Rhody 04-Feb-19
JTV 04-Feb-19
Anony Mouse 05-Feb-19
Tonybear61 05-Feb-19
Woods Walker 05-Feb-19
Annony Mouse 09-Feb-19
Annony Mouse 19-Feb-19
03-Feb-19
The social media and "journalism" hyped the Covington student event to such a level that students from the school may well face undeserved consequences. The rush to condemn by many has been shown to not only be incorrect, but have unfairly targeted these students.

For once, the attacked are fighting back. And there may well be consequences that will make these media attackers change their approach in pushing a news meme. Far too many individuals and news organizations suffer from TDS and have to attack any who disagree with their fondest desires.

Covington Teen’s Lawyer Releases Brutal 14-Minute Video Showcasing Lies of Nathan Phillips and Media

And now all the media and celebrities who jumped on the kids are about to be sued.

Sandmann lawyer: Letters sent to New York Times, Today Show, 50 others may precede suits

The lawyers representing Covington Catholic High School student Nick Sandmann and his family said Friday they have sent letters to media outlets, individual journalists, celebrities and Catholic organizations as the first step in possible libel and defamation lawsuits.

The list includes 50-plus names of organizations or individuals: from presidential hopeful Elizabeth Warren to actress Alyssa Milano; individual journalists including Maggie Haberman, Ana Cabrera and David Brooks; national media outlets like the The New York Times, CNN, GQ and TMZ; and the dioceses of Covington and Lexington as well as the archdioceses of Louisville and Baltimore.

Continued at link

From Link:

McMurtry said the following organizations and people are those who can expect to receive the letters, which were all sent by the close of business on Friday.

The Washington Post

The New York Times

Cable News Network, Inc. (CNN)

The Guardian

National Public Radio

TMZ

Atlantic Media Inc.

Capitol Hill Publishing Corp.

Diocese of Covington

Diocese of Lexington

Archdiocese of Louisville

Diocese of Baltimore

Ana Cabrera

Sara Sidner

Erin Burnett

S.E. Cupp

Elliot C. McLaughlin

Amanda Watts

Emanuella Grinberg

Michelle Boorstein

Cleve R. Wootson Jr.

Antonio Olivo

Joe Heim

Michael E. Miller

Eli Rosenberg

Isaac Stanley-Becker

Kristine Phillips

Sarah Mervosh

Emily S. Rueb

Maggie Haberman

David Brooks

Shannon Doyne

Kurt Eichenwald

Andrea Mitchell

Savannah Guthrie

Joy Reid

Chuck Todd

Noah Berlatsky

Elisha Fieldstadt

Eun Kyung Kim

HBO

Bill Maher

Warner Media

Conde Nast

GQ

Heavy.com

The Hill

The Atlantic

Paul Zeidan

Ilhan Omar

Elizabeth Warren

Kathy Griffin

Alyssa Milano

Jim Carrey

"They know they crossed the line," McMurtry said. "Do they want 12 people in Kentucky to decide their fate? I don't think so."

He added that those on the list will "raise legal defenses and challenges that we'll have to overcome, but that's the way it goes."

The letters tell the organizations and individuals not to destroy any documents in connection with the case, the attorney said. For example, the documents could be drafts or early versions of articles or emails among staff discussing the story.

more at link

03-Feb-19
One name on that list is particularly interesting. ;)

03-Feb-19
The resident pot-stirrer...?

03-Feb-19
Yes Salagi, you beat me to it. Can’t wait to see how this plays out

03-Feb-19
Lol, I missed that one ... I seen this article earlier today .. I hope everyone has to pay a substantial amount if this goes to court....if some destroy evidence, I hope that results in criminal charges .... that list is the who's who of liberal dopes ...

03-Feb-19
One thing these lawsuits will do is make sure that anyone who wishes to know what really happened will be able to learn the truth (without going through the leftist media to learn it).

04-Feb-19
PutZ made the Big Time...!

04-Feb-19
Bring it.

04-Feb-19
Thanks for the video. Mr. Phillips is a pathological liar. The dude is a head case.

04-Feb-19
The young man showed tremendous constraint. Somebody comes pounding a drum in my face they're going to quickly end up on the ground. What the terrorists who started this thing by shouting insults at these young people did is a form of assault, typical of liberals but these screwballs are out there like Pluto. What Phillips did was a direct assault, the same as going nose to nose with someone and screaming at them. For no reason other than to insight and enflame for an agenda.

