Grey Ghost 14-Mar-19
HA/KS 14-Mar-19
HA/KS 14-Mar-19
SB 14-Mar-19
Grey Ghost 14-Mar-19
SB 14-Mar-19
10-Mar-19

spike78's Link
It was said that global warming was drastically reducing polar bear populations but according to this survey that is not the case. Highest numbers in decades!

10-Mar-19
No, no. Martian populations. This could be very advantageous when we POPULATE Mars.

Liberals are some mentally depraved units of measurements.

The Rock

10-Mar-19
No sea ice where my buddy is going to perform surveys next week here in Alaska. But I’m sure the polar bears are doing just fine.

10-Mar-19
get up to speed knuckle draggers....the new term is "climate emergency", cuz it's gotten real bad, uhnkhay?

10-Mar-19
The sea ice is not so good right now in Nome, Ak.

10-Mar-19
The climate changes. The question is are we responsible for it changing and can we keep it at what we think is ideal through regulations and taxes.

10-Mar-19
Duh..... Silly peons, if you pay them enough governments can like, control the climate....

10-Mar-19
It damn well better change! If it stops changing then we're ALL dead.

10-Mar-19
The climates been changing for 4.5 billion years!....what else is new?

10-Mar-19
We cannot control any changes the global climate goes through.

Dino's couldn't, Ice Age mammals couldn't, Renaissance Europeans couldn't, and neither can we.

10-Mar-19
But Democrats can! They said so! All they need is more of our freedom and money.

11-Mar-19
I normally catch white perch in the river in late February and early March. It really gets good mid March and April. The white perch will start to spawn when the water temperature goes above 55 degrees. I haven't caught a single perch and the water temperature yesterday was 40 degrees right on the nose.

11-Mar-19
Just send the DNC a large check and they will tell you are helping climate change, maybe putting more jet fuel in their party airline.

11-Mar-19
We will have a lot of spring run off this year which may extend our white perch season by keeping water temps cooler.

I expect our lake level to raise 60'.

11-Mar-19
Briarcliff Manor HS honors student mentored by Paul Zeidan.

11-Mar-19
And the sound of climate change is thunder chickens in April, a bait cast real in June, a bugling bull in Sept, and a snowmobile in Dec.

11-Mar-19
It's junk science for more jingle ! The true meaning of green.

11-Mar-19
11-Mar-19
bowbender77,

Now that is an absolute and truthful "play on words". ;-)

The Rock

11-Mar-19

Woods Walker's embedded Photo
At least in Canada they're honest about it!
Woods Walker's embedded Photo
At least in Canada they're honest about it!

12-Mar-19

pipe's Link
This was interesting on Fox News this morning interviewing a gentleman involved with Green Peace early on. Man-made global warming is junk science....

12-Mar-19
"It was said that global warming was drastically reducing polar bear populations"

Yes because warmer weather always causes higher wildlife mortality rates and less food being available in the environment.

12-Mar-19

Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo

13-Mar-19
I'd take some global warming right now. Colorado is basically shut down due to a blizzard. Power is out for hundreds of thousands of residents, including us. Airports and most roads closed. National Guard has been deployed to rescue stranded motorists.

It's a mess.

Matt

13-Mar-19
I just saw on the weather how that part of the country GG is supposed to have 70 MPH winds. Make sure you have your lead shoes on!

13-Mar-19
Pretty messy out there today for sure! The wind was really brutal!

14-Mar-19
I wouldn't rescue those stupid people that were told 2 days ago to stay OFF the roads! If you are an idiot...deal with it! Why should others have to risk thier lives to save your dumb ass? Same as those Einstein's that are told not to drive on flooded roads!

14-Mar-19
A Colorado officer lost his life today when he was trying to help a stranded motorist and got hit by another vehicle that was apparently driving too fast for road conditions and visibility.

14-Mar-19
"Highline Electric Association Due to weather and road conditions we’re asking that members with tractors that are able to assist with pulling our trucks out please let us know here! We’ll most likely need assistance in the areas of: -Fleming -Red Willow -Wages -Haxtun We thank you in advance!"

They got dozens of offers of tractors if they need them. Many openly posted their phone numbers for all to see.

Farm people are great people. If you have never had the privilege of living in rural (real) America, you should try it some time.

14-Mar-19
85 here today

14-Mar-19
Funny Henry. Lots of city folks go help every time there is a natural disaster. Try being open minded, you will see there is a lot of good every where. I have lived in both, and that is my experience. I pulled multiple neighbors out of ditches with my pickup through the years. They called for help because they knew I would.

Real America is all of it! But, keep practicing that divisiveness learned from Trump. That's the Christian way to live, right?

14-Mar-19
Divisiveness began with democrats, and bho to be exact.

14-Mar-19
“But, keep practicing that divisiveness learned from Trump.”

Come on man

14-Mar-19
"Funny Henry. Lots of city folks go help every time there is a natural disaster"

.. . . .

. . . .

Henry never said otherwise.

"Try being open minded"

Henry is one of the most open minded persons on the CF.

Drink some coffee, Frank, you are not thinking straight today.

