BIG BEAR 22-Jan-19
Bowbender 22-Jan-19
HA/KS 22-Jan-19
BIG BEAR 22-Jan-19
DL 22-Jan-19
15-Jan-19

HA/KS's embedded Photo
HA/KS's embedded Photo
7 officers killed in the line of duty the first 13 days of Jan 2019.

It has always been dangerous, but now seems to be more so than ever. I can't help but blame obama for making it worse - because he did.

15-Jan-19

Woods Walker's embedded Photo
Woods Walker's embedded Photo

15-Jan-19
Well, when we start executing these thugs quickly for murdering LEOs, or anyone for that matter, maybe that will send as message. It's the right thing to do. These officers had families and they were robbed of their loved ones.

15-Jan-19
Officer Clayton Townsend was laid to rest here today. He was killed by a guy texting with his wife on the 101 freeway. He crossed TWO lanes on the 101 and hit the officer, who had pulled someone over and was standing next to the drivers door. Witnesses said the texter never hit the brakes. SMH

15-Jan-19
What makes this more tragic is we have a political party that celebrates LEO's getting killed.

15-Jan-19
I passed through the spot where Trooper Lambert was killed one or two minutes, maybe seconds, before the accident that he stopped to assist and investigate. Really a shame.

15-Jan-19
They should make cell phones that are incapable of receiving or sending texts when that within 3' of an ignition switch.

15-Jan-19
Woods Walker, so passengers shouldn't be able to use their phones?

15-Jan-19
I drive an f250.....a pretty big one. I can normally see what most people are doing in their vehicle.....99% of the women and maybe 60%-70% of men are f'ing with their phone. It really amazes me the lack of discipline.

15-Jan-19
We live in such an instant gratification world that phones are very tempting to use while driving. I'm driving along and have an idea or think of something I need to do. It's too easy to grab the phone to make a note to myself or send a message.

My phone has a setting so I don't get calls or texts when I am driving.

15-Jan-19
Ok....TWO feet then, or unable to be used by whomever's driving. Sort of like a "highway mode" version of airplane mode.

IMO....if you kill or injure someone while screwing around with your phone, it should be the same as a DUI. YOU own it!

15-Jan-19
Add to the list of officers who have lost their lives this month, add at least on K9 killed on duty.

Agree 1000% that this open season on LEOs lies completely with Obama and his cronies.

15-Jan-19
It's terrible to have this many officers killed. While I agree with the sentiments that phones are bad while driving, I will also say that most every police officer I pass here has one glued to his ear as well. Even though its against the law for citizens, the law here was written to allow officers to use the for "police work". Having friends and family in law enforcement and, hearing and seeing the pictures of all the women they are fooling with, I have come to the conclusion at the rate they do it, most of that "police business" is them talking to their nightly piece. They operated for years on radio, let them continue because no law is going to be fully enforced by these officers until it is fair for all.

15-Jan-19
And a bit of positive news:

Good Samaritan shoots, kills suspect beating wounded DPS trooper on I-10

"I don't know if my trooper would be alive today without his assistance," Milstead said.

TONOPAH, Ariz. - A suspect is dead and an Arizona Department of Public Safety trooper is recovering after he was ambushed and shot early Thursday on Interstate 10, according to DPS officials.

DPS director Col. Frank Milstead said the suspect was shot and killed near Tonopah by a good Samaritan who pulled off the interstate to help the trooper.

(continued at link)

15-Jan-19
I never text or answer my cell phone while I am driving! I give the cell to my wife to take the calls. I agree that Obama started all this by complaining about our people in law enforcement.

15-Jan-19
WV, you need to get to know a different class of people! The LEO that I know anything about are not like you describe.

"it should be the same as a DUI. YOU own it!" That doesn't undo the damage. I think that it is pretty close to that in most places.

15-Jan-19
Mouse, that is indeed a good outcome. The good Samaritan should be rewarded, applauded, and emulated if what we have been told so far is accurate.

15-Jan-19
The people I know that are in Law enforcement are a fine class of people. Many would give you the shirt off their back. What that has to do with what I said is beyond me.

15-Jan-19
Come on. LEO are now outside human frailties. I know LEO who are respected for their sacrifices they offer up everyday to protect the population. I also know LEO who would do no less in that job description but the flair in their lives would not allow them to pass on a perk. They are human not gods and their own actions are not always honorable nor could they be at all times under the circumstances they face daily. LEO are us. Everyone of us and when violated should be dealt with accordingly. Do I give a LEO a pass on their weaknesses that I would not afford a civilian.. Your fuqn right I do.

The Rock

15-Jan-19
WV, you wrote this above. Did I misunderstand it?

"Having friends and family in law enforcement and, hearing and seeing the pictures of all the women they are fooling with, I have come to the conclusion at the rate they do it, most of that "police business" is them talking to their nightly piece. They operated for years on radio, let them continue because no law is going to be fully enforced by these officers until it is fair for all."

16-Jan-19

HA/KS's embedded Photo
HA/KS's embedded Photo
How many times will something like this not happen because the office was KIA before the need arose to help someone?

16-Jan-19
HA/KS : I agree 100% with your assessment on Obamas influence on the current state of affairs that our law enforcement people are faced with, as well as the erosion of race relations in our country. No doubt it, Obama was the worst president in the history of our nation and we will pay the price for years to come. IMO

16-Jan-19
No Henry. My reply goes along the line of Rock’s reasoning. Talking on a cell phone doesn’t make you a bad person. Cop or not. It’s jyst here, if you are not a cop, you will sure get treated like a bad guy.

