kentuckbowhnter 15-Jan-19
WV Mountaineer 15-Jan-19
Annony Mouse 15-Jan-19
Will 15-Jan-19
BIGHORN 15-Jan-19
14-Jan-19

Habitat for Wildlife's Link
The latest...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-doubles-down-on-border-wall-as-polls-show-voters-turning-against-his-shutdown-strategy

14-Jan-19
It means this poll finds support in decline. That probably means more than the extremely one sided view you present Jeff.

14-Jan-19
Jeff,

You don't trust polls, then you post the link to an article showing support within a specific group. Unbelievable!

How many times have you said most support the wall, then when presented evidence contrary to your view you completely discount it.

You would be the first to post the poll if it showed support. You are as bad as Paul, just the opposite direction.

I thought we needed to work his name in for your comfort level. Every post has to reference him for legitimacy, right?

14-Jan-19
I’m your friend JTV...you know me. Did you forgot about me?

14-Jan-19
With round-the-clock negative reporting, it is a wonder that trump polls above 10% on anything.

15-Jan-19
Looked to me like giving an example that disagreed with the poll that just got slapped up on the table..... therefor supporting his statement..... polls are not the end all by any means.... can be highly inaccurate, they are easily manipulated..... and as Trumps election DEFINITIVELY proved.... are many times not worth the bandwidth to download em.... (or paper to print them, whatever....)

Just offhand..... I'd put his detractors playing "gotcha" in the same bias league.....

WRT Trumps "approval rating"..... I really don't think he gives a flier about what, um.... some folks think. And actually enjoys telling them that to their face.....

Just keep winnin' baby.... just keep winnin'....... it's alot better than every other team in the league has been doing..... Makes America Greater with each and every one so far..... heheheheh.... much more entertaining to guess who it is with their skirts up over their heads too.....

15-Jan-19
I don’t doubt the results that much. As Henry said, it’s been an all out push by media and the democrats to influence people. All with no intent to be truthful or correct. Just to play politics.

The one thing most people lack is the ability to stick by their convictions for any length of time. Their word means nothing. Their minds and opinions are swayed with emotion. Incapable of seeing through the fog which has become our political scene.

I’ll keave it at this. If any American citizen is incapable or unwilling to look through these political schnanagens to see the truth, they deserve what’s being fed to them. Only problem is the good folk end up eating it too.

15-Jan-19

Habitat for Wildlife's Link
Henry,

Even with the biased press, Trump polls higher at midterms than Obama did. This is with the press falling all over Obama.

62% not agreeing with a shutdown to force the wall, even with a huge margin of error it is safe to say the majority do not support this tactic.

Justin,

I think most people are decent, even those with different political leanings than I have.

Some here have a distorted view IMHO, fed by constant support of all things Trump. Some predicted big gains with the elections, and are now predicting a slam dunk second term.

Get away from the CF and you will find many people think differently than what is popular here. We better be ready for a tough battle.

15-Jan-19
Frank, I don’t disagree with anything you said. I live in WV. For all those that’s missed it, Obama’s policies was killing this place. Trumps has helped. While I’m no collegiate professor, I spend a good bit of time around a lot of people. It’s jyst those people see Trump and his efforts for what they are and were promised.

So, I know it’s going to be a tough bid in 2020. I also know Trump will win every where he did unless he really fouls up. The only question remains is how good of a centerist candidate will the dems field. That’s what it’s going to take. A career, lying, piece of crap politician will give Trump a run and might just win if he campaigns center like Obama did.

15-Jan-19
You take an oath to protect the U. S. and stand firm in protecting Her Sovernity. The Left twists it around as if its bad thing. Protect the illegal and take away from the lawful. I Pray the Trump holds his ground and God shows up to convince congress to make a decision for the People of this Nation Under God

15-Jan-19
Justin,

My mom was born and raised in WV, it is almost heaven!

I know it is too early, and polls are not trust worthy but I have been reading where it appears Trump may be losing some support in key battle ground states he won last election.

I agree with the wall, and support a shutdown, but then I am still getting paid. As you know, it's not what his current supporters think, but the undecided.

BTW, my title may say 'professor' but I seldom use it. Back in my day professors were tenured at a University and had earned a PhD, and published. I still go by instructor, the title we had until our faculty association demanded more respect. I have only a Master's and teach at a community college. I have not earned any other title, but am proud of my college.

15-Jan-19
I hate politics. It’s become a game to the entitled. They use hardship and success to their advantage. Common citizens are pawns on their chess board. It’s a lot of things. None good. And what’s more confusing to me is people allow it. It’s become the accepted norm.

