Dale Cover 06-Feb-19
BIG BEAR 06-Feb-19
HA/KS 06-Feb-19
NvaGvUp 06-Feb-19
Jim Moore 06-Feb-19
03-Feb-19
BRady sacked three times during the game Pats loose 21 to 10

03-Feb-19
Put the bong down before you hurt ypurself.....:)

03-Feb-19
Frankly, I wish that both of the teams could lose.

03-Feb-19
Go Rams... Wanted the Rams and 3-1/2, couldn't get it, dude already owes me 20 from last year, so I took the 55 points and under for it...8^)

03-Feb-19

HA/KS's embedded Photo
HA/KS's embedded Photo

03-Feb-19
I could not possibly care less who is playing, nor who wins. But that is true of every football game, anywhere, any time. It is a colossal waste of time, money and effort.

03-Feb-19
Sundowner x 2

03-Feb-19
Would like to see the Rams win but it will be Patriot 34 Rams 27

03-Feb-19
I love watching this colossal waste of time, money and effort.

It's like space exploration, Music, Art, and Hunting. No great point to such things but we do them and value them for what they are...

And if you're from New England it's our Religion too. Go PATS!

03-Feb-19
"It is a colossal waste of time, money and effort."

but sitting on a computer sharing opinions with people who you neither know nor do they care about what you think is a good use of time?

27-16 ne

03-Feb-19
I think the Pats will win. I also predict that 1.38 billion chicken wings will be eaten.

03-Feb-19
Brady once again.

03-Feb-19
Great excuse to drink beer and cook a 18lb brisket

I’m not betting against Brady

03-Feb-19
GO PATS!!!

03-Feb-19
Go 49ers!

03-Feb-19
Go 49ers!

03-Feb-19
Pats by 90

03-Feb-19

03-Feb-19

"Tell me, Clarice ... Have the Rams stopped screaming"

03-Feb-19
Don't care for either team. But.....hope the Rams win. Doubt I'll even watch it.

03-Feb-19
Patriots by a bazillion to none. GO PATS!!!!!! (Edit for clarity: A bazillion is 13 and none is 3)

03-Feb-19
Pats by two touchdowns. Go Patriots.

03-Feb-19
NE 34, LA 20

03-Feb-19
NE 90 LA 0. You heard it here first

03-Feb-19

HA/KS's embedded Photo
HA/KS's embedded Photo

03-Feb-19
GOAT > ram

03-Feb-19

bigeasygator's embedded Photo
Along with the rest of New Orleans, I will be boycotting the Super Bowl. No one I know is watching. Here’s a pic from today’s Boycott Bowl Second Line Parade. All kinds of anti-Super Bowl activities happening today. #cheatednotdefeated #SuperBowlLIE #cantheybothlose?

03-Feb-19
Pats 36 - LA 35 Brady -MVP

03-Feb-19
Oh, Toto, I don't know ... But I'm sure We're not in Kansas anymore... There no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place ... for your team in the SUPERBOWL!

GO PATS!!!!!!

03-Feb-19
Thunderbird flyover for the anthem.... awesome !!!

Good job Gladys Knight !!!

03-Feb-19
Hey pi These Super Bowls are gettin old huh. Sucks I gotta drink beer and eat venison nachos early February every year!

03-Feb-19
...so that’s why coors light taste like piss.

03-Feb-19
Gronk catch ball, Gronk run over people, Gronk score TD.

Pats 31 Rams 27

03-Feb-19
May want to re-adjust scores above.

03-Feb-19
Woodguy 65 the fat lady hasn't warmed up yet.

03-Feb-19
Moons what was once "the Superbowl" is now officially called the New England Patriots invitational.

A sleepy game so far but at least it's not "the Loser Bowl" gathering at Disney... I bet Diapers and pacifiers are selling out. Misery loves company.

03-Feb-19
I guess it will come down to winning halftime adjustments. Though, the game looks bigger than Goff right, now. And that ain't good.

03-Feb-19
We're having a good blizzard here and I lost satellite reception with 3:30 to go in Q2. The dish got covered with wet snow, but a long-handled broom fixed the problem. For a while at least.

