unemployment just as season layoff workers are. If they can't make it one month without the wolf knocking at their door that reflects poorly on them, perhaps they should put more emphasis into saving for emergencies rather than putting themselves in a position of living check to check...but that ain't the government mindset is it? That's just the rest of us underlings are expected to do. If the Democrats gave two hoots about these unemployed workers as they pretend to they'd be back to work by now. We can't forsake our principals and endanger the safety of America because a few might be temporarily hurting. Time will heal their wounds, but if we continue this unbridled illegal immigration everyone will pay a bigger price!

15-Jan-19
There are non-excepted or non-essential employees. These people get furloughed and are able to apply for unemployment benefits and/or get part time or full time work should they choose to do so. When the Gov opens for business, they will get retroactively paid; that said, at that time they are required to pay back the unemployment money at some point.

Then you have the essential employees. These are some in positions the Gov determines are priceless and they get paid as per usual.

Last but not least are the "excepted" employees. These are the ones that are required to show up for work, but do not get paid until the Gov re-opens. They do not get unemployment. They cannot get another job unless it is on their regular days off. They cannot take earned leave. They can only take sick leave when they fill out paperwork to be placed on mandatory furlough. They can't even quit correctly or retire because the people that process such paperwork are considered "non-excepted" and are not at work.

There you have it.

15-Jan-19
"President Trump should get as much as he can in a deal with the Democrats to end the stalemate and as soon as that deal is signed and sealed declare a national security emergency and build a double wall."

YES!

15-Jan-19
Kyle's link? Worth reading.

Trump's shutdown trap?

Has President Trump suckered Democrats and the Deep State into a trap that will enable a radical downsizing of the federal bureaucracy? In only five more days of the already "longest government shutdown in history" (25 days and counting, as of today), a heretofore obscure threshold will be reached, enabling permanent layoffs of bureaucrats furloughed 30 days or more.

Don't believe me that federal bureaucrats can be laid off? Well, in bureaucratese, a layoff is called a RIF – a Reduction in Force – and of course, it comes with a slew of civil service protections. But, if the guidelines are followed, bureaucrats can be laid off – as in no more job. It is all explained by Michael Roberts here (updated after the beginning of the partial shutdown):

continued

15-Jan-19
Sorry, Democrats: Voters Want Strong Borders and Don’t Think a Wall is ‘Immoral’

When politics runs afoul of public opinion

According to recent polling conducted by Rasmussen, Democrats are on the wrong side of Trump’s big, beautiful wall argument.

“53% of Likely U.S. Voters think it is better for the United States to tightly control who comes into the country,” says Rasmussen.

Most voters continue to favor strongly controlled borders and reject House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s charge that it is immoral for the United States to build a border wall.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 53% of Likely U.S. Voters think it is better for the United States to tightly control who comes into the country. Thirty-nine percent (39%) disagree and say it is better to open our borders to anyone who wants to come here as long as they are not a terrorist or a criminal.

The survey was conducted over the weekend, gauging reaction to the current demagoguery

Just because likely voters disagree with Democrats on the wall doesn’t mean Republican lawmakers are in the clear.

Yet another Rasmussen poll released Monday found that a whopping 53% of likely Republican voters think Republicans in Congress have lost touch with GOP voters.

15-Jan-19
With the Dems refusing to go to the White House today for talks we are a day closer.

How nice it will be to trim off some government fat and save some taxpayer money.

15-Jan-19
Day 29, there is going to be another Address from the Oval Office stating the shutdown has been ended to save all the Jobs that a Democrat pushed “RIF” was going to create. He will get the wall funding, many thousands of Federal Jobs saved and come out WINNING like no other president in history has.

15-Jan-19

15-Jan-19
While our citizens are not working, the illegals are still collecting their pay. We have way too many people on the government dole and it's time these people be put in the private sector. Frankly, they should not be getting back pay while they are not working even if it is not their fault. Now, they want to give teachers a salary of $100k per year even when they don't work for three months of the year. Their pay should be based on merit and the job that they are performing. I have attended my grandson's classes only to see the teacher up front reading from a text book while students are walking around the room or visiting with their buddies. It's no wonder they are not learning anything. Parents need to get involved and attend their kids classes and kick some butts when they get home.

