TD 07-Mar-19
TD 07-Mar-19
Zbone 11-Mar-19
BigNow 02-Jun-20
16-Jan-19

gflight's Link
So what do you think?

16-Jan-19
They can kiss my ass. It's SCHICK for me now on. I DO NOT need to be lectured to by people who have no business lecturing me about anything.

I wonder if next they're going to be lecturing the black rappers about calling women bitches and ho's?? Don't hold your breath.

16-Jan-19
BTW.....I sent Gillette an email and told them that after 55 years of using their products I will no longer buy them.

16-Jan-19
I've heard about them but it's mail order only. Not for me thanks. I want to be able to go to a store and buy it. I HATE ordering stuff online and then having to wait for it. I'd far rather go to a store, look for what I want, compare it to others right in front of me, and then get to actually SEE and HANDLE the item before I buy it. And yes, I'm O L D !!!

And one more.......I want to pay CASH for what I buy so I don't have to expose my financial security on the web. I was hacked/robbed once.....never again. If I get robbed I want to have the thief confront me in person, so I can have the option of shooting them.

16-Jan-19
Gillette uses sexy women all of the time to promote their product.............

16-Jan-19
Guys, you just need to come to grips with reality: We're men; we're shit.

16-Jan-19
My wife got me a shave club deal for Christmas last year. Its actually pretty neat and something I likely never would do on my own. You set the schedule and the stuff arrives when you want. You can adjust the schedule if you are getting razor heads too often or not often enough. Super sharp quality razors. I was always stretching that last blade way beyond its lifespan before because it seems I would only think about buying razors when I was shaving.

As for the ad, Gillette seems to be getting an earful on all fronts. It was not a smart marketing move.

17-Jan-19

TD's embedded Photo
TD's embedded Photo
Gillette can go pizz up a rope..... if they still can.....

Don't use anything but one of these anymore, Headblade..... and some beard oil with a wooden comb..... =D

17-Jan-19
The message is generally good but what does it have to do with shaving or their product?

17-Jan-19
"The message is generally good but what does it have to do with shaving or their product?"

It doesn't. It was meant as bashing men and masculinity, male virtue in general. ya knuckledraggers.....

Second though..... pizzing up a rope likely not a possibility..... so no need to put the seat down when done.....it's already down.....

Hope they can sell a lot of pink and baby blue razors....

17-Jan-19

TD's Link
What it really is. And spot on.

Credits to Mouse on the "unreported" thread.

17-Jan-19
Aww. So a commercial telling men to behave and act decent offends you? How sensitive of you.

It Probably means the ad was meant for you.

A summary of the ad is simply this. “Don’t be a douche and if you see another man acting like a douche, tell him to stop being a douche!”

Simple.

17-Jan-19
Paul,

Stop being a douche.

17-Jan-19
The socially engineered emasculation of the Caucasian american man marches on.

17-Jan-19
Hahahahah

Putz new call sign

Quit being a douche!

17-Jan-19
Does a velvet covered Louisville Slugger hurt less when it breaks one's knees? It played like an indictment. What stings the most is the line "some already are" when referencing guys living the right way. 'Some?' Really? And to suggest, men were blindly groping our way through life until the "Me Too" movement knocked the scales from our eyes is just tragically and destructively vapid.

Though, it is clear by the concluding background they are overtly signaling support for "Blue Lives Matter" movement. I can get behind that. ;)

17-Jan-19
Not accurate JTV.....a douche doesn't lie. It just irrigates.

17-Jan-19
That ad was about as effective as pajama boy Obamacare ad.

17-Jan-19
But they weren't "honoring" anyone. They were lecturing us about a behavior that they assume we all have simply because we're male. They sell grooming equipment, they are NOT a church or more importantly our parents. Like assuming that if you hunt, you automatically trespass. Screw them.

I'm waiting to see if they go after black rappers now for the disgusting things they say about women in their "singing". I won't hold my breath.

17-Jan-19
"Quit being a douche!"

Qbad - HA, there you go!

