gflight 07-Mar-19
slade 07-Mar-19
DConcrete 07-Mar-19
gflight 07-Mar-19
slade 07-Mar-19
bigeasygator 07-Mar-19
01-Mar-19

gflight's Link
Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi recently warned Republicans that if a GOP president can declare a national emergency over a wall on the southern border, the next Democrat president could declare one over gun violence. Her threat envisioned future gun control actions without Congress. But that’s already happening—and it has made a shambles of constitutional lawmaking.

The Department of Justice (DOJ) issued the Bump Stock Type Devices Final Rule late last year. This criminal regulation retroactively bans ownership of bump stocks, an accessory that helps shooters fire semi-automatic weapons more quickly by bumping the trigger with their finger when the gun recoils.

When the 90-day compliance window closes on March 26, lawful purchasers of some 520,000 bump stocks must have either surrendered their devices or destroyed them. Absent judicial relief, this regulation will convert all remaining owners of bump stocks into felons without action by Congress.

But the various lawsuits pending against the rule are not about guns or gun rights. Rather, these suits ask whether DOJ may create new criminal laws without involving Congress. The Constitution’s answer is a firm no. New criminal laws must clear the twin constitutional hurdles of “bicameralism” (passage by both houses of Congress) and “presentment” (Presidential signature or veto override).

Even a staunch gun control advocate like Senator Dianne Feinstein has recognized that Congress must be the one to act here: “Until March 2018, ATF maintained that bump stocks could not be banned through administrative action. Legislation is necessary to ensure a ban is implemented and regulations are not tied up in court.” Likewise, the Obama Administration faced tremendous pressure from allies to ban bump stocks via regulation but decided that it could not lawfully do so unilaterally. A pen and a phone would not suffice for this.

01-Mar-19
Don’t think they won’t try to do it anyway weather Trump declared it a National emergency or not. And there is a big difference legally between declaring a national emergency for the border wall and gun control. There’s that little thing called the constitution!!

01-Mar-19
Ever think that quite possibly POTUS Trump did this to get Congress to do SOMETHING instead of just talk? It puts them in a bind...fix the problem, or admit they don’t have a leg to stand on.

Chess & Checkers. When will some see the light?

01-Mar-19
I post plenty of original thoughts.

You must not stalk me as much as I thought?

I posted thoughts on the unconstitutionality of this at the onset well before I substantiated it with any articles like this one from Forbes.

Then again there is nothing new under the sun so what is an original thought.

Is it original if God already knows I will think it?

01-Mar-19
What about the topic trumpettes?

I swore an oath to defend the Constitution of the U.S.

This is a blatent disregard of the Constitution by the President.

I expect Democrats to remain silent but some of the treasonous folks here really surprised me by outright defending a president writing criminal law and calling for the violation of due process.

Traitors really disgust me...

01-Mar-19
Rhody,

I don't like him because he is a draft dodger who is violating the Constitution and pushing gun control.

You only see me speaking on the liberal stuff he does. I have gave credit for his Conservative actions.

You Trumpettes are the reactionary ones as proven on this thread.....

01-Mar-19
The ban is wrong, the way it was enacted is wrong and so is anyone supporting it.

It's really that simple. Doesn't matter if the supporter is my best friend or worst enemy.

01-Mar-19
President directed the DOJ to write this criminal law. Reading is fundamental....

01-Mar-19
On February 20, 2018, President Trump issued a memorandum instructing the Attorney General “to dedicate all available resources to… propose for notice and comment a rule banning all devices that turn legal weapons into machineguns.”

01-Mar-19
Thinking it's about a piece of plastic is stupid. Bless your heart...

01-Mar-19

gflight's embedded Photo
gflight's embedded Photo
You should really check your perceptions or try to improve your reading skills. It's gets old having to rehash every thing barney style for you.....

01-Mar-19
Pelosi did say that, and, she is wrong as usual.