15-Jan-19

Annony Mouse's Link
Shades of josh (!!!): polls

15-Jan-19

Annony Mouse's Link
Pelosi won't talk to anyone...ignores Angel Moms. Won't negotiate with Trump.

Democrats own the shutdown...and it will bite them in the ass.

More illegal immigrant crime...luckily, this time, the victims were not killed. More blood on Democrats' hands. (link)

16-Jan-19
"Democrats own the shutdown...and it will bite them in the ass."

I think it will bite her in the ass even more. This will be her last term in office, thank Heaven!

16-Jan-19
Heard the US Coast Guard isn't getting paid either. I figured they would be classified "essential." Instead, they are "excepted" like FAA controllers, technicians, aircraft inspectors. No pay days but keep on keepin' on. Should make some of you fed employee haters run for the kleenex box and cigarettes...lol.

16-Jan-19
Jim,

Yep, the Coast Guard isn't getting paid, but they are still expected to work. Even worse, the average salary of USCG members is below poverty level ($20K/year, IIRC). So, most of them can't go very long without a paycheck before they need to look for different work. I've read the USCG is already understaffed, so this shutdown is only making matters worse.

Matt

16-Jan-19
The shutdown should remain in effect as long as the POTUS intestinal fortitude will allow, based upon his personal convictions. Time will tell how strong and depth of that belief.

To waver at this junction would be the death knell. The POTUS should incrementally increase his demands monetarily for the wall as the shutdown wears on and force political infighting on both sides of the aisle exposing their seats as collateral damage. This POTUS can leave the status quo shattered and scrambling for its last breath as he leaves office on air force one for the last time headed to Mira Lago. All the kings horses and all the kings men..........

The Rock

16-Jan-19
"So, most of them can't go very long without a paycheck before they need to look for different work."

Can the coast guard leave to find another job or do they have the equivalent of AWOL? Last I heard, there were 42,000 in this boat (bad pun intended).

16-Jan-19
Phil, CG personnel are considered "excepted" employees. They are to be at work, but not paid. If they were non-excepted, they would be placed on furlough, then they could go look for other work or get unemployment. I would bet that since they are not funded, their boats and planes are docked and grounded as well unless for emergencies. They are not routinely patrolling the coasts and rivers.

16-Jan-19
I think the question is "What is to keep them from just walking away or not showing up?" If most just love their job, then I say good for them, but otherwise...?

16-Jan-19
That little thing we are taught...Duty, Honor & Country...is your answer. They will get their back pay and all will be good. The ones who “leave” will be felt with through the UCMJ, and that ain’t worth the risk. Suck it up and move on.

16-Jan-19
Here's the problem with that poll, it doesn't mention "wall", yet is being used to support the wall. Saying "secure borders" is not the same as saying "build a wall". However no body will do a poll saying "do you support building a wall on the southern border?" Both sides are afraid of the answer.

16-Jan-19
I for one is tired of hearing about the poor government employees not being paid and their hard times they are having without a pay check.

I believe the yearly budget plan was placed into effect about 1976. If no new budget there is a temporary government shut down. Since 1976 there has been about 22 shutdowns and only 10 of these shut downs resulted in employees with no pay.

In my mind if you work for the US government and know there was temporary shutdowns in the past and also will be in the future with no pay plan for it. Budget for it and have the necessary funds in saving to get you throw the 2-3 weeks of shut down. If you don't put the funds away then tough.

I for one don't want to hear about your rough times as the rough time with no pay was made by yourself and no one else.

16-Jan-19
"The ones who “leave” will be felt with through the UCMJ, and that ain’t worth the risk."

