JTV 12-Feb-19
TD 12-Feb-19
BowSniper 13-Feb-19
Fivers 13-Feb-19
JTV 13-Feb-19
TD 13-Feb-19
11-Feb-19

JTV's Link
The Democrats never did have any intention of settling the Border/wall/barrier budget impasse ... what they are pushing is a non-starter and is to make sure Trump dosnt get a workable deal .... we shall see

https://saraacarter.com/dems-border-proposal-making-this-entire-country-a-sanctuary-for-illegals/

11-Feb-19

JTV's Link
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/kellyanne-conway-democrats-shutdown/2019/02/11/id/902136/

11-Feb-19

JTV's Link
The Dems have 5 days to compromise and get a workable solution .... I really dont believe they were going to allow Trump a win in the first place... once again these Dems are putting Illegals ahead of America and its citizens .....

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/talks-on-border-wall-break-down-ahead-of-second-possible-government-shutdown

11-Feb-19
They have till tomorrow to have a viable deal. Processes and procedures dictate that by Tuesday evening there has to be something to go through the process to be voted on by Friday...unless I’m mistaken, we should know something solid by tomorrow.

11-Feb-19
Jeff's exactly right. The Dems never had any intention of negotiating on a deal.

In their minds, any deal which funded any of the wall would have been a victory for Trump and they cannot allow that, American's safety and jobs be damned!

11-Feb-19

Bowfreak's Link
They are going to lose. See Drudge. Trump is up to 52%. They better deal now before he cuts them completely off. They can save some face. The American people are with Trump on this and the beltway is shocked.

This is hilarious that he tweets his own poll numbers. LOL!

11-Feb-19
I hope our great president builds the wall with unappropriated funds, but if not it is time to call the crisis what it is and build that wall for the sake of border security. Which is directive one for the Executive Branch.

11-Feb-19
Not only do they not want Trump to have a victory, they know the wall will work. That in itself kills the entire Dem agenda.

11-Feb-19
70 x 2

11-Feb-19
70 X 4!!!!!

11-Feb-19
Bowfreak,

Could he depend on you or anyone else to tweet them?

The Rock

11-Feb-19
you aint gonna hear or see Trumps poll #'s on CNN or MSNBC I'll bet

11-Feb-19
THOUSANDS OF SUPPORTERS Line Up to See Trump in El Paso – Hundreds Arrive 24 Hrs Early – 75,000 Request Tickets For 8,000 Seat Arena

But the appeasement quislings will be sitting home.........hehehehe

11-Feb-19
Will the 'poo-poo-heads' also stay at home, slade?

Suggestion:

If you want to be taken seriously, stop posting as if you are a five-year-old!

11-Feb-19

nijimasu's Link
For those who take stock in approval ratings....

11-Feb-19
Rasmussen Tracking Poll ... one of the best out there as far as polls go ..

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Monday shows that 52% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance. Forty-seven percent (47%) disapprove.

Trump's highest level of approval since shortly after his inauguration.

11-Feb-19

JTV's Link
This is the type of crap the Dems are pulling with the so called "negotiations" ..

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/top-ice-official-slams-dem-proposal-to-limit-number-of-beds-in-immigration-detention-centers

11-Feb-19
Would love Trump to appropriate 11.4B for wall in emergency funding. Double what he asked Dems for. Win , Win, Win Chucky and Nancy have mild stroke!

11-Feb-19
I just don't see anyway for Trump to pull the wall deal off. Dumocrats are never gonna give in and declaring an emergency to build the wall will be tied up in courts for years.

Meanwhile south America is pouring into this country like never before. Unless I'm not seeing something we are watching the end of America as we know it.

When the dumocrats talk about guaranteed income its already happening. All you have to do is show up illegally and get your guv check.

11-Feb-19
Tiger eye the demons want Trump to declare an emergency so that can tie it up in the courts for years. The wall will never be built that route.

11-Feb-19
There are other funding routes Trump can take ... the emergency route would be fast tracked thru the courts anyways ... Trump will get his wall/barrier and the dems will look like the fools they are

11-Feb-19
First of all the wall recently built in California was also contested in the courts. There is more than one way to skin a liberal.