04-Feb-19
I'm glad that these parents pulled in a lawyer who looks to be going to the matt for them. Libal is very subjective given the current fake news pass that seems to be the norm...

04-Feb-19
It is way past time to stand up to these thugs ... I hope it hits them hard in the pocket book, I dont think a jury will be to nice to the Hollywood libs either, not a Kentucky jury ...

05-Feb-19
Could the letters sent out be the opportunity for Sandman's attorneys to set a Mueller trap and nail any of the recipients for a process crime if caught lying about their attacks or deleting coomments from social media or personal electronics?

Wouldn't that be entertaining and instructive WRT Mueller's successes?

05-Feb-19
Reminds me of the time my kid was teased on the bus for being both a German and a Boy Scout. He had heard the president attended a BSA event (first one to do so since Clinton) and the lefties who had been following all the Trump attacked jumped right on it. Calling him a Nazi or worse. He knows very well who and what the Nazis were and tough skinned as he is it hurt. Not something today's kids know much about before throwing that word around. He was excited because a president was attending, might see one at a future Scouts event, not a MAGA, not a Republican or Democrat, just a kid.

I hope the lawyers make this kid rich, about time the punitive approach shuts the fake news down. Check sources and wait until all the info comes out before jumping on the news wagon.

05-Feb-19
Well that would mean that they'd have to become objective journalists, a skill of which they are obviously not capable of and have absolutely NO desire to attain.

09-Feb-19
Nick Sandmann’s Lawyer Is Going To Sue Nathan Phillips For Defamation

Via Daily Wire:

An attorney representing Nick Sandmann, the 16-year-old Covington Catholic High School student who was smeared as a bigot when he was, in fact, the victim, will be suing Nathan Phillips, the Native American activist who lied about his encounter with the teen.

Atlanta-based lawyer L. Lin Wood told LifeSiteNews on Thursday that he would be suing Phillips for his “lies and false accusations” against the Covington Catholic students – and Sandmann in particular. He also told the outlet that he would “file the first round of civil lawsuits within the next two weeks.”

Sandmann’s attorneys previously sent letters to 54 entities – including Democrat politicians, news outlets, and individual reporters – notifying them of a potential lawsuit. That list “continues to grow in number,” Wood told LifeSite, adding that Sandmann’s attorneys are “in the process of sending formal written retraction demands in conformity with statutes in states in which litigation may be filed.”

Wood also released a 15-minute video detailing the lies and smears perpetrated against his client by the media and others.

19-Feb-19
It has begun!

Breaking: Nicholas Sandmann Sues WaPo For $250 Million

Rush to control the narrative.

(Reuters) – A high school student from Covington, Kentucky, at the center of a videotaped incident at the Lincoln Memorial involving a Native American activist sued the Washington Post for defamation on Tuesday, claiming the newspaper “vilified” him because he is white.

The lawsuit, filed in U.S. District Court in Kentucky by Covington Catholic High School student Nicholas Sandmann, 16, seeks $250 million in damages – saying that was the amount Jeff Bezos, founder of Amazon.com and the world’s richest person, paid for the Post in 2013.

“The Post wrongfully targeted and bullied Nicholas because he was the white, Catholic student wearing a red ‘Make America Great Again’ souvenir cap on a school field trip to the Jan. 18 March for Life in Washington, D.C.,” the lawsuit claims.

Sandmann “was unexpectedly and suddenly confronted by Nathan Phillips … a known Native American activist, who beat a drum and sang loudly within inches of his face,” the suit said.

Representatives for the Washington Post did not immediately respond to a request by Reuters for comment.

more at link

And this...more lawsuits coming!

Covington Student’s Lawyer To File Defamation Lawsuits After Client Cleared In Investigation

The lawyer for Covington Catholic High School junior Nick Sandmann says he will begin filing defamation lawsuits this week, as the Kentucky school’s diocese released a private investigative report clearing students of instigating the Jan. 18 incident at the Lincoln Memorial.

“Nick Sandmann is 16 years old & has 2½+ years to identify accusers & sue them,” Atlanta attorney L. Lin Wood said Saturday on Twitter. “No member of mainstream & social media mob who attacked him should take comfort from not being sued in initial round of lawsuits which will commence next week. Time is Nick’s friend, not his enemy.”

more at link

• Sitka Gear