17-Jan-19

slade's embedded Photo
slade's embedded Photo

17-Jan-19

slade's embedded Photo
slade's embedded Photo

17-Jan-19

17-Jan-19

slade's embedded Photo
slade's embedded Photo

17-Jan-19
Someone is gonna get fired over that one. Hey, let’s alienate our whole customer base

17-Jan-19
Maybe it was the ad people who came up with the "New" Coke ads 30+ years ago who finally got another job.

17-Jan-19
The someone is a well known Feminazi justice warrior.

17-Jan-19
Gee....how could you tell?

17-Jan-19
I’m with KPC on this one. I’m glad to see some culture changes in our society as to what is acceptable behavior in men. Its not cool to just grab them in the p#%* anymore. It’s funny to see some on this thread that are offended by the Gillette ad were body shaming on another...ironic.

17-Jan-19
Bitta hypocrisy there with those last pics, assuming they were done SINCE the add came out. If they were from a few years ago... Well, everyone can develop and grow.

What was ok (drinking and driving - no biggie) in the past, now we understand to be absolutely asinine (drinking and driving - HUGE biggie).

Sex sells - hence basically every alcohol and tobacco add ever and a TON of other adds...

I watch the Gillette add, and I've got nothing. It basically shows folks treating other people well. It says and portray's nothing about not standing up for yourself or not being a "man" or not being tough. It shows people treating other people better.

I hope I can help my son to grow up to treat people better as well.

This add, I cant see how there's any level of upset. It's just showing people working to make better choices and not treat people poorly. It's not about turning men into sissys. It's about reminding them it's ok to be even better.

17-Jan-19
I have a beard, so I don't buy their products. I certainly don't need a company who was busted for using child labor telling me how to be a better person...oh, sorry - a better man.

17-Jan-19
I don't need a company that makes razor blades, or anything else, lecturing me about "my" behavior simply because I'm male. STFU and make razors.

17-Jan-19
It's funny to see momism raise it's dysfunctional trait on another cf thread.

17-Jan-19
The only thing I found defensive about the message us the insinuation that 99% of the men I know, don’t need that talk. It’s how they already live.

This commercial was a stupid add. As Ike said, we are on the low side of the Things because we are men. And, this just feeds that narrative.

17-Jan-19
Gillette does not need my money. What they call "toxic masculinity" won WWII. We need more of what won WWII, not less.

17-Jan-19
TT- : "The message is generally good but what does it have to do with shaving or their product?"

KPC : It's called "image advertising" and it's been around forever.

I get that. It's obvious. That is what I am saying... Although the idea is not offensive ( be decent with each other ) it has no place in a shaving add.

"Women should not be slutty bitches ... Wanna by some stuff? " It is offensive by implication that all woman are slutty bitches if you want to take it that way. Or it is a generally good message with no connection to my stuff for sale.

If these ideas are presented in another context would they be offensive? Not to me.

And make no mistake I come from a long line of "toxic male traits" and there is a place and time for them. I think we can be socially respectful and still be tough guys.

17-Jan-19
KPC and TT-Pi are 100% correct in that grace should be exemplified ALWAYS. However, I don't see that in this commercial. The not-at-all subtle message is that men are brutish hedonists, along came the MeToo movement and, now, Gillette is "woke" enough to encourage men to actually act with decency. Give me a break. The implications actually make my skin crawl.

17-Jan-19
I'm 62 years old in a couple of weeks. I never knew it was ever acceptable or cool to grab a woman by her genitals (without her consent). I guess that feller from Kansas was brought up a little different than I was...8^)

And Paul, quit being a douche!

17-Jan-19
I was brought up to treat all women with respect. I think it was Trump that was brought up a little different than you MT.

17-Jan-19

17-Jan-19
.....and Bill Clinton.....

17-Jan-19
You're the one that posted it wasn't cool ANYMORE..I just said I never knew it was ever cool...

17-Jan-19
BK - best post.

If society hates men, let's all just quit our jobs and see what happens. Like it or not, there are just some occupations women can't and won't do...

17-Jan-19
Since the majority of men voted for Trump and the majority of white males drive pick-up trucks...does it pave the way for GM to run a commercial telling it’s customers to be more “open minded”.