02-Mar-19
So.....folks think the bump stock is no biggie, doesn't affect me, IDGAF. Here is my issue, not so much with the bump stocks, but the actual wording. I do know that Florida's bump stock ban was worded so vaguely that it could be easily interpreted to include upgraded trigger systems that are used by many AR owners. So let's be careful what we don't give a f**k about. With a stroke of the executive branch pen, they created a new class of felons. We sent Trump to Washington to root out this behavior, not engage in it.

Been a supporter of Trump since he won the nomination. I like his street fighter, counter-punch take no shit from anyone style. Just don't support him on this.

03-Mar-19
Your King taking personal property from citizens without compensation.

Just like he tried to take the old woman's property with government help.

As long as he throws you bread at the coliseum you're good to go.....

03-Mar-19
I agree, Gerald, it's a very dangerous precedent to set. Of course, when a D president uses it to further advance gun control, the wailing around here will be deafening.

Matt

03-Mar-19
Matt,

I had come to believe that you were on a one on one basis with yourself considering politics. Your running to the outer reaches of the left has caught me by surprise a bit.

The Rock

03-Mar-19
I have seen so many of these guys discard what they supposedly stood for and shit on the Constitution for their King. Sad.

03-Mar-19

elkmtngear's embedded Photo
elkmtngear's embedded Photo
But, but...bump stocks!!!

03-Mar-19
Elkmtn,

I really want to think national reciprocity is a good idea. And as much as I would like to see it, I'm a bigger fan of states rights. The feds giveth....the feds taketh away. Never, ever forget it.

03-Mar-19
I'm a huge fan of State's rights but State's infringing on our inherent rights referred to in the Constitution over ride individual State's taking them away. The Feds also do not give us our rights referred to in the 2A. They exist naturally with no written document and are ours with or without the federal government.

03-Mar-19
Glunt,

Your last sentence says it all. If the government ever enacts legislation to remove the second amendment, our country no longer exists. It will be up to each individual to make difficult choices.

I do not believe, and pray, that it will ever come to that.

Live free or die.

03-Mar-19
"The Feds also do not give us our rights referred to in the 2A. They exist naturally with no written document and are ours with or without the federal government."

Fully understand our rights are enumerated, not granted by the USC. The BOR was written to limit governments power, not ours. But the fact remains, if the feds "allow" you to conceal carry, the feds can also disallow it as well. Centralized power with the feds is not the way to go. But hey.... go for it. The feds (DOJ) just created a class of felons. Kinda like Charlie Brown asking to Lucy to hold the football.

03-Mar-19
Trump was wrong on this the minute he supported it. Just like quite a few here, in your church, neighborhood, your family, etc... that feel the same way.

As far as draft dodging, there were millions of men who did the same thing. Many of whom will stand and trash an upper class person for going to school to get out of it, etc..... If that applies to anyone here I do not know nor was I implying that. Because, as long as America fights everyone's battles for the same freedoms our pioneers won for us, you are going to have a large percentage of men who aren't willing to go die for people so imprisoned mentally they don't even want us there.

We are still doing it today with the same sentiments. We will be doing it 100 years from now if the Good Lord don't come back before then. So, don't expect large numbers of American men to line up for the privilege to go die for people who don't appreciate it. It just doesn't make sense nor does it make someone a bad person. He had other options and he took it. For someone who is confused, it'd be hard to point out any president in history with more American pride then Trump has expressed and proven to possess.

03-Mar-19
The Republicans had the chance to do national reciprocity and didn't.

I am a states rights guy and agree with bowbenders comments.

All you trumpettes attacking the messenger rather than the Forbes article content just shows what traitors you are to this Country and the Constitution.

Just plug your liberal Gun Grabbing ears and go lalala, grown ups are talking....

03-Mar-19
Our system of government works on an honor system of sorts. The citizenry allows government to enact laws and collect a tax in exchange for preserving individual rights, liberty, and prosperity. When either crosses the line, they should be checked.