In terms of the proposed wall for the sake of border security the president is Commander in Chief of the military and the border wall are defenses that fall under national security. Directive one for the Executive Branch. Which falls out of the direct control of Congress. While the president needs Congress to declare war, he does not need Congress to send our military at his whim. Same for any national defense.

Secondly, we can begin building the wall in Texas which is part of the conservative 5th Circuit. He will not find a problem there regardless. With our military, and the USA Corp of Engineers is military, assigned to this national defense project the question is moot. This is a matter of national defense, not some senseless social program.

11-Feb-19

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
I tend to watch RCP for polling trends vs snap shot polls. Trump is upside down: Happy - 42.4.....Not Happy 54.2

RCP Average 1/24 - 2/10 -- 42.4 54.2 -11.8

On the positive side.....Mitch, Stretch and Chuck-n-Run are all lower than Trump.

11-Feb-19
I don't see how another gov't shutdown will be any more successful than the last one. This is all about Dems shutting down Trump, good or bad for the country. They don't care. They gain more in trying to win in 2020 and reversing EVERYTHING Trump stands for... not just the wall.

He has to declare an emergency. He should have already done it. This has been an emergency for years! Fast track to the supreme court. Let's have this fight out now and settle this issue once and for all....

11-Feb-19

nijimasu's Link
As of Monday pm...

11-Feb-19
"in principle" dosnt mean crap ...

"But as of Sunday, the group of 17 lawmakers tasked with clinching a deal still had two remaining sticking points: the amount of funding for physical barriers along the U.S.-Mexico border and a snag on Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) detention beds" .....( from the above link ) .... what else did the pansified Repubs given in on ...

11-Feb-19
If republicans agree 'in principle' to a weak deal that does little to really secure the border, I hope Trump has the balls to veto it...

11-Feb-19
70 X 10,000! That's the real reason. It's effectiveness.

11-Feb-19
Rocky,

He couldn't rely on me to tweet anything. I don't partake of any form of social media other than bowhunting forums.

12-Feb-19
HH I hope your right, but the dems sure are pushing for Trump to declare an emergency.

So I guess your correct I can't see it going forward without the dems holding up any progress.

Actually I see the dems tacking on several things to the bill that will guarantee that the Senate will not even vote on it cause they know Trump will veto it.

12-Feb-19
Yep, what 70 stated.

12-Feb-19

JTV's Link
the amount of money the lousy Dems want to give in the budget towards the wall/barrier/border enforcement is pittance and is no where close what Trump wants... he should tell them to go pound sand ....

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/02/11/gop-dem-border-deal-1-3b-for-wall-no-increase-in-detention-space/

12-Feb-19
they should put the detention beds in a cargo plane, let them go to sleep and when they wake up there are home. with a free ride to somewhere other than the USA

12-Feb-19
Uhhhhh...he’s on your team. Consider that.

12-Feb-19
Heck, Trump could accept this piss poor deal, and STILL go the Nat. emergency or use the other routes to get the money needed .....

12-Feb-19
I worry that Trump is going to reluctantly go along with this crappy deal. 55 miles of wall. That's friggin' it. Total establishment kick the can down the road to the next budget session. Again. Sheeesh.

And I figure Trump will sign it to avoid a shutdown, and get something more than nothing. But it will also keep him from declaring an emergency and building the rest of the necessary wall. Dems will call it a win. And if that's what actually happens, I would tend to agree.

12-Feb-19
I think the deal is getting Trump's signature. No way is he willing to be in the crosshairs (even if undeserved) for a second shutdown. I also doubt he'll go the route of an emergency declaration, mainly because too many GOPs don't support that, and because it's about 125% likely to get significantly stalled by lawsuit after lawsuit. In a strange way, I almost wonder if some of the lefties wouldn't love to see a declaration of emergency by DJT. There might be net political gain for them in the long game if he does that. His best out is to sign the bill and then find alternative funding sources which would be harder to challenge legally.

12-Feb-19
This is a matter of national defense. When a president sends troops without the permission of Congress in the dead of night to Syria or some other swine infested country there are no courts who can block it. It is no different here. And again, if the Executive Branch were to tolerate a court challenge then they would do it in the conservative 5th Circuit. They would begin the building in Texas.

