Sitka Gear
More: You Can't Make This Up
Community
Contributors to this thread:
Woods Walker 11-Mar-19
HA/KS 12-Mar-19
Woods Walker 12-Mar-19
11-Mar-19
I live in the IL 14th Congressional District. Rep Randy Hultgren (R) was our US Rep for quite a few years and did a decent job, as well as promptly responding to any comments you sent him and keeping everyone on his email list updated on what was coming up, what he'd been doing, etc. This is behavior that ANYONE, regardless of party, should exhibit when they work for THE PEOPLE.

In this recent election he was unseated by Lauren Underwood (D), who went to nursing school, but never was a nurse. She worked on Obama's health care team and basically ran on that one issue with a LOT of $HELP$ from Soro's et.al.

Immediately after she was sworn in, I went to the 14th District's website and sent her an email expressing my opinion (in a CIVIL way....as hard as that was...) about the need to build the wall and get a handle on the illegal invasion. I didn't expect to hear from her immediately. After MONTHS go by, I finally get this auto-email back from her office today:

Greetings,

"Thank you for writing to Representative Lauren Underwood. We are in the process of establishing our correspondence program to better serve the people of the Illinois 14th Congressional District. We have received your message and we look forward to replying in the coming weeks. We extend our sincere thanks for your patience.

Team Underwood"

She WON the office in November. She took over January 3rd. So I responded..........

"It's taking you almost 25% of your 2 year term in office to come up with a system of correspondence??? What have you been DOING for the past 5 months???"

If she were in the private sector she'd been on unemployment by now!

12-Mar-19
"If she were in the private sector she'd been on unemployment by now!"

True of a high percent of elected people.

Also true of too high a percent of all government employees.

12-Mar-19
I'm a business owner. I was a small business (6 to 10 employees) and now I'm a microscopic one. If I were big enough to hire someone who's job it would be to handle communications with existing and potential customers, and if after 6 MONTHS they still didn't have a system set up they'd be L O N G gone. In all truth they'd have been gone after 6 HOURS!!!

This Congresswoman has a staff, that WE THE TAXPAYERS are writing the paychecks for. What in the hell have they been doing all this time?

I mean, IL. Senator Dick Durbin, even responds to my emails in 3 weeks or so......not that I really care to hear from him because I know what he's going to say, but at least I know there's someone actually working in the office.

• Sitka Gear