Bowbender 08-Mar-19
ICON 08-Mar-19
BIG BEAR 08-Mar-19
ICON 08-Mar-19
BIG BEAR 08-Mar-19
ICON 08-Mar-19
07-Mar-19

Woods Walker's Link

From what I've been hearing on this, this POS has a long criminal record. If they can't find anyone to pull the switch on this a**hole I will.

ROCKFORD, Ill. (Sun-Times Media Wire) - A man was arrested following an hours-long standoff with police after he allegedly shot and killed a McHenry County sheriff’s deputy Thursday morning in Rockford.

During a press conference at the Rockford Police Department, McHenry County Sheriff Bill Prim said Keltner was a “fine young man” who left behind a wife and two young children. Prim added that Keltner came from “a law enforcement family.”

Officers with the U.S. Marshals Service Great Lakes Regional Fugitive Task Force tried to serve an arrest warrant about 9:15 a.m. at the Extended Stay America Hotel, 747 Bell School Road in Rockford, according to Rockford Police Deputy Chief John Pozzi.

07-Mar-19
Prayers out to him and his family and the Officers of his Department...... and to the Midland Texas Officer that was shot and killed on Tuesday by the homeowner when he was checking an alarm that was going off at the house.

07-Mar-19
I missed that one BB. Thanks for letting us know.

07-Mar-19

07-Mar-19
Prayers sent.

07-Mar-19
They just charged that home owner with manslaughter...

07-Mar-19
It is a shame that Police officers lose their lives in the line of duty. The fact remains that their job is no more dangerous than a construction worker or mechanic from one recent study.

07-Mar-19
sent from WA

08-Mar-19
You could probably find a study that says it’s no more dangerous to serve in the military than to be in a construction job ICON..... but what’s the point of that comparison ??

Prayers also out to the Sgt. In Tennessee that died on Tuesday last week from a gunshot he sustained 3 days earlier on duty.

And the Chattanooga Officer that was run over and killed while he was checking an open man hole cover last week.

08-Mar-19
Somebody needs to take the trash out.....

08-Mar-19
Big Bear, the point of the comparison is that until I read the survey I assumed that Police officers had a very dangerous job. When I read the statistics it put into perspective that Police officers on the job death rate was no higher that two trades. As a construction worker my job was just as dangerous as a police officer. Also, a year or two back the number of police officer deaths were almost identical to the number of deaths caused by the police in New York at 49.

08-Mar-19
Wow Jason.... You sound like you don’t like the Police.... “Caused by the Police” ??? Is that how you view the Marine Corps ??? They “CAUSED” deaths in Afghanistan ????

Do you do comparisons of the death rate of those in the Military compared to your profession ???

What is your point ???

08-Mar-19
Big Bear, it is not a matter of dislike or like with my cynical view of police officers. Can i say that i do not like police because i was considered prime suspect number one in my Dad's murder because the mental health defect i posses? Can I say that i appreciated a shot gun put to my head that night as I was on my knees with my hands behind my head being cuffed? Can I say I liked the detective that night telling me, "Your Dad is Dead and it is not from natural causes" shackled to the floor? Can I say I do not like the fact that the police have left my front door open two different times after leaving the house? I am just a cynic of the profession and I have valid reasons that I have mentioned.

08-Mar-19
Sorry to hear what you’ve been through. That’s probably too much to get into here on the Bowsite. Peace.

08-Mar-19
Big Bear i have a appreciation for police officers, but i have read the fact that, "10% of the officers cause 90% of the problems." I must be the unfortunate one that only has had dealings the 10%.

• Sitka Gear