With that said, I have absolutely zero use for Mist politicians. Zero. Especially those that fight daily to further jeopardize America’s policies, safety, and its citizens. That hat fits both parties.

The Democrats are so good at politics. They have unlimited resources. Every week, you could turn in the news talk shows on any channel and see the talking points for the week. Predetermined and fed to the reporters. How does that happen like clock work if it isn’t a huge conspiracy to remove Trump from his position? It doesn’t.

Yet, we get the Rino’s standing by for 2 years fighting harder against Trumpbthen anyone. With half if his appointees not even receiving a vote in The Senate yet, the obvious attempt of removing him from office using every means possible just gets swept by and lost in the mayhem. One man against all this. You gotta ask why at some point. Even if you are a leftist fruit loop. Because his policy benefits all Americans. Not just his supporters.

15-Jan-19
New caravan on the way. Wait a month and take the poll again - it will move in his direction.

15-Jan-19
Who conducted the poll for Fox, Shepard Smith?

The second caravan just kicked off , its twice the size of the first one. There'll be enough news coverage to swing the poll back to favor Trump.

Something you have to realize, there's 4 million union federal employees and union govt contractors not working because of the shut down. That's a huge cut in political funding for the Democrats.

15-Jan-19

Woods Walker's embedded Photo
Woods Walker's embedded Photo
Polls...uh huh. You mean like all the ones that predicted this right up until 8pm on election day?

15-Jan-19
Polls were fairly accurate on the popular vote, and Iowa Electronics changed just prior in favor of Trump.

15-Jan-19
"Fairly"???????? Fairly WRONG!!!!

I trust polls now about as much as I trust a Sybil promise.

15-Jan-19
There is t a single poll that points to 1) America wants a wall or 2) that America blames the Dems for the shutdown

The GOP and trump are paying a price for the shutdown. When McConnell realizes it and feels the heat, he’s going to act.

The clock is ticking.

End game? Trump gets nothing.

15-Jan-19
H4W: "Get away from the CF and you will find many people think differently than what is popular here. We better be ready for a tough battle."

^^^^ True Story

Unrelated: WV - Frank mentioned it, and it hit me... SOOO true. That state of yours if GORGEOUS! A buddy of mine, right out of college, owned a camp for kids down there, Greenbriar Adventure Camp or something like that, in the region of the same name. Wholly smokes was it gorgeous - with a million fun outdoor things to do.

15-Jan-19
The most important poll about the wall was held in November 2016 and people were for it being built.

15-Jan-19
Remember folks, from an electoral college perspective, take California out of the poll and its 15 points more Republican. The wall is very popular.

15-Jan-19
Will, It’s family and outdoor recreation that has kept me here. But, my time remaining is limited. I’m leaving this apathetic state. Much sooner then later if my plans have anything to do with it. I have grown to really dislike it to that extent, outside of thisevtwo things keeping me here.

Yes, it is a beautiful state. It’s problem is it’s aging population and a lack of work force. With the policies this state has enacted, there is little reason why too.

Driving through the mountains and seeing the trash people throw out, trying to run a business here that depends on contract labor, and dealing with a young population growing up in the opioid capital of the world, has literally ruined it for me. I’m just done and, the sooner I leave the better.

15-Jan-19
"The most important poll about the wall was held in November 2016 and people were for it being built."

That poll is yesterday's news and hardly counts in the world of politics. What are you doing for me today?

15-Jan-19

Annony Mouse's Link
PHOTOS: From Vatican Walls to Obama’s Fence, 20 Barriers Around the World

see link

15-Jan-19
Jeff,

Get checked for early on-set amnesia:) In the last 48 hours I posted I support the wall. My only point above was that last election is over, just like at work how the boss tells us "that was last year, what are you doing for me this year?".

15-Jan-19
WV - wow, that sucks! The potential is off the rails with the countryside there. To bad that level of bad has developed and set in...

15-Jan-19
Jeff,

I have always supported zero illegal immigration and 100% border security. The confusion for me has been the folks who by claimed experience I think should know, saying we can accomplish everything with technology, man power, and changed laws, at a fraction of the cost.

I defer to them as I have no knowledge or experience with borders as an illegal;). I like saving money though.

Lately, I have come to think getting a wall done will be easier than changing laws.

15-Jan-19
I don't trust polls either. Want an example? Polls said that Hillary would be elected as our President.

• Sitka Gear