Rocky 13-Mar-19
Brotsky 13-Mar-19
Rocky 14-Mar-19
Grey Ghost 14-Mar-19
Rocky 14-Mar-19
Heat 14-Mar-19
t-roy 14-Mar-19
11-Mar-19
Nick Foles and Jags have agreed to a 4 year $88m deal with $ 105M in incentives and $ 50 M upfront and guaranteed. Take them Jags to the promise land in 1-2 years Nick if they can get you some receivers who can catch the damned ball . Foles should really open up the field for Fournette carrying the rock and vica versa. The Jags hit the home run and DeFilippo must be doing cart wheels.

The Rock

11-Mar-19
Pig,

Defillipo has had a positive influence working with Foles one on one since he entered the league with the Eagles. He knows what Nick thrives on and I think you will see a different Jags team offensively this year right out of the chute. A couple of good receivers with that defense and they could make some waves. No matter how good Foles is, and he is, he can't throw the ball and catch it to. I am now a Jags fan and hope he has me clapping. I gotta go get me a Jaguars cap now and catch hell from my buddies. ;-)

The Rock

11-Mar-19
In cheerleader chant - "O V E R R A T E D"...8^)

11-Mar-19
I agree. Over every other GOAT who took the hit from BDN. ;-) You do know what BDN stands for I hope. ;-)

The Rock

11-Mar-19
I think the Browns have a better chance of winning the SB this next year than do the Jags.

12-Mar-19
That sucks for him...Was hoping he’d go to a better team!

12-Mar-19
An average QB goes to an average team, for way more money than he's worth. Sounds like the Broncos and Keenum.

Sorry, Rocco, I just don't see what you see in Foles. I wish him the best with the Jags, but I'm not expecting much.

Matt

12-Mar-19
I'm happy for Foles - pretty amazing contract for a guy who's just done the work and played as well as he could when given the chance. I wish he had 1 off day 2 years ago... Oh well, I guess the Pat's can win "every" Super Bowl :)...

That said, I feel like he's above average... Not next level, but above average for sure, and that's a huge upgrade for a team who hasn't had a good QB since maybe Mark Brunell in the 90s!

12-Mar-19
$50M in guaranteed money down the drain for the Jaguars. There's a reason this franchise is so inept. At least those incentives should be safe.

12-Mar-19
Foles is way over-rated and the Jags paid way too much for him.

His throwing skills are poor and other than dinking with short passes, he's not very good.

On passes which travel more than five yards beyond the line of scrimmage, he's ranked 30th in the league in passer rating.

12-Mar-19
The Jags are #32 in the league in terms of cap space. Worst in the league. Now, they're throwing another $30M of cap space at the QB position...after just giving Bortles a $54M extension a year ago!! No wonder they're the worst team in their division. I don't see that changing this year.

Matt

12-Mar-19
HEHEHEHE........You people don't know a thing about Nick Foles obviously. The Eagles do as they were shopping Carson Wentz and had NO that is NO takers as they were contemplating keeping Foles. Foles was an all pro in 2013 and won the MVP in the pro bowl when Chip "the lunatic" Kelly traded every all pro the Eagles had that year. Why? You tell me. Foles had 27 td's and 2 ints that year in 12 games. In 29 games with the Eagles Foles is 23-6 with an unmatched run of must win games including the playoffs. He has a stronger arm and quicker release than Tom Brady and unlike Brady can run out of the pocket. He steps into his throws and will take a hit while doing so. His MO by the entire brain trust in the NFL is that he does not get flustered, remains calm and the biggest stage is not too big for him. Now lets call a spade a spade. Every QB has rough patches and bad games, everyone of them. What is there not to like about Nick Foles except what the so called "experts" have previously claimed and were proven wrong, which you all must be referencing. I watched him from day 1. This is one very good QB and give him some weapons and he will make things happen. How could he not. He already proved it not once but, three different years.

Jacksonville will be better with Nick Foles than any other QB they have had. Get him some receivers who can catch and they will be in every game. We will see but I already know.

The Rock

12-Mar-19
Oh...btw....Nick Foles has the sixth-best career postseason passer rating (98.8) in NFL history...in history.... to go along with all his other records, and, how many games has he played again? The only player EVER to throw for more TD'S in one game (7) than he had incompletions. (6) The list goes on folks. What he can't do and everyone expects is for him to fly. Saddest story in the NFL if properly groomed one of the best...but he aint dead yet. Special athletes don't go easy as he has proven.

No other QB in NFL history has as many records in as few games. No one close.

Yes. A mediocre QB who comes off the bench COLD 2 years running and blows away the comp. I just heard the JAGS are working out their towel boy for a receiver spot.

The Rock

The Rock

12-Mar-19
The Nick Foles I've seen over the past few years looked like a pretty darn good quarterback.

12-Mar-19
Alabama!