17-Jan-19
Are we still in grade school here...

17-Jan-19
Maybe I should have put LOL at the end.

17-Jan-19
Really BK? Toxic masculinity won’t WWII? How are you malign the great men of WWII.

My great uncle who fought it and his friends were gentlemen. They respected women, they held them in regard. Toxic masculinity?

You clearly don’t know what toxic masculinity is. I’m fairly certain Jeffrey can tell you.

It’s touching women without their permission. It’s thinking women are weaker, less intelligent It’s men who dominate, harass, intimidate or abuse women

If you have to prove your masculinity by bragging, speaking over women, or mock people using traits of femininity as negative, you’re a toxic male.

If this doesn’t apply to you ,and it certainly does not to most men, then the Gillette ad has nothing to do with you.

If you think any of the above is fine, you’re the problem. And I’m certain that some of the men here are absolutely ok with some of the above examples of toxic masculinity.

17-Jan-19
"This just in: The MeToo Movement and Gillette discover 2000 year old ethos most western people have been living by for centuries."

17-Jan-19
"It’s touching women without their permission. It’s thinking women are weaker, less intelligent It’s men who dominate, harass, intimidate or abuse women."

Bill Clinton

Harvey Weinstein

Al Franken

Keith Ellison

Kevin Spacey

"If this doesn’t apply to you ,and it certainly does not to most men, then the Gillette ad has nothing to do with you."

Then why make an ad targeting a very small minority of men, who most likely won't make the connection anyway.

STFU Paul and stop being a douche.

17-Jan-19
I use a straight when I have time and have a life supply of double edge blades.

While I don't need a lecture in general. The only thing i had a problem with was the guy c..k blocking the guy who just wanted to go talk to the hottie with a body....;)

17-Jan-19
While not personally offended, I have a serious problem with the perpetuation of lies, especially on a culture-wide scale. The same message could have been conveyed in a much more constructive and uplifting manner. Easily.

17-Jan-19
^^^ Owl is spot on...Broad brushing never works and should be avoided. Stupid commercial IMO...

17-Jan-19
I’m sorry what is this thread about? I was too busy looking at Gillette girl asses.

17-Jan-19
You Spike... it was about you ;) (he he he :) kidding bud!)

17-Jan-19
Yes, women are full equals. I am offended that we still have Olympic Games for separate genders. Women should be insulted by this.

17-Jan-19
Ha ha Will. I see Gillette is a big hypocrite with all the blue fanny’s above. I just read that Gillette wanted to create a stir with the ad well I guess they got it. Now isn’t their slogan the best a man can get? What about woman?

17-Jan-19

slade's embedded Photo
slade's embedded Photo

17-Jan-19
The phrase "toxic masculinity" is a polarizing label used by the least knowledgeable, least educated Divas out there.

They can't put up in a competitive world, and damn sure won't shut up either.

17-Jan-19
The Gillette Tramp Stamp. Oh those evil men.....

17-Jan-19
"Toxic masculinity" in the common vernacular, is actually any masculinity as the feminist radicals and their useful idiots seek to neuter men. The pajama boys will never accomplish anything more significant than grabbing a non-fat soy latte at Starbucks.

So, Paul, quit being the neutered douche you are.

17-Jan-19
Toxic (putzie) masculinity (not putzie)

17-Jan-19
It demonizes men. I teach sexual harrassment/sexual assult prevention classes in the military. A shockingly large portion of sexual harassments and assaults are women on men. So much so, it is a part of the curriculum.

17-Jan-19
We also cover it in our Human Relations classes.

17-Jan-19
"Broad brushing never works and should be avoided." I completely agree with this statement but that is the most laughable quote on the CF. Generalizations are standard when it comes to liberals, democrats, gays, Muslims, etc. here of the CF by many. I'll be sure to look for MT in MO putting that sentence in almost every thread on the CF.

17-Jan-19
Are the Venus commercials toxic feminity?

Probably need to review them just to be fair and balanced.

17-Jan-19
Advertising seems to like to get people talking. Seems that this razor company did just that.

7mm08 - "A shockingly large portion of sexual harassments and assaults are women on men. "

What do you consider a shockingly high percentage?