President Trump could sign this bill taking the money as a down payment. Forcing a similar vote once again. He could use unappropriated funds. He could declare a national emergency. He has more options than this. The wall will be built.

12-Feb-19
Agree ^^^

12-Feb-19
Leftists and dems are nuts. Insane. Was reading a couple days ago how the term "wall" is NOT to be mentioned. It's not a "wall" (which they say would make Trump look good) it's a "physical barrier". Good grief, children's games. I guess if it makes a person feel better, go ahead. Make up a name for it if you want..... call it an elevated moat, man made thorn bush.... I don't care. It will be VERY effective.... and indisputably proven so..... it needs to get done.

Would a liberal leftist democrat by any other name smell as full of chit?

12-Feb-19
I have a feeling he's about to cave. As usual the Dems get to kick the can down the road, and avoid the consequences.

12-Feb-19

nijimasu's Link
as of this evening-

12-Feb-19
What I heard today is he'll take the money and sign it to prevent another shutdown, then either go the Nat. Emergency route or get the rest of the funds thru an alternate source.... the Dems will be made to look like the America haters they are .... and the EGOPers will also show what wimps they are ...

12-Feb-19
I think if he doesn't stand firm this will be his "Read my lips, no new taxes." moment and lead to his loss in 2020.

Hope I'm wrong.

12-Feb-19

JTV's Link
as said earlier, the Dems were never going to give him a full win, but Trump will still have the upper hand... take what he can on this and do the end around..... Yea, I would love to see him tell them to GPS ... I also would love to see him sign the deal, then while sitting there, say I have the Nat. Emergency papers here, I'm signing these also ...

One thing this has done, it has shown the Dems as obstructionists, who dont give a rats ass about America and its citizens.. it also shows how F'd up Washington is .... and McConnell is showing his belly again, as is the rest of the EGOP crowd .... The wall/barrier is being built, little by little, Texas has great plans and will be going ahead ... Trump still has the Ace card he can slap down, along with a few kings up his sleeve ... this aint over by a long shot ..

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rush-limbaugh-gives-blessing-to-possible-border-wall-deal

12-Feb-19
Pelosi said Dems wouldn't give a dollar...apparently, not all were in agreement with her.

I think I'd take the 1.7 Billion ('cause it's obvious that's about all they are going to give), then appropriate the rest from other sources.

Or tell them to "shove it", and appropriate the entire 5.7 Billion? Which is the better deal, and amplifies the rift in the Democratic Congress? Trump telling them to pound sand, does nothing at this point, but unify Dems.

12-Feb-19
As long as the Dems control the House, the Dems are not going to give Trump jack crap ...

12-Feb-19

JTV's Link
However, Senator Cruz has an idea ............

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/02/12/sen-ted-cruz-wants-to-build-the-wall-and-hes-going-to-make-el-chapo-pay-for-it/

12-Feb-19

13-Feb-19
How would we ever take El Choppo assets when most of it is in Mexico like land and homes and property.... that would be claimed by the Mexican government? All we have are the seized drugs, and the US govt is not going to sell seized drugs for profit. Sounds like fake grandstanding to me. The Mexicans would never sell El Choppo assets and hand the money over to us.

If we were going to make the Mexican government do anything it should be to secure their southern border.

Or we pull another Panama Canal maneuver and take a chunk of land to build our own fence on that side. A much smaller distance to cover with fence!

13-Feb-19
I heard something on the radio the other day, that if each State, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas, would declare States of Emergency, the wall could get built that way and the court hearings would be expedited tremendously since it would never make it to the 9th district court.

13-Feb-19
There are sections of the wall/barrier being built now, the $1.3+ billion will carry to this coming Sept. ... there is $23 million available it has been said at Trumps disposal .... Trump has the Dems by the nads .... he can either drop the Nat. Emergency bomb on them now, and it will work its way thru the courts and then SCOTUS will rule for Trump, by that time it will be closer to the election or use the $1.3+ B now thru Sept. then use the $23 billion, right before the election and then use the NAt. Emergency .... the Dems will bitch, whine, moan at either and there is nothing they can do to stop him .... a win for America ....

13-Feb-19
Just guessing you could cross NM off that list..... and from what I hear AZ soon.....

• Sitka Gear