03-Feb-19
I don’t know what was worse the first half or the halftime show

03-Feb-19
The half time show SUCKED!!! The only good thing about it was the light and firework display. Neither of these two teams deserve to be in the Super Bowl.

03-Feb-19
Crappy score crappy commercials and Adam Levine topless boy it’s getting better every year. About time for a Country half time instead of these boy bands.

03-Feb-19
I'd rather have a sedative-free root canal than watch the halftime of a Super Bowl

03-Feb-19
Who?

03-Feb-19
Finally a TD !!!

03-Feb-19
I was just going to post the same thing. :^)

03-Feb-19
I watched Hee Haw during half time. That last drive looked great, for a change.

03-Feb-19
Organic beer and Steven Colbert commercial. Along with no country performers it looks like football and the Super Bowl are now a liberal presentation. I’m out.

03-Feb-19
What’s up with TB red shoes just noticed, looks Dorothy from Wizard of Oz. Never noticed before.

03-Feb-19
Edelman and Michelle played great. I know I spelled their name wrong but you know who I mean.

03-Feb-19
That’s a wrap.

Pats already a favorite to win SB next year.

03-Feb-19
It's official, the RAMS have been turned into the LAMBS.

03-Feb-19
Woodguy it's a hat replacement. MAGA shoes. (Actually breast cancer awareness )

See yu again next year.

Sorry folks but we need something good from our state... And it can't last forever.

03-Feb-19
I am 150$ richer. Gosdh I love gambling

03-Feb-19
I thought the best line of the day was when one on the TV announcers said someone had suggested they change the name of the Super Bowl to The New England Patriots Invitational.

04-Feb-19
"The New England Patriots Invitational." I agree...:)

04-Feb-19
Organic beer and Steven Colbert commercial. Along with no country performers it looks like football and the Super Bowl are now a liberal presentation. I’m out.

04-Feb-19
No matter what anyone says, the Patriots have set records that will be hard to beat. They have been a really great team and I am a Baltimore fan. I will give them credit.

04-Feb-19
For all of the hype we get every year about the commercials, I thought the best one was at most, mediocre.

Many of them were from companies I'd never heard of and as of this morning, I couldn't name even one of them.

Many of the commercials left me clueless as to what was being advertised.

Two of the commercials. Audi and Budweiser, played to the 'save the planet' crowd and made me never want to buy their products.

04-Feb-19

Will's embedded Photo
Will's embedded Photo
Whoop whoop!

I liked the commercial with the first responders, I think it was a Verizon charitable endeavor... and I liked the one for the remote control for disabled folks.

Amazing to think, that this game, which felt like a nail biter to me until about 30" left, was the Pat's largest margin in a super bowl. The D was unreal. Well done Brian Flores, good luck as the HC of the Dolphins... Wish he was sticking around, all good about that guy the past several years up here.

Typical Pat's O... ok, ok, ok then the 4th quarter - bazinga!

The way the season was going, they just didnt look like they were a championship winning team compared to past years hear... Until the Chargers game. I was very happy to have my mid season doubts, that lasted a while, proven wrong. I should know better...

All that said, there was a lineman, I dont recall D or O, on the rams, who was at the podium post game. What a class guy. He discussed how he was not holding his head low. And he really had the loss in context already. Impressive comments. Wish I could remember his name... I was too hopped up on the W and missed it :)

04-Feb-19
Favorite two commercial were (1) the dinner party throwdown with all the old NFL legends and (2) the game of thrones bud light commerical

04-Feb-19
Favorite two commercial were (1) the dinner party throwdown with all the old NFL legends and (2) the game of thrones bud light commerical

04-Feb-19
Sounds like I didn't miss anything while making crappie jigheads instead.

04-Feb-19
My Detroit Lions beat the Patriots this year..... so in a roundabout way...... the Lions won the Super Bowl........;-) HAHAHAHA.

04-Feb-19
And my Vikings beat the Lions twice and even my 49er's beat the Lions.

04-Feb-19

JL's Link
Just in......

