HA/KS 04-Feb-19
kentuckbowhnter 04-Feb-19
Samwal 15-Jun-21
04-Feb-19

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
This is an interesting article.

https://news.yahoo.com/available-jobs-us-143220860.html

The fastest-growing job in each U.S. state Adriana BelmonteAssociate Editor Yahoo Finance•February 4, 2019

The unemployment rose slightly to 4.0% in January 2018, while the labor force participation rate hit its highest mark since 2013. Overall, the report indicated that the U.S. labor market is still chugging along.

And some jobs are growing faster than others. Construction and extraction jobs are in high demand in the U.S., along with installation, maintenance, and repair services. Production jobs are also quickly developing, as are mathematical and technology-focused occupations.

Solar panel installers are in high demand

A solar panel installer is the fastest-growing job in eight different states, including California, Hawaii, New Mexico, Florida, North Carolina, Missouri, Minnesota, and New Jersey. It is also known as a “PV installer,” and “assembles, installs, and maintains solar panel systems on rooftops or other structures.”

In 2017, the occupation saw a median pay of $18.98 per hour, or $39,490 per year. It’s projected to grow 105% by 2026, which is significantly faster than the national rate.

Statisticians are another developing job. They “develop or apply mathematical or statistical theory and methods to collect, organize, interpret, and summarize numerical data to provide usable information.” The field involves crunching numbers and includes mathematical and survey statisticians. There are various specialties, including bio-statistics, agricultural statistics, business statistics, and economic statistics, according to BLS. With a median annual salary of $84,060, it’s the fastest-growing occupation in Michigan, Illinois, Kentucky, and Connecticut.

Wind turbine technicians are also needed

Derrick operator jobs are very popular in North Dakota and Oklahoma, and in Middle America in general. If you’re wondering what the job entails, the occupation is part of the oil and gas rigging industry. It makes an annual median wage of $46,140, which translates to roughly $22.18 an hour.

There are more and more wind turbine service technicians in states like Colorado, Texas, Nebraska, and Iowa. The BLS defines these workers as those who “inspect, diagnose, adjust, or repair wind turbines” and “perform maintenance on wind turbine equipment including resolving electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic malfunctions.” Wind turbine service technicians see a median hourly wage of $25.91, or $53,880 a year.

Some of the fastest-growing jobs are a bit more unique depending on location (and the relative number of jobs available). In Georgia, you’re in luck if you’re interested in being a costume attendant. In Oregon, it’s more about animal trainers. In Idaho, exhibit designers are in demand.

04-Feb-19
Gotta call BS on the SD one. Everyone knows that cooking meth is the fastest growing job in SD.

04-Feb-19
Fastest growing job in CA: being on "public assistance"...

04-Feb-19
Costume attendant for Georgia?? I don’t know whether to call BS or cry. I think I’ll call BS, and if it happens to be true, it’s really BS!

04-Feb-19
"Fastest growing job in CA: being on "public assistance"."

Also known as wind turbines and solar panels since both industries immediately collapse without federal and state subsidies and forcing utilities to buy "green" energy at inflated prices.

My school was once designated as a school with rapidly falling test scores. When I finally tracked down the source of the statistic, it came from our 3rd grade statistics. We always met the standard with every kid. One year we only had 2 kids in that class. Both were great students. A new student moved in and failed the state tests. We went from 100% to 67% proficient in only one year (No Child used 3rd grade reading as the benchmark). We were then designated by the state as a school at risk and got a $240,000 reading grant all due to a kid who only attended our school for a few weeks before he moved away. Needless to say the next year we were one of the fastest improving schools.

If an industry employs very few people and suddenly employs more due to "green" money then that industry will show great job gain rates without actually employing very many people compared to most occupations in the state.

04-Feb-19
Amazing how solar panels are so in demand yet we haven’t heard a single tree hugger bitch about chopping trees down for solar panels. Makes sense?

04-Feb-19
Minnesota - Solar panel installer? Really?? Give me a break..

I remember graduating from college with my brand new shiny fish and wildlife degree back in 1991. At the time you could sink the boat with DNR technician jobs...and a variety of other field technician hands-on type positions in the DNR...the state of Minnesota advertised a glut of these kind of positions. Go on there now and it's really easy to see we have evolved from a state that did things to a state that caters to the welfare state...TONS of touchy feely psychological and counseling type jobs, public health nurses, public housing administrators, welfare agents, linguists and interpreters, sociologists, and support staff for all these public service entities, etc..

Do we BUILD or DO anything anymore? Does anyone scrape their knuckles or get dirty...or do we just SUPPORT those that don't?!?! It's pretty sad when you think about it.

04-Feb-19
City sponsored, professional panhandlers at the intersections are doing good where I'm at now. Seen one dude that had one cardboard sign in his hands begging and 2-3 more signs laying next to the light pole where he was "based" at.

04-Feb-19
Solar panel installers in NM is a fad trade to support the new gov'rs stance on green energy. What they forget to tell you is that after a year or so doing this venture and earning a very minute amount of pay, you are unemployed with the skill set to work for a satellite or cable TV installing outfit.

Of course, the target labor pool is high school graduates not wanting to go to college and maybe a few going to college who need to "pay to play".

04-Feb-19
I see that a credit counselor is the fastest growing job in my state...........must be my fellow Michiganders have neither a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of.

04-Feb-19
"Exhibit designer ... in Idaho... really ?"

Like I said. If there were 2 employed last year and 5 this year that is a growth rate of 150% per year.

04-Feb-19
i live in ky and i see statisticians running around everywhere just adding stuff up so much you can't even drive anywhere or walk down the sidewalk, not. selling dope is the fastest growing job and it ain't even close.

05-Feb-19
it doesn't matter what the fastest growing thing is. The secret is this....get a job, work hard, be the best at it. Pretty soon get a better job, be the best at it. then get an even better job....be the best at it. Keep doing this for a few decades. You will do just fine.

15-Jun-21
What's the situation now? Have you ever heard about remote qa tester jobs? It is also a fast-growing statistical job, and some experts predict it could be one of the most popular jobs after the pandemic. It has many categories in which anyone could work, such as Content Manager, Copywriter, IT support, etc. They offer you the possibility to see the vacancies list and to apply to the most well-known companies as Java. I am amazed at how fast they grow up and how easy anyone can join their team. If you are a good expert, try it.

• Sitka Gear