I believe that answers the question that was asked. I'm not suggesting anyone leave, rather I was expounding on a question that was asked previously about AWOL. I myself did not know (sadly) how military rules applied to CG.

16-Jan-19
Govt employees get the occasional delayed paycheck due to ugly Washington politics. Waaaah.

They also get guaranteed back pay when the govt reopens. Meaning those non-essential furloughed at home get this period as bonus paid vacation. So sad. Most also get to retire with a pension after 20yrs. Paid for by the taxpayers. While the taxpayers have to work for at least 40 years to cover those costs.

16-Jan-19
Pelosi disinvites trump to State is the Union. Good for her. He’d only babble on about how great he is.

Trumps kind of screwed here

If he reopens the govt he visibly surrenders. If he keeps it closed, his poll numbers sink further damaging other GOP members as govt services like TSA fails and airline delays mount and the economy begins to stutter.

Trump built his own trap, walked Into it and Pelosi just locked it behind him.

16-Jan-19
Does any gov't employee care when the average Joe tax payer gets downsized/loses their job?

Didn't think so, who cares they are facing what everyone else does...

16-Jan-19
Way to express that empathy for families, Nate. You kick puppies and push old ladies out of your way too?

Awesome man.

16-Jan-19
All government employees should be forced to work during the shutdown, If you don't work they should not get back pay. If the employees don't like it have them go out into the real world and work.

The employees who are complaining about missing a pay check are just losers. They know it's going to happen in the future so plan for it will savings.

16-Jan-19
Really Frank, so if you’re employers don’t agree on something and on a whim decided to stop paying you will you work for free?

This is why we need more unions.

16-Jan-19
Oh no.... Pelosi disinvites Trump from delivering State of the Union in Congress. A shockingly new low political stunt. Gee shucks, Trump will just have to say nothing at all. Lol

Or, I suppose he can just deliver his State of the Union address at a more friendly location. Like the Senate. Or a mega football stadium filled with a hundred thousand fans. Where he can mock Pelosi and her political stunts, and show that THIS is why the Dems have caused the government shutdown in the first place. He will be able to counter this with he most thrilling state of the Union ever!! Please, oh please, make Pelosi try this stunt. Wow!

16-Jan-19
I’m not sure a football game would be filled with Trump fans...lol. I’m guessing his speech would be drowned out to boos.

16-Jan-19
“This is why we need more unions“

We are laughing!!!!!!!!

16-Jan-19
Paul,

If that happens, you leave and find a new job. It's called capitalism, and in case you haven't recognized it yet, it works better at wealth creation than anything else.

16-Jan-19
Feds have unions PutZ. TSA is union and they are mandated to work, currently without pay, "excepted" status. Breathlessly waiting for your next stupid clueless statement.....

good grief.....

I hope Pelosi tries that. The optics of that when Trump gives his own SOTU will be awesome......

16-Jan-19
“This is why we need more unions“

Yeah, ...even more corruption in the workplace from unions is what we need. No thanks...the dems have already got that covered.

16-Jan-19

MT in MO's Link
She already told Trump to reschedule the SOTU. There is nothing in the rules or laws that says he has to give a SOTU. It is tradition, but there is precedent for not giving one...Of course staging his own under his own terms would be interesting to see...You know the demos would have to respond...The link is an article in the Washington Post that speaks to the SOTU and how it has changed over the years...

16-Jan-19
Hey! PutZ!

Pelosi can't "disinvite Trump" to the SOTU speech

The Constitution requires the POTUS to give Congress SOTU addresses.

YES, The Constitution.

Pehaps you've heard of it.

In your case, OTOH, maybe not.

"Article 2 - The Executive Branch

Section 3 - State of the Union, Convening Congress

He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient."

She LOST, PutZ!

Get over it and accept the results of the election as she demanded in the debates.

16-Jan-19
YFR that's the dumbest response yet. This is not just any employer. If you haven't noticed yet it's the US government and it's a give me 100% back pay will be given when they go back to work. So they are just getting a paid vacation. But they will complain they don't get to schedule it to their liking.