Same goes for states rights vs. federal. As far as any government "allowing" you to do anything is just a feel good antic...

03-Mar-19
"I can testify to a fact that California has passed anti-gun bills that make guns that I own that were legal and are now outlawed and me a felon for owning them."

And by the stroke of a pen and DOJ order (157 pages BTW), an accessory to an AR was outlawed, making those owning them a felon. That's on the federal level. All 50 states. Yea, potential jail sentence for failure to turn them in.

04-Mar-19
I swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution.

Trump violated it and I feel that those of you that support that violation are traitorus.

I am sorry Rhody that you feel I should be banned from this board for supporting and speaking for our God given rights and the Constitution.

04-Mar-19
HH, the point is not being buddies. But the fact that supposed Constitutional Conservatives have flip flopped their "Principles" to support their King.

04-Mar-19
"No Bill of Attainder or ex post facto Law shall be passed" ~ Article I, Section 9 of the Constitution of the United States.

This means you cannot be guilty for a law passed today that was legal yesterday. States have to go by this as well, they have NO choice. A gun legal yesterday, if owned, is not illegal for you to own today, but tomorrow you cannot buy one. You cannot be a felon because some dipshit legislature and gov'r decided they wanted to make it "illegal". Again, we do not answer to them...

04-Mar-19
^^^BOOM...there it is!

04-Mar-19
"you've made it personal because of those of us who are literate to know we haven't see this much conservatism out of a president for, well, maybe not since T. Roosevelt."

I think it should be "seen" since you claim literacy. Who was alive Here for T Roosevelt's term to "see" his conservatism?

I speak/type redneckish as my PM fan likes to say but you brought it up....

In your view his other good deeds outweigh violation of the Constitution. Not so in mine, I have supported things he has done well and spoke out against his support of gun control.

Voluntary ban or "get off" is still a ban because of the fact you don't like my opinion. Same principle as misusing thread tools to silence disagreement.

"You see gAOCflight, I'm secure in my position in life, I support the effort to keep the 2A as original intent."

I am glad you disagree with Trump regarding 2A then. So, are you only upset because you consider yourself a Trumpette rather than a free thinker?

Because, If you support the Constitution and think for yourself we should have no beef at all...

04-Mar-19
Wow there Mr. Red Flag, you have no clue as usual.

At this point I want Trump reelected. I just want him to get the %^&$ off the gun control kick but that is beyond a Trumpettes perception. You just don't want anyone to criticize your King no matter what, that sir is when it becomes treasonous.....

04-Mar-19
I shake my head everyday at your faux conservatism.

04-Mar-19
Libertarian HH.

When Trump undid Obama's guns from vets Exec order I had high hopes. Then the turd went and wrote one for redefining machine guns. He also let the whole Country know it was okay with him to violate due process, ban guns from 20 year olds and the friggin states are running with it.

0bama allowed Amtrak and National Park to stand as well as machine gun definition which makes him more pro gun than Trump.

Trump has infringed on the rights of over 500,000 gun owners just with bump stock property confiscation/destruction instant felons which dwarfs anything 0bama did in 8 years.

I have no respect for Gun grabbing draft dodgers. Glad he may have appointed good judges and I hope he gets one more big one.

Wasting money on feel good walls is just like gun control in pointlessness and raising taxes on imported goods for marginally better deals is assinine.

He has pulled some troops out of areas they can't win and changed ROE to be more realistic unlike 0bama of which I approve.

04-Mar-19

bigeasygator's Link
”When the facts are steel prices actually dropped in the last year”

Lol I love it when ole Pig Doc quotes pre-tariff commodity prices as proof that tariffs are working.

“In two separate papers published over the weekend, some of the world’s leading trade economists declared Trump’s tariffs to be the most consequential trade experiment seen since the 1930 Smoot-Hawley tariffs blamed for worsening the Great Depression. They also found the initial cost of Trump’s duties to the U.S. economy was in the billions and being borne largely by American consumers.”