16-Jan-19
WV, really?

"hearing and seeing the pictures of all the women they are fooling with"

" most of that "police business" is them talking to their nightly piece."

16-Jan-19
Sgt Carter and Trooper Lambert were Military Veterans. Officer Wood’s organs were donated after his death. Officer Corona was the proud daughter of a retired Sheriff’s Deputy. These are the caliber of people I am proud to call my brothers and sisters.

That is a great story you posted Henry about the Officer getting to attend that young lady’s graduation. Thank you.

16-Jan-19
Yes it was, it brought tears. Thanks from me too Henry.

16-Jan-19
I remain of the opinion that the vast majority of LE are honorable people which is why WV's posting doesn't ring true to me so I called him on it.

16-Jan-19
I have several LEO friends, GOOD people, who don't get paid NEAR enough for what they must do. But I figured out a long time ago that they don't do it for the money!

17-Jan-19

'Ike' (Phone)'s Link
That’s not counting the ones wounded and fighting for their life...

17-Jan-19
Tragic, prayers sent.

While I believe leaders have made this situation worse, and placed officers at greater risk, it is still the person committing the act that is responsible and must be dealt with.

The number of cop killers that survive being arrested is testimony enough to the vast majority being honorable.

"They put one of ours in the hospital, we put two of theirs in the morgue"

17-Jan-19
Good thread HA. And I totally agree with your sentiments regarding Obama, etc.

SA, I see a lot from F250, as well. Some of it is hair raising. I'd sooner want to share the road with drunks.

17-Jan-19
"They put one of ours in the hospital, we put two of theirs in the morgue" Frank, If only that were true the math would take care of itself. Small consolation in equal retribution if you would be the #1. These attacks must end on LEO and the methods enforced to do so must be drawn from the darker side of man, to speak the only language they understand, that being unbridled rage, that would make the devil himself blush. Watch the number of incidents tumble as the word spreads. Otherwise we will continue with this onslaught of brash lawlessness and the tears of the affected families will fill buckets of pain.

The Rock

17-Jan-19
Speak the language they understand........

Executecopkillers.com

17-Jan-19
North Carolina Nurse Saved State Trooper Who Was Shot In Face: ‘God Put Me There’

Law enforcement officials are expressing gratitude to a registered nurse in Wilson County, N.C. who saved an injured police officer on her day off.

North Carolina Highway Patrol Trooper Daniel Harrell had been shot in the head during a routine traffic stop.

Sherice Richardson, 28, was driving to pick up her daughter from daycare when she saw flashing lights Monday night. After she slowed down, she noticed something wasn’t right. She saw that an officer had been shot in the face and was bleeding profusely.

“It was weird,” Richardson told the local news. “You’re sitting here with someone that is supposed to protect you and he’s down but you’ve got to do something.”

Attending to the officer, Richardson called 9-1-1. She used gauze she found in his patrol car to staunch the bleeding and prayed over Harrell until EMT arrived.

It crossed her mind that the suspect could return. But, instead of being afraid, she said she relied on her faith.

“I’m just very, very thankful,” she told ABC 11. “I had him in my prayers. I feel like God put me there on that road for a reason.”

Harrell’s family called Richardson to thank her for her heroic actions.

More at link

18-Jan-19
Good stuff Mouse. She’s an angel for sure.

20-Jan-19

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
Lost another one

22-Jan-19
I just heard that an Officer from my hometown of Saginaw Twp., Mi got shot in the face overnight..... but is still alive. No further details yet.

22-Jan-19
Sounds like he was shot as he approached the car on a traffic stop..... the suspect fled and is still at large.

22-Jan-19
Damn......hopefully they have a tag number. Do they normally call in a tag before they make the stop or ask for a licence?

22-Jan-19
Lou. They located the suspect. He was shot by police and taken into custody. That is all I know right now.

22-Jan-19
Shoulda been shot and taken into custody by the coroner.

22-Jan-19
Bowbender be careful what you wish for. That is how it happens in much of the world and we don't want that here.

Trials should be quick and fair. Execution should be swift for conviction when there is zero doubt of guilt - not just for cop killers but for other murderers as well.

22-Jan-19
Talked to my mom. She said she used to work with the Officer’s mom back in the day at J.C. Penney’s, And sees her at church on Sunday’s. I guess he got shot in the jaw but is stable. Prayers for him. A slow death to the son of a bitch that shot him. (After he’s convicted of course).......

22-Jan-19
In the 80s I was getting ready to pull out onnto a road when I heard popping sounds. Started driving away and I knew something had gone seriously wrong. LEO vehicles from all branches were screaming down the road. What happened was in the small mountain community a vagrant was reported hanging out in front of a bar about 100 yds from where I was. A deputy asked for an ID and the vagrant pulled a gun out and shot the officer. Then he walked up and shot him a number of times on the ground. Another officer showed up, called in officer down and started a shoot out across the road from each other as cars were driving by. The shooter went off into the woods. LEOs circled the area off to prevent an escape. They didn’t locate him until the next day. He was dead sitting at the base of a tree. Over 100 Leo’s had combed the area that day but never sound him. The next day when they found him it was reported he “Comitted Suicide”. Good riddance.

• Sitka Gear