If they don't have funds in saving to cover their delayed pay check that's their problem that they made themselves and no one else's doing.

16-Jan-19
The SOTU address has become nothing but another political stumping platform, nothing like the founding fathers intended, IMO. One side of he isle stands and claps, while the other sits on their hands and pouts. It's really a joke to me..

Matt

16-Jan-19
Well, GOLEE! SHAZAM!

It turns out Paul Zeidan has lied again.

"Multiple reports indicate that the U.S. Secret Service and the Department of Homeland Security both reject Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi’s stated reason for asking the President of the United States to postpone the State of the Union address. On Wednesday, Pelosi wrote to the president to rescind her Jan. 3 invitation for him to address Congress on January 29, in keeping with tradition.

'Pelosi blamed a lack of available security due to the ongoing partial government shutdown: “This requires hundreds of people working on the logistics and security of it. Most of those people are either furloughed or victims of the shutdown. The president’s shutdown. But that isn’t the point. The point is security. … [It’s] a security decision which is completely out of my hands.' ”

16-Jan-19
If you read the article at the link I posted you would know the current format was initiated by Woodrow Wilson. The first communist, errr I mean progressive president of the USA...8^)

And no, the SOTU is not required to be made at any specific time according to the Constitution. The Constitution only says the POTUS is to inform congress about the state of the union every so often and to make recommendations as he/she feels the congress should act on.

Also, the president cannot demand to be heard in the House or the Senate. Just like the House and the Senate cannot demand to be given a face to face with the President in the White House. They are co-equal branches of government.

16-Jan-19
President Jimmy Carter signed a law that federal unions could not strike. When PATCO, the air traffic controllers union at the time tried to strike in the early 80's, President Reagan ordered them back to work under the auspices of said law. When they did comply, they were fired.

To wit, federal unions are by-and-large toothless in that they cannot strike. They can do like two sick days in a row with out a doctors approval though. Maybe controllers and TSA screeners should sick-out in rotating shifts. Might bring the Pelosi Posse to the table as unions are inherently democrats anyway.

16-Jan-19
Pelosi lying about the secret service is an embarrassment

16-Jan-19
Um it’s her House. Legally, Congress has no obligation to host Trump for a State of the Union address.

According to House procedural rules, even if Trump were to barge in, Pelosi and the House sergeant-at-arms could literally remove him from the floor.

Unfortunately that kind of awesomeness will never happen

16-Jan-19
Paul - gov't employees will get backpay - duh! Too bad they are not prepared and have 3 months salary in savings like the rest of us do when things turn to shit for us. Welcome to our reality.

I only kick puppies by accident when the get under foot and push old ladies out of the way when they get in line before me at the buffet line...

16-Jan-19
Socialism in our society is a cancer that rots the moral core and work ethic of a demographic. Education and the work it leads to provides individual worth and value. However the shutdown ends, You are witnessing the stupidity of the far left and;thus, the decline and fall of the American Empire. The Romans referred to it as 'Bread and Circuses'........SOCIALISM!

16-Jan-19
YFP,

Why do you choose to totally ignore the fact that the reason you gave for Pelosi's "uninvite" was 100% False?

16-Jan-19
What's your best guess on how this will all end? Any ideas?

16-Jan-19
Aww. Triggered Jeffrey? Yes I’d love to see trump taken down a notch or two.

And if he committed crimes or is somehow associated w Russia (and the circumstantial evidence is piling up) then he should be in cuffs and dragged out of the WH. Preferably on live television.

Need a safe space now?

16-Jan-19

16-Jan-19
Jim Moore, you are wrong about the Air Traffic Controllers. I have a friend that is a Air Traffic Controller and Ron fired the ones that wouldn't return to work I asked my friend if he returned to work. He said, yes, I did return to work and I still have my job. Also, he said that his mother didn't raise any fools. I wrote a letter to President Trump stating that I support his actions and that he should not give in to the Democrats. I stated that Obama had increased the size of our government and it is time to reduce it's numbers and make them work for private companies.