04-Mar-19
some of my best friends are still in the mill's, US Steel and Arcelor Mittal ... they are as happy as can be with Trump... steel production is up, their paychecks are up .... it feels good to be a steel worker again they say ....

So you’re saying that your friends in the industry being propped up by tariffs (aka an additional tax on American consumers subsidizing their industry) are happy with Trump’s policies? Go figure...

04-Mar-19
Thanks for confirming what I thought you said Jeff. Again, I’d rather the market pick the winners and losers than the President. Curious, is it just the steel industry that you are okay with benefiting from additional taxes or are you ok with raising taxes for other government programs as well?

You’ve also confirmed exactly what gflight has been saying this entire thread. Conservative principles be damned. You’re perfectly fine with big government, big government programs, and the consolidation and expansion of executive powers as long as its for policies that you believe in. Don’t worry, you’re not alone on this board!

04-Mar-19
BEG,

I agree with a lot of what you are saying, and I am no fan of tariffs because consumers bear the brunt of them. Jeff obviously does not get that his steel worker friends are benefitting at the expense of others.

Here is where we disagree...the tariffs on China I have come to believe are just part of Trump putting pressure on the Chinese with a multi-prong strategic approach. Even our alliances are possibly changing as a result of this.

If this is true, I support Trump 100% on this and am willing to do my part by paying some higher prices. China seems to be the biggest threat to world order, and Trump deserves credit for confronting this like no other president has.

Reminds me of Reagan and his resolve against the Soviets.

04-Mar-19
I have no problem with holding the Chinese to task over their trade policies. I do, however, have a problem when we wage war by implementing protectionist policies that place the burden on the American consumer. I have an even bigger problem with Trump trying to make it seem as though the Chinese, and not you the consumer, are bearing the burden of these protectionist policies. If Trump is truly the dealmaker he says he is, you’d think he could put the pressure on China without sticking it to the American consumer as he has for the last year.

04-Mar-19
I am not a fan of Tariffs, never have been, but in this case it sure seems they are working and keeping thousands around here employed and well payed

Since it hasn’t quite sunk in for you, Jeff, I’ll say things a different way...you can say the exact same for wellfare, Jeff. Keeps lots of people well “payed.”

So I ask again, which group of people are you okay with the government propping up? That’s what tariffs do.

05-Mar-19
What did I miss, Jeff? You said...”tariffs are working...keeping thousands around here employed and well payed.”

I said of course they’re working for the industries they are trying to prop up. So I’ll ask again, what industries or people are you okay with the government propping up at the expense of the American taxpayer. I assume by your statement of the tariffs “working” that it’s at least the steel industry. What other industries are you ok with? What other people’s are you ok with? Just trying to understand if we draw the line at welfare being ok for steelworkers or is it ok for other people as well?

On the other hand, if you think taxes and tariffs are bad for the economy and bad for the American consumer, I suggest you choose your words a little better. You can see how gflight is confused by the lack of holding our leaders accountable for policies which consolidate powers with the executive branch and for policies that grow the government at the expense of the American taxpayer when people like you claim they’re “working.”

05-Mar-19
some of my best friends are still in the mill's, US Steel and Arcelor Mittal ... they are as happy as can be with Trump... steel production is up, their paychecks are up .... it feels good to be a steel worker again they say ....

....in this case it sure seems they are working and keeping thousands around here employed and well payed...

...if it wasnt for these tariffs on foreign steel, the steel industry would be in worse shape than what is was in years back...

....he has been good for the steel industry and the Port of Indiana“

Weird, wonder how I could have inferred that you support tariffs in steel. Goodnight, Jeff.

05-Mar-19
Arcelor Mittal...... Isn't that the huge Indian owned steel company, headquartered in Luxembourg?

05-Mar-19
Trampling of the Constitution is not a price I want to pay and it sets the stage for more abuse down the road.