Super Bowl Ratings Hit 10-Year Low With Patriots' Lackluster 13-3 Win

Matt Webb Mitovich TVLine.com February 4, 2019

The Patriots’ lackluster Super Bowl win is CBS’ loss.

The Eye network’s broadcast of Super Bowl LIII on Sunday night scored a 44.9 in metered market results, down 5 percent from last year and marking a 10-year low for the Big Game (since the Steelers’ 27-23 win over the Cardinals in 2009, which scored a 42.0).

Super Bowl LIII’s 44.9 is just shy of the prelim numbers for the 2010 Saints/Colts match-up, which went on to report a total audience of 106.5 million viewers.

In a TVLine poll, 91 percent of respondents predicted that this year’s game would fall below 2018’s nine-year audience low (0f 103.4 million viewers), while 77 said say it would deliver fewer than 100 million viewers.

Check back later today for total audience figures for the Super Bowl, as well as numbers for the post-game premiere of The World’s Best.

04-Feb-19
Well..... you can bet that no one that was pulling for the Saints was watching it.......

04-Feb-19
I liked the game.

The defenses for both teams were awesome.

04-Feb-19
Speaking the commercials, just how pathetic was that commercial for the Washington Post?

04-Feb-19
Kyle,

The WP commercial was awful. In general, most of the commercials left me asking "you paid $5 MILLION for that 30 seconds?"

As for the game, I didn't mind it. The league has been changing rules to favor the offenses for years, so it was refreshing to see defenses adapt and dominate for a change.

Matt

04-Feb-19
Here's a comment on the Wash Po ad from COTR:

"Did you see it? Here it is in case you missed it:

I would like to offer some unsolicited advice to WaPo and every other media organization out there who feels like they’re getting a bad rap lately, and is all defiant about their mad journalism skillz.

If you think that “Democracy dies in darkness,” and you think getting called #fakenews is a path to that darkness, there’s this really cool, easy thing you can do to make people trust you again, and count on you as you “gather the facts.”

ACTUALLY GATHER FACTS, instead of twisting and bending and contorting yourselves into pretzels trying to spin a narrative. Because knowing the facts DOES empower us, and it DOES help us decide, and it DOES keep us free.

This isn’t rocket science. It’s what journalists are supposed to do. It’s your Actual Job.

Just do it. Do it the way you’re supposed to do it. And then you won’t have to spend millions of dollars on ads with dramatic music in them to beg people to take you seriously. Your work will do it for you.

You’re welcome."

04-Feb-19
How can viewer ratings be accurate as I’m sure most houses have a good number of people in each.

04-Feb-19
Spike-

That is what I was thinking, SB parties have gotten to become a must do thing among a lot of people. Many people would be watching from a single location and only counted as one viewer.

One of the factors to look into for total viewership, is to look at the national numbers of the people that call in sick on the day after the SB.

I liked the game, anyone could have won up to the last 2 minutes of the game. I didn't see the entire game, missed about 10 minutes of play, but this was about the 4th or 5th full or close to full game that I've watched this season(2 of the others were 2 weekends ago)….and I live in Packer country. I thank Kraperdick for freeing up a lot of extra time on my Sundays throughout the fall. The commercials sucked!

04-Feb-19
Zzzzzzzzzzzz!

04-Feb-19
They expect that the number of workers that will call in sick today, is around 17 million! I just can't understand how you can not be responsible enough at a Sunday evening gathering, to have so much to drink that you have to call in to work the next day. We all know that any drinking games that have to do with scoring wouldn't have added up to much of anything!!

04-Feb-19
Maybe true, but it sure is nice and QUIET for those of us who do show up!

04-Feb-19
I thought the chunky style milk commercial was hilarious.

04-Feb-19
I think the Idaho potato farmer commercial would have beat them all.

04-Feb-19
The fumble commercial was funny.... lots of names and faces there for sure.....

04-Feb-19
Odd..... I have yet to meet anyone who DIDN'T see it..... as stated above.... it's become a social event like New Years Eve..... a quasi-holiday. Lots of folks are going to SB parties, way more than in years past.... not just staying at home watching it.