12-Mar-19
Nick Foles career QB rating is 88.5, which ranks him 14th among currently playing QBs in the league. I'd call that fairly average.

Matt

12-Mar-19
Foles will definitely make the Jags a better team. He is a leader. He also has the skill to make plays. I, however, don't put as much stock in the QB position as most. I think even an average QB looks good if he's behind a good OLine. Look at how average a QB looks after spending much of his time running from the D. Now Foles will be behind a decent OLine this year so I think he'll flourish. And I'm glad the Eagles won't have to play him this year.

12-Mar-19
Rocky,

And Alabama was going to destroy Clemson in the Championship game, right?

How'd that turn out for you?

Alabama 16, NOT THE SEC 44!

12-Mar-19
gadan,

I agree.

Kyle,

What is your point about Alabama? How about all the times they won? That don't count? How about I was the only one here who said Trump would "landside" the bitch. That does not count either I guess because you never mentioned it. What are we doing here posting our wins and losses?

I am talking about Nick Foles. Not Alabama.

The Rock

12-Mar-19
My point is that you claimed to be THEE expert on football and constantly told us how dominant the SEC was.

Then Clemson destroyed Alabama.

Get my point now, Rocky?

12-Mar-19
Kyle,

No I don't. Show me where I said I was THEE expert on football and yes you would have to be foolish to say that the SEC has not dominated football.

What up? You didn't get laid last night?

The Rock

12-Mar-19
Colin Kaepernick and Matt Schaub have higher career QB ratings than Foles.

Just saying.

Matt

12-Mar-19
My memory fails me, how many superbowl MVP performances did Kaepernick or Schaub deliver?

12-Mar-19
Rocky,

NO one posted more stuff proclaiming his supposed knowledge of football than you did.

Not even close!

NOT THE SEC 44, SEC 16!

12-Mar-19
I don't believe for a minute the Eagles were shopping Wentz... Just saying...

12-Mar-19
Zbone x 2

12-Mar-19
Joe Flacco also won a Super Bowl MVP, but I don't see anyone anointing him a "home run" for the Broncos. Foles may light it up, or stink it up, in Jacksonville. We'll see.

I think the Jags overpaid for Foles, especially considering their awful salary cap position. They will have to shed talented older players with big contracts, just to make room for Foles' bloated deal. I think the Jags may actually be worse with Foles. It's the same trap the Vikings fell into with Kirk Cousins. How'd that turn out for them?

Matt

12-Mar-19
Kyle,

Name one post where I "proclaimed" my knowledge of football. You gotta move closer to a stream and trap a little more beaver. That should make you happy again. ;-)

Zbone,

Why not? How would you know so much about Carson Wentz? The Philly sports talk show guys with their inside information don't know or hear a thing I imagine. Forward your phone number and I will send it to them for all things football that you could inform them upon which they could ever know. They may even send you a invitation....

........just saying.

The Rock

12-Mar-19
Rocky,

Oh, PLEEZE!

Over and over and over again you told us how far above the rest of the NCAA conferences the SEC was and how ALABAMA was the best of the best.

Over and over and over again you told us how Alabama would destroy Clemson in the CFB Title Game.

Instead, it was ALABAMA which got destroyed by team which was not in your much beloved SEC.

12-Mar-19
As an Eagles fan, St Nick will always be special. Good for him with his payday. Here in Phila we saw how special he can be and it’s not all about his throwing motion etc... he is a leader and seems to have a calming effect on some of the other players, man the planets aligned Go get em Nick, I’ll be routing for ya!

12-Mar-19
I'd suggest one difference between Cousins and Foles... At zero points has Cousins looked like an excellent leader, or really, played at a high level against high level competition in a big spot. Foles has done that. Heck, even this year, he was not as sharp appearing as the year prior, but he helped the Eagles a lot.

Given a very good QB is both the hardest thing to find and the most important thing to find in today's NFL, the risk of overpaying there is worth it. If the Jag's have to cut/trade a really good D lineman/linebacker etc... Bummer, but survivable in today's league.

Not sure they have the horses to be the "next" big hit. But outside KC, who in the AFC looks capable of filling the Pat's shoes in coming years? Maybe the Colts? Texans? There really feels like there is a lack of talent, especially behind center. If Foles makes the Jags a consistent playoff team for several years, and they get a shot at the super bowl... sure seems a worth while investment by todays standards in the NFL.

12-Mar-19
Who can challenge the Patriots?

Certainly not Jacksonville!

If you look at Fole's stats over the past couple of years, they, at best, match Bortle's stats.

That does not spell 'WINNER' to me.

12-Mar-19
Kyle,

I most certainly did blow the horn for Alabama my favorite , your nemesis. I can not and will not deny anything I said or claimed about Alabama. I also said things in the past about them and they proved me correct. No one can predict perfectly who will or will not win a game of chance. All we can do is pull for our team that we believe is superior. I continue to believe the SEC has dominated the college ranks and has the record in National Championships to prove it. I also believe they will be a major force in college DIV 1 football in the foreseeable future.

