Bowbender 12-Feb-19
spike78 12-Feb-19
pipe 12-Feb-19
spike78 12-Feb-19
Bowbender 12-Feb-19
slade 12-Feb-19
11-Feb-19

spike78's Link
Just came across this ammo from Liberty. All the reading I have done I never saw it until today. 9mm with a 50 grain copper bullet at 2000fps! The base penetrates 12” while petals break apart and spread out. Their is also a YouTube video of this stuff blowing through class 2 body armor. Check out this video.

11-Feb-19
JTV their is another video on shooting through a car windshield and it worked great. I also read a review where the guy said he put it through a car door that regular rounds would not. Stuff seems legit. The hard bullet goes through hard targets and fragments when it hits a soft target.

11-Feb-19

spike78's Link
Here is the body armor video.

11-Feb-19
That body armor video is pretty impressive !

11-Feb-19
I don't know if a 50 grain bullet would operate my Beretta. I use 148 grain hollow points. They work great on groundhogs.

12-Feb-19
I'd also wonder if it has any issues cycling or jamming semi-autos of various caliber/brand and any issues with barrel integrity. You'd be wishing you were using practice ammo in the moment of truth if bullet #2 is what was needed and your gun jammed/didn't cycle properly/exploded.

12-Feb-19
Also not good for LE. Who wears body armor? Cops, not thugs. Get some before these get banned.

12-Feb-19
I prefer to carry what LE carries. God forbid I ever have to use my XD or Shield to defend myself, the ammo I use shouldn't raise an issue. That ammo, along with the videos will.

12-Feb-19

Kevin @ Wisconsin's embedded Photo
Kevin @ Wisconsin's embedded Photo
We shoot these at work.

12-Feb-19
So do I :)

12-Feb-19
Check out Federal HST Micro loads as well.

12-Feb-19
The Federal HST loads have shown to be excellent carry rounds in both small and larger pistols. I carry it in both my Shield and my 19.

Be careful with the LE rounds if you carry a small pistol like a Shield. LE rounds are engineered for larger pistols like the Glock 17. In small pistol testing, they have a tendency not to get up to speed which causes them not to open up like they are supposed to.

I used to carry Hornady Critical Duty in my 19. It met all of the FBI's standards out of a 19 or bigger. Then I saw some testing of it out of a small pistol, it didn't perform very well. When I got my Shield, I just switched everything over to the Federal HST Micro.

12-Feb-19
Pat, I believe pretty much all modern 9’s should be rated for +P although I did read yesterday that Sig does not recommend a lot of range time with them as they will quicken an end life to a guns parts. It is fine to say practice a little with +P then carry defensive +P load and be done with it. As far as +P+ that is not recommended.

12-Feb-19
I stopped at a gun shop today to pick up the Liberty ammo it advertised and they said it flies off the shelf so they were out. Being the crappy state this is with no online ammo purchases I will have to wait!

12-Feb-19

Bowbender's embedded Photo
Bowbender's embedded Photo

Bowbender's Link
Here is the test report from Luckygunner. Reading over the data I selected the 124gr Federal HST's. Great penetration, expansion to almost 2X diameter while remaining intact.

12-Feb-19
Best bullet test on the web! That’s where I chose mine from. Wanted the Winchester Ranger T’s but none to be found. I don’t think they trust us civilian folk to have them.

12-Feb-19
Just for discussion purposes...for those of us that carry for pure self defense, and hope that we never, ever...ever get into a conflict, which on average by the way will last defensively only 2 shots fired, the awesome ballistics of this 9mm discharged from whatever semiautomatic weapon is still open to a load failure or recycle miss...especially considering how so many loaded mags are loaded for a long period of time. I'm just throwing it out there...I am just an old wheel gun guy when it comes to practical personal defense... And I understand that there are so many opinions on this.

12-Feb-19
Nothing wrong with a wheel gun. I guess at any given time you can have a failure whether it be from the ammo, mag spring, firing pin, etc. Now you have me wondering if I shouldn’t keep my mag loaded all the time.

12-Feb-19
I rotate my mags, maybe monthly. Swap out the full, and reload into the spare. I do know from my previous job, that springs compressed to solid height or close to it say 90% solid height will fatigue over time.

12-Feb-19
Lehigh Defense xtreme penetrators for pocket guns, Defenders for 4" and up. Besides with these and liberty ammo you are environmental "lead free" friendly.

• Sitka Gear