Amoebus 08-Feb-19
07-Feb-19

MT in MO's Link
Just ran across this. New company being started up by old Cabelas employees

07-Feb-19
I had to chuckle at the email address, " HO Knows @ Highbyoutdoors.com

. . . . .

. . . . .

I wish them luck. Sporting goods, restaurants, and hotels are highly competitive for your dollar.

07-Feb-19
I hope they do well. Sidney took a major hit over the change to Bass Pro. They know the business and had a first hand look at what works and what doesn't.

07-Feb-19

HA/KS's embedded Photo
HA/KS's embedded Photo
I wish them well.

My wife loved working in the Sidney store and the people she worked with there in the 2000's. She has already cancelled her Cabela's card partially because they no longer have their own bank.

Highby Outdoors February 4 at 5:57 PM · First orders going out!

07-Feb-19
Hope it’s true. Wish them the best. If competitive, I’ll buy from them.

07-Feb-19
Most common item is 'Out of Stock'. Either they are doing incredibly well or ...

07-Feb-19
If they are out of stock, everyone else is too.

07-Feb-19
Highbyoutdoors? That sounds stupid. I'll pass. I don't shop cabelas or bass pro either.

07-Feb-19
Highby may be a former president of Cabela's. I think he was highly respected by Cabela's employees. Don't know if this is him or it is named in honor of him or no connection at all.

07-Feb-19
The owners name is Highby (hi-bee). If they offer good products, service and value, I'll be a customer.

07-Feb-19
Matt is Dennis Highby's son. Dennis was the head guy at Cabelas for time. Matt worked there as well.

07-Feb-19
Glunt, that makes sense. I thought the one I was familiar with might be past the time when he would want to start a new major enterprise.

07-Feb-19
Prices I've seen are in line with retailers such as Sportsman's Warehouse. Prices are fair and not out of line.

Remember, it's a startup and testing the waters. Only a fool at this point would carry a large inventory with intent to "give it away"...

08-Feb-19
HDE - "If they are out of stock, everyone else is too."

Doesn't appear to be true. The first 2 things I looked at (Humminbird ICE flashers and ZT knives) were out of stock at Highby and commonly available elsewhere. Maybe it is web site design, but it doesn't look good when you have a good portion of the display is not available.

Prices seem to be standard retail.

• Sitka Gear