As far as Clemson is concerned I said that Alabama would beat them easily, but, and you could check this out to verify, I followed that up in the same post that "Clemson is tough and ACC which is basically the same as the SEC". Read the remainder of that post and you will also discover I said the that the final could be Alabama/Clemson or Alabama/Georgia and "Alabama would beat them both on the same night". I was wrong and the sun shinned the next day as bright as ever. I did not see it that way but that is what I was told. I am presently in the Lenten season and must control my responses to be reasonable with respect regardless of the venom cast upon me. This thread was about Nick Foles and the young man's accomplishments and you manipulated that to target me that must have been burning inside you for some time. I understand when life is not all that it is cracked up to be occasionally for miserable old men. If you feel better about this unwarranted attack against me for childish reasons I submit as I would to a child, be myself right or wrong. If not and your anger is not satisfied, there are many more posts that I have made which you could reference my shortcomings. Cranberry juice in volume may help to ease your misery at this time of the month. ......but getting to the heart of the matter here....you should post evidence that I proclaimed my superior knowledge of football over anyone here on the CF or elsewhere. That hurt. That also was uncalled for and below a man of your age and experience. My opinion of the team or teams I prefer to follow and favor effusively or otherwise is my opinion and honestly my right as fan. You can and have responded in the negative but that is your right also.

I would appreciate an apology and from what I have gathered from my time here that you have impressed upon me that you are a big enough man to offer such, with embarrassing overtones aside and inconsequential , and myself to accept. It is not my intention at this time to rain guilt upon you. Handle this with the comfort and class of your convictions as you see fit.

Sincerely,

The Rock

......KS........

12-Mar-19
He!! Rock, I probably watch more football than those "Philly sports talk show guys"...8^)

12-Mar-19
Zbone,

I call in argue with these guys 2-3 times a week when football is in on both stations. You may be right because I DVR many games and sometimes these guys miss many plays. Other times they are right on the mark. They do get inside info though sometimes it pans out and others times just rumors.

The Rock

12-Mar-19
Matt:

Winning is more important than statistics. Some guy named Elway seldom had good stats, but he won. You may remember him.

12-Mar-19
bk,

Alex Smith had solid stats in KC but could never win a playoff game.

Rock, Matt owes you no apology. You came on hard about your knowledge, just as you did on the past Trump thread Matt posted. Enough said.

13-Mar-19
Umm, I don’t think Rocco is looking for an apology from me, Frank.

He and Kyle are cut from the same cloth. Both are bandwagon jumpers. ;-)

Matt

13-Mar-19
I will say Rocky that you never have claimed to be the expert on football and you have gone to great lengths to prove that point! :-)

13-Mar-19
Matt,

Thanks for clearing that up.

Frank, tsk, tsk, tsk. Hard to get happy after that blunder. Hey we all make them.

Brots, Now that was good.

The Rock

13-Mar-19
All in good fun Rock, good to talk football with folks who know the game, even if we don't agree!

14-Mar-19
Brots,

You like the game. Go to youtube and put in Highlights of T.J. Hockensen. This guy is out of Iowa and will be a game changer in the NFL. I am hoping the Jags draft him for Nick Foles who loves franchise TE''s. The only problem why they could pass on him is because their blindside tackle sucks and they must replace him and a top pick OT will be on the board at the same time. I am really impressed with this Hockensen.

The Rock

14-Mar-19
Rocco,

Iowas got 2 impressive tight-ends. That kid Fant is no slouch, either. Both will likely go in the top 2 rounds.

Matt

14-Mar-19
Matt,

Yes. I posted on the other thread about him to. They are saying he is going to drop a bit in the draft after his combine was not spectacular but this kid's size makes him go get it. I know you don't like Foles but if the Jags could bookend these two you may change your mind. Foles loves a double TE set. I am dreaming here though and will be happy if they sign one of them. I think I will put Iowa in the SEC by proxy this year with all this talent they are producing. ;-)

14-Mar-19
I went to school @ UofA where Foles played his college ball so there are few people who want to see him do as well as I do. That being said not so sure he is worth that kind of scratch. Played great as a role player off the bench but not sure he has what it takes for a long term franchise starting QB. Wish him the best of luck but if I was the Jags I'd be looking for another young QB in the draft.

14-Mar-19
I’m hoping that the Packers get either Fant or Hockensen. I would jet Graham. He was almost useless last year. I have watched every Hawkeye the past several years and not sure which TE is better. I think Fant is a better athlete, but Hockensen is a better blocker and doesn’t drop any balls and stays engaged even if he’s not being targeted that much. I don’t think they utilized Fant nearly as much as they should have. Iowa is turning into TE University. George Kittle is a stud out in San Fran. Scott Chandler, Tony Moeaki. Dallas Clark wasn’t too bad in Indy, either!

• Sitka Gear