"The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) reported that in 2017, around 10,000 sexual harassment complaints were filed. Of those, 16.5 percent of sexual harassment claims in the workplace were filed by men—and a whopping 83 percent were filed by women. (The EEOC also found that about 70 percent of sexual harassment cases are not reported, meaning that the 10,000 filings are only a fraction of the true amount of sexual harassment instances.)"

17-Jan-19
Talking yes, but NOT about their product! Doesn't make much sense to me. Make the best product you can, price it fair (for both you and the buyer), and STFU!!!!

If I wanted Gillette's opinion....or anyone else's......I'll ask for it.

17-Jan-19
"Advertising seems to like to get people talking. Seems that this razor company did just that." - Well, that is a very good point, Amoebus.

17-Jan-19
Uh oh...being stalked by a Kansas dude...8^)

I try not to generalize except when speaking about general attitudes and directions. For example, to say generally speaking liberals tend to want to spend other people's money on social programs that would be a correct generalization.

On the other hand, to make a claim that since all men (or at least most) have testosterone it makes all or most men rapists would be totally incorrect and insulting.

See the difference?

No? Well, I really don't care...8^)

17-Jan-19
I e-mailed Gillette to let them know I will never buy another Gillette product.

Then I reminded them that if it wasn't for their much despised 'toxic masculinity,' they'd be speaking German, Japanese, or Russian.

17-Jan-19

Woods Walker's embedded Photo
Woods Walker's embedded Photo
DAMN RIGHT! Screw Gillette.

17-Jan-19
Holy cow. All these big bad tough guys literally losing their minds over a commercial.

Unbelievable.

And these are the same guys that yell Snowflake?

17-Jan-19
Who farted? Smells like crap in here.

17-Jan-19
Lol splitting hairs. Oh the hypocrisy. Hey, you said it...lol.

Sincerely,

Kansas Dude

17-Jan-19
The CF's 'Walk like an Egyptian" has weighed in here, simply because he's an Egyptian Muslim who hates America.

18-Jan-19

gflight's embedded Photo
gflight's embedded Photo
Rowdy Beaver restaurant supports a good shave even if you use Gillette.....

18-Jan-19

18-Jan-19
Henry, that is an awesome commercial. Gillette had a chance to make something as inspiring as that and chose to be a scold and a nag. Be negative about "men" as a whole. Want seconds of the soy?

There are stats a person can compare straight up...... and stats that are 100% worthless straight up. I would say most men that are "sexually harassed" by women don't consider it "harassment" the same as some women might...... and not feeling threatened (possibly even flattered) don't report it. Why would they? Although PutZ likely would....

They would have to be Glenn Close to make "most" men file a formal complaint.....

OTOH there are women who are offended if you talk to them..... from "good morning" to "nice shoes".... and they are offended. With more than a few being serial sexual harassment complaint filers.

Double standards abound. Many if not most of them self imposed. I think of the "teacher seducing student" cases and while in my mind the male teachers seducing female students should be beaten before jailed...... i have to admit as a male student in high school i was trying hard as I could with a couple younger teachers (and ok, pretty much anyone that would hold still long enough) to make it happen..... and can't imagine reporting such a thing, unless it was to Penthouse forum.... A double standard for sure. In this case one I hold adult men to a higher standard.

18-Jan-19
WW... What's the old advertising saying? Any publicity is good publicity? Something like that. I hadnt thought of Gillette in a meaningful way (outside of thinking of them as the name of a stadium 16 weeks a year) in years... Now for a week or so I've heard comments about them daily, and see the logo here.

Like or dislike the message, they sure as heck have gotten folks talking about them, which likely sells a few blades.

07-Mar-19
Saw this the other day and it just spoke to me..... heheheheh.....

07-Mar-19

TD's embedded Photo
TD's embedded Photo
Guess it helps to send the pic....

11-Mar-19
Doesn't Robert Kraft who was recently was charged for soliciting a prostitute own Gillette? Talk about hypercritic...

02-Jun-20
Don't care about their money. http://essaypapers.reviews/

• Sitka Gear