16-Jan-19
Don't worry, Paul Zeidan,

You are neither!

16-Jan-19
The real irony is that Pelosi recommends postponement of the SOTU to Congress because (drum roll) of SECURITY ISSUES!!!! According to her, Congress is in more danger from a Presidential address than the average American citizen by illegal criminals (Grade school explanation for Putzie: ALL ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS ARE CRIMINALS BECAUSE THEY CROSSED THE BORDER ILLEGALLY).

Trump should give his SOTU to the American people in the manner that he has shown by scheduling it in a public venue. Done in Pelosi's House, the proREgressive members of the Democrat Social/Communist would be prevented from staged protests as they have done in the past.

Nancy--tear down YOUR wall!

17-Jan-19
Bighorn, you are right of course. Didn't mean to imply all controllers were fired, but I can see how it could've been interpreted as such. Air traffic got slowed down quite a bit though. Mobilizing DoD assets, controllers like your friend, and the ramping up of training new controllers kept planes landing and taking off. Sketchy for awhile though. That was nearly 40 years ago. I think these days if the controllers decide to sick it out, they would be more learned on what they could get away with.

TSA screeners don't make shit for wages for the most part. I saw an article on one of the Fed forums that said job search sites have seen and uptick of like 17% in inquiries, most of those from TSA employees looking to jump ship.

17-Jan-19
"President Trump has signed legislation into law that guarantees back pay to federal employees."

Paid vacation, will they have to refund their unemployment?

17-Jan-19
If you don't think Trump isn't playing pelosi like a violin, you're fooling yourself...

17-Jan-19
My wife and I worked for a Sub-contractor when we were shutdown due to a budget strike like the one that is now ongoing. We were given a choice, use vacation time to get our paychecks or not get paid. That should be the same situation in this case.

17-Jan-19
My wife and I worked for a Sub-contractor when we were shutdown due to a budget strike like the one that is now ongoing. We were given a choice, use vacation time to get our paychecks or not get paid. That should be the same situation in this case.

17-Jan-19
Since the partial government shutdown President Trump has gained 19 points with LATINO VOTERS!

The NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist poll released in early December had President Trump’s approval rating with Latino adults at 31%

The latest poll shows a 19 point swing with Latino voters. President Trump now has a 50% approval rating with Latino voters.

17-Jan-19
Let me guess...it’s a fix I mean fox news poll or some other right wing poll. Maybe it’s an online poll bought and paid for...lol.

17-Jan-19
A couple coworkers were traveling this week and both of them said the TSA security was working on tips from passengers (and they were extra unpleasant). Sort of sad and funny that the TSA agents are pawns in this "shut down". I think it's pretty pathetic to force people to work because they're essential, but not pay them because they're non-essential.....I guess it is the government we're talking about so that makes sense.

17-Jan-19

18-Jan-19
Nothing to guess, an ignorant bowlib spouts off with his alligator mouth ahead of his chicky arse.

18-Jan-19
Post your poll then.

18-Jan-19
Keep spouting capon.......

18-Jan-19
Pro-Trump Meme Maker Has Been Demonitized By YouTube For Triggering Snowflakes and making spineless bowlibs snivel........

18-Jan-19
Thanks for the post KPC. I stand corrected.

18-Jan-19
Why aren't you thanking JTV, he posted the link first, you know before you spouted off....

18-Jan-19
Thanks JTV

18-Jan-19
Your welcome JTV.....:)

18-Jan-19

Annony Mouse's Link
The Democrats should admit and just run with it:

New York Times Editorial: Democrats Should Admit They're In Favor of Open Borders and Just Go YOLO With It

No one's in favor of Open Borders, except for 85% of the political and media class (including the allegedly conservative media class being kept fat and happy by their corporate angels).

At least, no one admits being in favor of open borders to the rubes.

But this editorial suggests its time to drop the masks.

continued at link

• Sitka Gear