14-Mar-19
Thinking totally straight Tony.

Real America is all of it. Saying rural America is real America implies something to most, but maybe not biased folks.

Go back and read the windmill thread, Henry is not open minded, IMO.

HDE, it did begin with them and him, but it takes two to tango, or tangle;-)

Back to the rural comment, farmers with tractors. The least they can do is help pull people out with the equipment they were able to purchase via a couple of huuuge wealth redistribution schemes- crop subsidies and ethanol!

I guess that 'aw shucks, Gomer Pyle' routine works on many, but not those of us who recognize rural people are just like city folk, out to take care of themselves. Adam Smith sure was right, and he published his work in 1776, when we were all rural. Dang factoids, smugness :-)

14-Mar-19
Well, on the bright side, the snow has past and the sun is out. Our power was only out for about 5 hours, yesterday, so I consider us very lucky.

I spent all morning shoveling my drive down to the gate....about 300 yards. I had 36" drifts in certain spots and only a few inches in others. It was some of the wettest/heaviest snow I can remember. Thank God for my New Holland tractor with a front-end loader. I love that machine.

I still haven't seen a single vehicle on the county road. When the county plows go by, I'll hop on my tractor and go help my neighbors dig out, as I always do after the bigger storms. I really enjoy plowing snow, actually.

For the record, Frank, rural folks rock. Citidiots are..well..citidots. ;-)

Matt

14-Mar-19
There are good people everywhere. A year ago we spend a long weekend in NYC and I met a lot of great people there.

However, if you have never been part of a true rural community you have no concept of how the people who live there interact with and look out for each other.

14-Mar-19
Henry,

I very much am part of a rural community. And unlike you, I just didn't spend a long weekend in a city. I grew up in one, a very ethnic one. And folks always helped each other out, whenever they needed it.

I am not trying to be a jerk, it is just my perception that sometimes you base comments with little experience on something. A weekend is not going to allow you to see much. We have owned our farm since 2007. I spent as much time there as at our rural home in KS.

I posted here I was invited to a birthday party by a farmer family that we have become great friends with. It was a high honor. I have learned that they have the same family and neighbor squabbles as any where, but just like my experience on the east side of Cleveland, those are all forgotten in time of need. Watch how many people leave the big cities and head to a natural disaster to help out. Watch the news when hurricanes hit the east coast. Good people are good people. Country life is different than city, but they both have their good and bad.

14-Mar-19
Henry,

My wife and I moved from the Boulder area to rural central Colorado in 2000. As I was building our dream home, I'd periodically have to drive to the top a nearby hill to make phone calls due to poor cell service. Inevitably, strangers passing by would stop and ask if I needed help while I was parked and making my calls. That would never happen in the city, and it reinforced that I had truly found home.

On other occasions, we had neighbors, who we hadn't met yet, leave welcoming gifts in our mailbox. Again, rare behavior in the city, but common in the sticks.

Lastly, when my wife and I leave for a weekend trip somewhere, we leave our house doors unlocked, in case the neighbors need something, and they do the same. I doubt anybody does that in the city.

There is definitely a difference between how rural and city folks interact. Yes, I'm a bit biased.

Matt

14-Mar-19
We didn't lock our doors in the city while I was growing up. That came later, and not to keep neighbors out but to keep the criminal element out that came from outside the neighborhood. Probably rejects from the rural area;-) Just kidding.

Matt, Robin and I have built 3X. Twice in the city, once in a rural community. All three times we were inundated with food/gift certificates etc. from neighbors.

My tractor at home only has a blade on it, the one at the farm has a bucket. Since my back surgery several years ago I have never cleared my driveway of snow. No one on our cul-de-sac has to. One neighbor does it all.

I can remember in the city when someone took gravely ill. That family did not have to worry about preparing meals, or taking kids to school etc. Sure, there are differences, some being getting to know all of the neighbors in the city is a time challenge. And no doubt others as you point out. But the city is not full of idiots. Every time someone in my rural area has a health problem, that's the first place they head.

14-Mar-19
Frank,

I hope you know I have no contempt for city dwellers. I was an urbanite for 38 years, in both Denver and Boulder, after all. That said, I find country folks generally more friendly, approachable, generous and gracious. That's just my experiences, your mileage may vary.

Matt

14-Mar-19
One difference is the sheer number of people you have to deal with in the city. In a rural area, you can stop and ask if people need help. If you did that in the city, you would never get anywhere.

14-Mar-19
"I very much am part of a rural community." Is it a rural community or a bedroom community near a large city? There really is a difference.

14-Mar-19
A tractor with a front end loader is not what I would call "shoveling out" your driveway! Try 100 yds, with 6' drifts with a SHOVEL!!

14-Mar-19
SB,

I'd be in a coffin if I did 100 yards of this mush with a shovel. I've done it with powder, trust me, but not with this stuff.

Matt

14-Mar-19
I had a heart attack last year at this time shoveling. I think I only gone about 5 days in the last month WITHOUT shoveling! Most of this last stuff is like shoveling concrete blocks! Good cardio eh? Holding up so far ,but a bit worn out!

• Sitka Gear