ICON 09-Mar-19
ICON 09-Mar-19
ICON 09-Mar-19
ICON 09-Mar-19
Mike B 09-Mar-19
HA/KS 09-Mar-19
Bowbender 09-Mar-19
08-Mar-19
I am from a small town of 1100 people in the heart of Illinois. The village has its own police force. I hear people complain about the police constantly. I attempted to ask the village board for a Civilian Police Complaint Committee. The Mayor denied me because they are only on duty for 60 hours a week and the committee would be to much trouble. I tried to have them read Fordham Law Review "Municipal Liability for Failure to Investigate Citizen Complaints Against Police" so that they would understand it might protect the village from liability, but to no avail.

In Illinois there is an Article about a Board of Fire and Police Commissioners in the municipal code. The hang up is that the village has to have a population of 5,000 to be mandatory. Also, legislation excludes part time police officers. Which is the factor that defeats the idea. A referendum could be passed do to the village's size.

Since I was denied in the administrative hearing Illinois allows me to challenge the decision in court. What I do is challenge the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners with the Equal Protection Clause because the village is Similarly Situated as any Village with 5000 people and a full time police force. What evil is legislation attempting to control that excludes a smaller village with the statutory minimum?

Unbridled authority can lead to serious abuse of power.

08-Mar-19
What kind of complaints?

08-Mar-19
I've heard thru the grapevine that two officers like to harass women to the point of possible sexual harassment. The women are afraid if they make a complaint they will be retaliated with with another traffic violation. In the mentioned law review at number 2 reason for a civilian committee is, "provide outside (non-departmental) unit to receive complaints that the complainants can come forward with out fear or intimidation."

Also, the 4th Amendment constitutional violation is being abused for Unreasonable Searches and Seizures. There have been three DUI arrest thrown out of court because the officers were deemed not Credible on the witness stand, and another one for an arrest without probable cause. Those are just the ones I am aware of.

It has been written 10% of the police officers cause 90% of the problems. For a Municipality to turn a blind -eye and not reprimand the officer is considered an Utter Indifference to a problem, and that is actionable.

08-Mar-19
The town has 1100 people in it and you have 10 police officers?

08-Mar-19
When I was in Colorado I served on a local board that reviewed all actions taken by Child Protection agencies (whether there was a complaint or not) in the county. It was a small jurisdiction, so we met once a month and there were generally a small number of actions to review.

The system worked very well.

IF (and it looks like a big IF to me) it was not implemented with an anti-LE agenda, it could work with a police force. The process would have to be different from the one I was part of.

All government agencies should have an independent citizen review process. If nothing else, there are the courts.

If these women are so harassed but unwilling to say anything to officials, what makes you think they would come to your board?

If you are so sure that your police are corrupt, file a complaint yourself with the state Attorney General's office or the state police. If it's not the proper place to start, they will steer you where to go with our complaint.

OTOH, if all you have is people who don't like the police, you have nothing.

08-Mar-19
Henry X 2

08-Mar-19
JTV if you can't get your story straight don't tell it. If this thread doesn't interest you keep to your self.

HA/KS A Civilian Oversight would entail an ordinance which the Mayor seems to think is unnecessary. In Illinois to challenge an administrative board's decision one must show the Judge a Right ,Duty or privilege is being violated which is a very difficult task.

I would have to go back and research Illinois quo Warranto complaint process to go to the State's Attorney General

What I have discovered is the Freedom of Information Act allows me access to the complaints on or about the police officers. I received one complaint from the last 2 years. To me that is extremely hard to believe.Plus the officers name was blacked out. I received an email from the village's attorney today correcting the mistake. JTV I have more Mole in me than you can possibly know.

I also discovered in Illinois Appellate case law that an officer's personnel file can be aquired. Except for issues that pertain to his privacy. It has to pertain to what is done in the line of duty.

Another complaint that I hear often is why are our police responding to calls outside of the village limits of jurisdiction.

09-Mar-19
I love the power of my stigma.

09-Mar-19
I didn't realize I had to pass JTV' s background check to socialize on this forum. The beauty of it is I made an NGRI defense both times so I am not a felon. Therefor I can still hold public office, and JTV has dug up all the dirt on me that is out there. I am what I am.

09-Mar-19
Look JTV I have no idea why all of a sudden I have put a burr under your saddle so why don't you have enough courtesy to explain your self.

09-Mar-19
JTV, why don't you Wikipedia CyberCrime and see whose who and what's what.

09-Mar-19
Thanks for the highlight reel that you brought back into the public's eye not me. I really liked that one.

09-Mar-19
If the Bowsite had any problem with my posts or threads I am sure they would have been deleted to protect both of our interests.

JTV at this point in this thread I will mention 18 usc s2261A. I didn't ask for this abuse tonight. I hope you use your true name because i am going to show this thread to the FBI at my earliest convenience.

09-Mar-19
ICON, while I can't speak for him, I *think* what JTV is saying is that folks here would rather not discuss your legal problems.

With regard to your issue with homosexuals, they're gay, and are gonna stay that way. Get over it.

Good luck in your future endeavors.

09-Mar-19
"He who acts as his own attorney ....... "

Why does this thread remind me of the "vote at 16" thread?

09-Mar-19
Call the FBI.....for posting public information.....

• Sitka Gear