Cutting taxes and lifting regulations is what has helped the economy but we have had no cuts in spending to slow us from the cliff.

Many things Trump has done are Democrat and you guys have gone full contortionist defending him.

I am going to rub it in your face when your whining about it down the road.....8^)

05-Mar-19
No.

If I want.

War on drugs creates a black market and crime.

Guys that got hurt defending the state should have support/medical treatment not necessarily a paycheck. SS is a Ponzi/forced insurance scheme for those who don't/won't save (see KPC I am not inflexible..8^)

The state should be limited, Freedom is letting other people do things you don't like.

Unless they part their hair in the middle and drink grape Nehi.

I do have more in common with DJT, I just don't support treating the Constitution like TP.

Yes.

We do see comments above. Trump’s tariffs are not only a new tax for Americans, but a policy of directly picking winners and losers in the economy.

I told you where I stand, Lets hear about you Hero....

05-Mar-19
BEG,

I agree waging war with trade hurts American consumers. Also agree that Trump paints everything to show how great he is.

But, I would rather wage this war with China, as opposed to an actual war. I am too old to be drafted, so if I supported war when I cannot go, it does not seem right.

I give Trump a free pass on this as certainly they know more of what is going on than I do. But not a free pass on disrupting all trade.

A weakened China creates problems for them closer to home, which benefits the world IMHO.

05-Mar-19
"Also agree that Trump paints everything to show how great he is."

I remember a lot of the Trumpettes railed on 0bama for his Narcissism, crickets...

Since I am truly better than everyone else I don't dog anyone who thinks they are....;^)

05-Mar-19
Wages have been going up too....

I just don't see that as an excuse to POG out on the Constitution.

05-Mar-19
"Tariffs took effect March 2018. Steel prices now are lower than then"

You keep posting the pre-tariff commodity price, which is being driven by excess supply and slowing demand, as some proof that an extra tax on American consumers is ok. You might want to brush back up on your microeconomics, PD. Thousands of jobs have been added to the steel industry, but it's still a net loss to the economy. Three billion a month in extra taxes, $1.4 billion a month in deadweight loss, $165 billion/year in trade diversions, plus the unnecessary and completely avoidable economic costs associated with the disruptions to the supply chain from all of this.

05-Mar-19
Come on snowflake, save the name calling for your PMs...lol

05-Mar-19
That’s the Pig Doc way, gflight. Can’t provide a thought without throwing out an insult.

It's a negotiating tactic dimwit

And I’ve said why I think it’s a dumb one. For being the master dealmaker he claims to be, I would expect him to be able to bring China to the table without taxing the American consumer. I also have a higher bar than basically “they’re talking” before I’d say anything’s working.

05-Mar-19
My mistake....

WASHINGTON — Two months after declaring all U.S. troops are leaving Syria, President Donald Trump wrote to members of Congress that he now agrees "100%" with keeping a military presence in Syria.

05-Mar-19
g,

I posted that a few days ago to crickets. We run a good man through the mill that was right about the strategy over there. Production!

06-Mar-19
I mean clueless goes a little far, don’t you think? Haha

I’ve been a part and privy to plenty of negotiations that didn’t involve trying to be the last person standing in a war of attrition. I would love to hear why you think this game of “I can hurt my economy longer than you can hurt yours” is working since you’ve provided all of zero evidence to back that up? The latest word coming out of the negotiations is that the deal is looking like a paper tiger and nothing more - commitments to purchase foods that would be difficult to enforce, weak language around IP protections that won’t go very far, some tariffs remaining in place on both sides, etc.

We’ll find out if the juice is worth the squeeze.

06-Mar-19

Grey Ghost's Link
Here's an interesting study by the Peterson Institute on the affects of the steel tariffs. Most notably this:

"Calculations show that Trump’s tariffs raise the price of steel products by nearly 9 percent. Higher steel prices will raise the pre-tax earnings of steel firms by $2.4 billion in 2018. But they will also push up costs for steel users by $5.6 billion. Yes, these actions create 8,700 jobs in the US steel industry. Yet for each new job, steel firms will earn $270,000 of additional pre-tax profits. And steel users will pay an extra $650,000 for each job created."