04-Feb-19
bigswivle - "I am 150$ richer. Gosdh I love gambling"

My 55 points and under were good, but that Ram's chip shot field goal attempt in the final seconds lost me $250 on a $10 squares sheet... My square was Rams 6, Pats 3... I couldn't freakn believe it, and Zuerlein is one of the best kickers in the league and he shanked it... I hate kickers...

My favoite commericals, were Legends Football Dinner, and luved the Big Labalski/Sex and the City comerical... Bud Light Game of Thrones was cool too...

05-Feb-19
Loved the NFL Legends ad. Very clever. I thought the Lebowski spot was almost sacrilegious. Sullied ole' Duder being that close to SJP. I never want to associate the two.

05-Feb-19
"...so that’s why coors light taste like piss."

And....you would know this taste comparison from past experience??

05-Feb-19

Well..... you can bet that no one that was pulling for the Saints was watching it.......

You got that right BB! Lots of organized boycott activities were planned all around town. Viewership was down 60% for the New Orleans market. My wife and I took one of those drink and paint classes and we all painted a Saints theme. I’m happy with how mine turned out!

05-Feb-19

woodguy65's embedded Photo
woodguy65's embedded Photo
"...so that’s why coors light taste like piss."

"And....you would know this taste comparison from past experience??"

No I learned from bear Grylls.

05-Feb-19

05-Feb-19
People still watch the super bowl?

05-Feb-19
Woodguy - that Bear Grylls (spelling?) thing is hilarious!

BEG - It's comforting knowing another football "market" / Fanbase feels like the one here in New England... :)

05-Feb-19
Will, after bountygate and the no call, I fee fairly confident in saying there isn’t a fan base that hates Goodell more!

05-Feb-19
Saints fans can cry all year long for all I care. Yes, bountygate! The dirtiest coach and organization on the planet. People seem to forget that Peyton was suspended for a full year for his role and WIlliams for what,, 3 years? That was a slap on the wrist. The "No Call" was simply justification for their superbowl win in 09 season that should have never happened...

05-Feb-19
Figured the Vikes fans would come out of the woodwork - I learned they're still bitter for getting taken behind the woodshed in the 09 NFC Championship game! Not to derail the convo, but the Saints weren't the only team with a similar program - they're just the ones that got "caught" (or I should say, theirs is the only one that went public; actually, it's more like theirs is the one that went public after the league started caring about concussions). Bounty or not, wouldn't have changed the '09 season. Saints fans don't forget Payton's suspension - for something that was common practice in the league, the suspensions was ridiculous.

05-Feb-19
Why are we talking about the Saints? They weren't in the Superbowl..... lost in the playoffs I believe...... at home.....

Prolly still sour about how Trump is President and Shrillery was cheated.......heheheheh.....

06-Feb-19

HA/KS's embedded Photo
HA/KS's embedded Photo

06-Feb-19
Kinda liked the Bud Light - Giant Keg O'Corn Syrup ad, as well as their Game of Thrones ad.

06-Feb-19
I can't figure out why anyone cares if a brewer uses corn syrup or not.

Who gives a fig?

06-Feb-19
Nobody actually cares, was just a "We're different (Translate that to: 'Better') than everyone else!" moment.

I just thought it was funny when the keg was rolling down the hill chasing the guys.... Maybe it's just my sense of humor...

06-Feb-19
Isn’t corn syrup what makes everything taste good ??

06-Feb-19
BB, according to the food Nazis corn syrup is second only to global bologna in the destruction of the earth.

06-Feb-19
"BB, according to the food Nazis corn syrup is second only to global bologna in the destruction of the earth."

That's a second reason not to buy Bud.

The first reason is who wants to drink watered down horse pee when there are so many great craft beers available?

06-Feb-19
"Isn’t corn syrup what makes everything taste good ??"

My mother used to put Karo syrup on the breakfast table when I was a youngster. Loved it on pancakes, french toast and....give me moment here....fresh, hot out of the oil scones. Damn, I am drooling like a dog right now.

• Sitka Gear