slade 08-Feb-19
Spike Bull 08-Feb-19
Spike Bull 08-Feb-19
keepemsharp 08-Feb-19
Woods Walker 08-Feb-19
07-Feb-19

HA/KS's embedded Photo
HA/KS's embedded Photo
Where would trump's poll numbers be with honest reporting?

07-Feb-19
well, with 90+% negative reporting from the FNM/MSM, its tough ..... with the lies that come from sites like Buzzfeed/CNN, and 'anonymous' sources and so called 'reporters' from those places who are not investigative or unbiased, its a wonder he is as high as he is .... 49% approval today from Rasmussen ....

07-Feb-19
The news should be credible. It is not, IMO.

Certainly this has a negative impact on poll numbers for Trump and Republicans both.

But, do you think Trump's own style and behavior also have a negative impact on those same numbers?

Most here will react negatively to that question, yet as pointed out by Newt on his tour, the feedback he is receiving is Americans are growing tired of the fighting.

I am hopeful that our president is receiving that message, and based on his SOTU delivery, I think so.

Where would his poll numbers be when combined with the right substance, AND right style? Even with a press that still would not be fair, why give them more ammo? The only answer I can see is it makes some people feel better.

Win the battle, lose the war?

07-Feb-19
Prior republicans have not fought back. Where did that get them? I don't like his style, but it may be the only to deal with the loons on the left.

If he wasn't calling out the press, who would?

If he wasn't calling them out would he suddenly be getting honest reporting and opinions of his administration?

They would hate him no matter what he did. If the didn't have the tweets to criticize they would find something else.

07-Feb-19
Totally agree the press would continue to hate him, or any R.

But, it is the huge number of independents/undecideds that he must be concerned with, IMO.

07-Feb-19
How many of the average voters have no idea what Trump says or does?

How many average voters have no idea what the press say?

There was what 120 million voters in 2016. Trumps twitter followers is 57 million ruffly. The media’s viewers/readers is far less then that.

There have been times I wished Trump didn’t tweet that or didn’t say that. But I welcome his hard hitting words far more then the above.

08-Feb-19
I tend to agree, there are times I wish he'd shut up, but every time he 'tweets' it shows up in the press/media (left or right) someplace .... he has a stronger voice than the FNM/MSM....

08-Feb-19
Only in a Faux Conservative Mavericks world would appeasement be considered a virtue, so Rommneyesque..............

Where did that get Bush, he lost both congress and the senate, but then again he made the Mavericks feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel good and outward appearances is all that matters to them..........

Go cuddle up with your bowlib breathen........................

08-Feb-19
Michael,

Most here like his hard hitting words. He would be re-elected easily if only CF folks were voting.

Unfortunately, we are probably not representative of the majority who will vote.

I asked on another thread about not hearing names for Sec of Defense. If his style is making it difficult to hire the best, there will be more problems. At some point, you have to learn to work with others. It is a sign of strength, not weakness IMO.

08-Feb-19
It takes two to tango.

It seems very clear to me that Trump is more than willing to negotiate and that he is very good at working with others so I dont blame any of this on Trump!

Sure he is socially inept at times but this is not a middle school class president contest! I dont care if he is a complete jerk, with physical turrets, and as ugly as the bottom of a trash can so long as I believe that he is doing the right thing for this nation.

So far so good.

Now the press on the other hand.....You dont want to hear what I think of those lying, scumsucking, gutter sluts.....

Does he give them a little ammo, yes. Do they still make up bullcrap out of whole cloth? YES!

Where is the outrage with THEM!?!?

08-Feb-19
Spike,

Outrage against the press does not matter IMO.

If Trump turns enough folks off and he fails to get re-elected, think about the judicial branch. Look what Roberts just did siding with the liberals over abortion. Keep our eyes on the long run. Trump has been the best to move us in the direction we all want, but is he setting us up for to keep moving right after he is finished? I believe it is a fair question.

08-Feb-19
The press is much more sensitive to ratings than politicians. Politicians have to bow to the donors and their senior members. The press has to keep it's ratings on a daily basis. Unfortunately, hating onTrump is great for ratings on those outlets which are so left handed, if you will.

Trump Derangement Syndrome is so pervasive in their audiences that they cannot survive without attacking Trump. The funny part of this is that the Opress has painted themselves into this corner by fostering all this TDS in the first place.

Had they just given the facts TDS would be a much smaller phenomenon with little or no overall effect.

08-Feb-19
You may not like his style but he is not a politician, he is not a lawyer, he cannot be bought. All plusses in my book.

08-Feb-19

Woods Walker's embedded Photo
Woods Walker's embedded Photo

• Sitka Gear