Matt

06-Mar-19

Grey Ghost's embedded Photo
Grey Ghost's embedded Photo

Grey Ghost's Link
As BEG already stated, steel prices have dropped because of lower global demand . That said, US steel is over $300 per ton more expensive than Chinese steel right now. Before the tariffs, the gap was less than $200 per ton.

Matt

06-Mar-19
How much steel do you purchase, Pig Doc? I can tell you we’re still seeing a ~20% increase in the price of most of steel products when compared year-on-year. Pricing for the products made from steel doesn’t fluctuate on the levels and frequency of the commodity price - these manufacturers are doing all they can to insulate themselves from the volatility and the exposure. Not to mention there is now 25% tax built into the price that doesn’t show up in the commodity price. I find it particularly funny that you keep touting the current commodity price as a success and a good thing when the end of the year drop was largely driven by China flooding the market with excess production (along with slowing global demand). You want to call out the micro “101 deep thinkers” but apparently you need to dust off your text books.

06-Mar-19
Trade deficit highest it's been since 2008....

06-Mar-19
Trade deficit highest it's been since 2008....

In goods, the trade deficit was the highest ever, including the highest ever with China.

06-Mar-19
Until then I don't give two shits what steel costs

Could have fooled me. Youre the one that brings up the commodity price as some sort of vindication of Trump’s stupid trade war on everyone of these threads. If you don’t care about it, maybe stop doing that. Thi has been a very Pig Doc interaction: throw out some bullshit, get called on it, respond by calling names and throwing in a plug on how well off you are. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Can’t wait for the “huge” deal.

06-Mar-19
Que the, dconcrete is stupid and doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

BUUUUUTTT home sales are slipping and affordability is at the forefront of that. Interest rate increases, raw material increases, labor increases. It’s death by a thousand cuts. But hey, you’ll have your brand new f350 at whatever cost. Never mind the fact that it’s effecting an enormous amount of the population. But since you purchase zero steel, I’ll assume you don’t know too much about that actual game. Que the, you’re stupid and don’t get it comments and please tell me how rich you are and how handsome you are. I’m sure somewhere in the woodpile you’re a UFC fighter and your 12’13” tall too.

07-Mar-19
I'm sorry but what do steel prices have to do with home sales slipping???

07-Mar-19
Rebar is made of steel but I think we were talking about trade policy in general before PD started bragging about how good steel was doing....

07-Mar-19
If you read the post, you’d see that it’s lumped in with a large amount of other price increases that are driving down affordability.

Yes rebar is made from steel. So are necessary I-beams and nails and wire. So are trucks required for construction. It’s like your body, has a lot of moving parts.

Price increases effect a lot. And not that it matters, but I just received my letters again from the only available mills that deliver to SLC. Another increase on steel.

07-Mar-19
The ECB is reversing course and moving to add stimulus to what they see is as the beginning of a global slowdown.

GDP in our fourth quarter cooled to 2.6%, with some at the Fed predicting 2019 to come in at .4% for the year.

Trade barriers going up I think has to be adding to other forces at play. We will see.

07-Mar-19
"GDP in our fourth quarter cooled to 2.6%, with some at the Fed predicting 2019 to come in at .4% for the year."

But Piggy will still have his new F350. That's what's important, after all.

Matt

07-Mar-19
Ok who let Pig Dung out of his cage and didn't put him back?

07-Mar-19
We should all strive for wealth great enough to insulate us against the business cycle. I think that is Chad's point?

07-Mar-19

bigeasygator's embedded Photo
bigeasygator's embedded Photo
On the plus side, we only need the Dow to drop about 400 more points and then Trump can tweet about how incredible it is that the Dow is hitting 25,000 for the FOURTH time in the last 15 months.

