For once, the attacked are fighting back. And there may well be consequences that will make these media attackers change their approach in pushing a news meme. Far too many individuals and news organizations suffer from TDS and have to attack any who disagree with their fondest desires.
And now all the media and celebrities who jumped on the kids are about to be sued.
The lawyers representing Covington Catholic High School student Nick Sandmann and his family said Friday they have sent letters to media outlets, individual journalists, celebrities and Catholic organizations as the first step in possible libel and defamation lawsuits.
The list includes 50-plus names of organizations or individuals: from presidential hopeful Elizabeth Warren to actress Alyssa Milano; individual journalists including Maggie Haberman, Ana Cabrera and David Brooks; national media outlets like the The New York Times, CNN, GQ and TMZ; and the dioceses of Covington and Lexington as well as the archdioceses of Louisville and Baltimore.
Continued at link
McMurtry said the following organizations and people are those who can expect to receive the letters, which were all sent by the close of business on Friday.
The Washington Post
The New York Times
Cable News Network, Inc. (CNN)
National Public Radio
Atlantic Media Inc.
Capitol Hill Publishing Corp.
Diocese of Covington
Diocese of Lexington
Archdiocese of Louisville
Diocese of Baltimore
Elliot C. McLaughlin
Cleve R. Wootson Jr.
Michael E. Miller
Emily S. Rueb
Eun Kyung Kim
"They know they crossed the line," McMurtry said. "Do they want 12 people in Kentucky to decide their fate? I don't think so."
He added that those on the list will "raise legal defenses and challenges that we'll have to overcome, but that's the way it goes."
The letters tell the organizations and individuals not to destroy any documents in connection with the case, the attorney said. For example, the documents could be drafts or early versions of articles or emails among staff discussing the story.
more at link
Wouldn't that be entertaining and instructive WRT Mueller's successes?
I hope the lawyers make this kid rich, about time the punitive approach shuts the fake news down. Check sources and wait until all the info comes out before jumping on the news wagon.
Via Daily Wire:
An attorney representing Nick Sandmann, the 16-year-old Covington Catholic High School student who was smeared as a bigot when he was, in fact, the victim, will be suing Nathan Phillips, the Native American activist who lied about his encounter with the teen.
Atlanta-based lawyer L. Lin Wood told LifeSiteNews on Thursday that he would be suing Phillips for his “lies and false accusations” against the Covington Catholic students – and Sandmann in particular. He also told the outlet that he would “file the first round of civil lawsuits within the next two weeks.”
Sandmann’s attorneys previously sent letters to 54 entities – including Democrat politicians, news outlets, and individual reporters – notifying them of a potential lawsuit. That list “continues to grow in number,” Wood told LifeSite, adding that Sandmann’s attorneys are “in the process of sending formal written retraction demands in conformity with statutes in states in which litigation may be filed.”
Wood also released a 15-minute video detailing the lies and smears perpetrated against his client by the media and others.
Rush to control the narrative.
(Reuters) – A high school student from Covington, Kentucky, at the center of a videotaped incident at the Lincoln Memorial involving a Native American activist sued the Washington Post for defamation on Tuesday, claiming the newspaper “vilified” him because he is white.
The lawsuit, filed in U.S. District Court in Kentucky by Covington Catholic High School student Nicholas Sandmann, 16, seeks $250 million in damages – saying that was the amount Jeff Bezos, founder of Amazon.com and the world’s richest person, paid for the Post in 2013.
“The Post wrongfully targeted and bullied Nicholas because he was the white, Catholic student wearing a red ‘Make America Great Again’ souvenir cap on a school field trip to the Jan. 18 March for Life in Washington, D.C.,” the lawsuit claims.
Sandmann “was unexpectedly and suddenly confronted by Nathan Phillips … a known Native American activist, who beat a drum and sang loudly within inches of his face,” the suit said.
Representatives for the Washington Post did not immediately respond to a request by Reuters for comment.
more at link
And this...more lawsuits coming!
The lawyer for Covington Catholic High School junior Nick Sandmann says he will begin filing defamation lawsuits this week, as the Kentucky school’s diocese released a private investigative report clearing students of instigating the Jan. 18 incident at the Lincoln Memorial.
“Nick Sandmann is 16 years old & has 2½+ years to identify accusers & sue them,” Atlanta attorney L. Lin Wood said Saturday on Twitter. “No member of mainstream & social media mob who attacked him should take comfort from not being sued in initial round of lawsuits which will commence next week. Time is Nick’s friend, not his enemy.”
more at link