Seems from many of the headlines out now he’s eager to sign a deal as he’s seen the positive blips have occurred in the markets when positive news around trade talks come out. He’s of the opinion that this will supercharge the markets and he can ride that to re-election. Personally, I have no doubt that some sort of “deal” will be signed and that the market will respond positively when it does. My guess is that bump in the market will be short lived as a lot of this has been priced in and the deal itself will stop short if meaningful structural changes and be lacking on enforcement measures - rolling back some tariffs, some likely to remain, purchase commitments lacking in timeframes or enforcement details, etc. It won’t meet my definition of “huge,” but seeing how PD believes tariffs are “working” because China is at the table, I’m sure it’ll meet his.

07-Mar-19
So we are to believe homes are now unaffordable because the cost of nails, 1010 wire and joist hangers cost went up along with all of the brand new trucks the builders are being forced to buy...........................

07-Mar-19
I think Chad's point is anyone who disagrees with him are "clueless dopes" and "dimwits". And when his argument runs out of steam, his bail out is to remind us how rich he is, as if that somehow validates his argument. Pretty shallow, if you ask me.

And for the record, I hope Chad is able to say "I told you so". Until then, I will remain skeptical about the tariffs.

Matt

07-Mar-19
Who is chad?

07-Mar-19
Pigdoc

07-Mar-19
Well Slade, I know you’re not this simple. I love the comment about brand new trucks contractors are forced to buy.

Batch plants, lots of steel. Cement trucks, lots of steel. Concrete pumps, lots of steel.

Houses, lots of steel.

And again, since you don’t want to read the whole post, it’s a giant combination of a lot of increases that simply aren’t good.

And yes steel increases are a major contributor to overall Price increases.

I know you’re not so simple to believe I’m saying that nail costs and wire costs alone are causing this.

If you believe home sales aren’t slipping due to pricing, then you aren’t paying attention. It’s a simple fact. What’s driving the increase?

Interest rates, price of land (this is probably the biggest)

Raw material increases. Concrete, steel, labor. It’s all out pacing wages. There is no doubt a looming slowdown in the economy. How bad? I don’t know. Nobody does. But it is price driven. That’s a fact.

It’s up to you to be genuine enough to deal with the whys and what we can do about it.

07-Mar-19

gflight's Link
Hopefully we will have a injunction soon on his unconstitutional crap....

07-Mar-19
""steel increases are a major contributor to overall Price increases"" for steel Yes, , for homes lots of Mumbo Jumbo trying to blame Trump's tariffs, quit embarrassing yourself..............

07-Mar-19
I was the builder on my home. 7 different I-beams, besides the other stuff mentioned. Those babies have went up nicely. I am not embarrassed, except when I look in the mirror:-)

07-Mar-19
LOL OK SLADE

07-Mar-19
Slade was all for censoring those who didn't profess love for Trump. JTV is all for no due process to support Trump. I take their comments for what they are, Trump Love Syndrome TLS....;^)

07-Mar-19
Glie is for Glying , same as always............

07-Mar-19
Contrary to what Trump haters have said repeatedly, steel and aluminum prices are lower now than before the tariffs.

Lol. You’ve been told multiple times that the cost of steel goods doesn’t end with the commodity price but yet you continue to babble on with this ridiculously flawed line of logic....and we’re the dimwits.

Tariffs ALWAYS deliver economic loss. Quit with the bullshit that they’re creating jobs. They always deliver deadweight loss. If you need to borrow my micro 101 book again to refresh yourself with basic economic principles, I’m happy to send it to you.

I’ve said all along I don’t care if it’s about negotiations, they’re dumb. They’ve already cost the economy $100s of billions of dollars, and unlike you, I don’t trust the guy that brags about the stock market hitting the same milestone a year apart to deliver a deal of real economic value to this country.

• Sitka Gear