TD 13-Mar-19
Rocky 14-Mar-19
Rocky 14-Mar-19
Rocky 14-Mar-19
Rocky 14-Mar-19
Heat 14-Mar-19
Zbone 14-Mar-19
12-Mar-19
Browns Trade For Odell Beckam Jr… Cost them 17 pick and 95 pick this year and Jabrill Peppers...

Dang, I liked Jabrill Peppers, he had break out year last year... Although I trust in John Dorsey...

I have mixed emotions about it, OBJ is a head case, but talented... Just hope he doesn't wreck the locker room...

12-Mar-19
The Browns will now field one of the best receiver corps in the league for Baker Mayfield. The Browns ate the Giants clock on this deal if it gets signed.

The Rock

12-Mar-19
On paper it makes for a potent O in CL. H4W must be pumped :). I'm not a huge fan of "diva" wideouts. The guy is amazing, but if he kills the chem or causes them to not play "the open guy" then I'd question it. But on paper... It's an interesting development.

12-Mar-19
Go Browns. OB was fun and exciting to watch, all the time and he was mostly productive.

12-Mar-19
Yes, I am pumped Will. Diva or not, it's an improvement. We are tired of losing. It will be good for the league if the Browns actually show up for an entire season.

13-Mar-19
Giants fan since the 60's here.

Beckham was a Diva WR, and a distraction. Yes he was talented, when he is on the field. Missed a lot of games. He will make a one handed catch, and then drop an easy, wide open TD. Cleveland didn't "eat the Giants clock". Giants received a 23 yo, first round pick SS, this years 1st round pick, and a 3rd round pick next year.

He is already being a distraction by wanting more money from Cleveland.

Beckham burned too many bridges with the Giants. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

He is Cleveland's headache now.

13-Mar-19
Beckham to the Browns, and Brown to the Raiders. Two matches made in heaven.

Matt

13-Mar-19
Great deal for the Giants. Get rid of a locker room nightmare, add a class guy and solid player in Peppers and stock the cabinet with draft picks. Overall positive for NY, Cleveland's result remains to be seen.

13-Mar-19
Agree Brotsky. While OBJ is another "generational" talent, he is a distraction that we are best rid of. I don't think they lose much switching Collins for Peppers and I will happily take a step or two back with the skilled positions in exchange for a beefed up OL, which I think they have done with the addition of Zeitler. A good OL will raise everyone's game. Case in point being as good as OBJ was, you could not get him the ball consistently because of poor line play.

Don't be surprised if Giants don't use some of those draft picks to make a play for Rosen.

13-Mar-19
Not a fan of the "Diva receiver" but that term gets thrown around quite a bit.

13-Mar-19
My mistake guys. The 3rd pick from Cleveland is for this year, not next.

I like this trade even more.

13-Mar-19
OB, like him or hate him is one of the top receivers in the league and when he steps on the field he can take any safety in the league anywhere he wants which is going to make Mayfield's life a whole lot easier with underneath throws. Cleveland was no longer a doormat before the OB acquisition. They are that much more a threat with him on the field without him ever catching the ball. This team in 3 years has packed their roster with some real quality ball players. They are going to be a tough out.

The Rock

13-Mar-19

Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo

13-Mar-19
This is great for BOTH teams. Just at different times. Great for the browns right now and the next 2-3 year window. Great for the Giants in 2-3 years FROM now. Draft picks are draft picks,, they could end up taking 2 turds with the picks. It's one of those trades,, aske me in 3 years and I'll tell ya who won.

13-Mar-19
ouch....

that'sjustmean..... =D

13-Mar-19
Man, the Browns have really been busy loading up lately.

Maybe they've finally gotten tired of being the laughing stock of the NFL.

13-Mar-19
The Giants definitely got the best out of this trade, IMO. Beckham is a cancer. I don't care how many insane one-handed grabs he makes.

Matt

13-Mar-19
I've long considered wide receivers to be the best athletes there are.

But why are so many of them head-case prima donnas?

13-Mar-19
"But why are so many of them head-case prima donnas?"

My theory is it's because they are usually too small and wimpy to play more manly positions. ;-)

Matt

13-Mar-19
One day you are a 21 year old living on Mac and Cheese and Ramen Noodles. Then through the miracle of capitalism you are a multimillionaire doing your TD dance on the greatest stage in American sports and your picture on the cover of SI.

They are still kids playing a game.

13-Mar-19
TO is begging to play for the Browns just to pay his child support, which could be the GNP of the Ivory Coast.

13-Mar-19

Rocky's Link
Brots ,

Never was a Browns fan and never will be but those that are will be having some fun this year.

13-Mar-19

Rocky's Link
Yep....bad trade. BTW, the Washington Post is picking the Browns to win their division and possibly...?

13-Mar-19
What in the world are the Giants doing?

They've stripped their roster of all of their key players and now look like an expansion team at best.

13-Mar-19

Rocky's Link
The Giants traded jersey's with the Browns team from 2 years ago.

Two of the best receivers on the same team?..Jarvis Landry and OB? Wait a minute here..they both came from OH! NO...LSU? That is SEC.....;-)

The Rock

13-Mar-19
And that's got exactly what to do with how this trade works for the Giants?

13-Mar-19
Maybe they’re tanking,, Hoping to draft Tua......

13-Mar-19
Well, pump the breaks Browns fans (I've been one over 50 years), lot of excitement around here all these local talking heads are talking payoffs and Super Bowl contenders,,, and although it looks good on paper (kinda like a fantasy football team) games still have to be played, and lots can happen... Injuries, OBJ cancer causing distraction and turmoil in the locker room,,, I not yet convinced, the Browns can be the Browns, although I do have trust in John Dorsey, he's the best thing that's happen to them in 2 and a half decades and done more in 15 months then anybody in team history, and it all started with drafting Baker Mayfield number one... The man knows his football... He even moved up in the draft to take Patrick Mahomes in when he was in KC...

I am looking forward to next season...8^)

13-Mar-19
BB,

The way he played in the BCS I doubt it. ;-)

The Rock

13-Mar-19
Not to hijack..... the Jets are getting Bell I've heard? And.... they will still be the Jets. One of a few teams these recent years thankful for the Browns.....

14-Mar-19
TD.

Yep....they signed a great all around back who is a running back that can morph into a receiver. This guy is an all around threat no doubt.

Now if the Jags use their head they should draft this T.J. Hockinson TE out of Iowa, a TE who is a beast and they sorely need with the signing of Nick Foles and his style of play. I watched his film on youtube...WHOA. They have other holes to fill also but if this kid is on the board when they pick it will be hard for them to pass him up. Whoever gets him scores BIG I think.

14-Mar-19
Rocky, is Iowa in the SEC?

;-)

14-Mar-19
Frank, If Iowa and the big Ten keeps putting out players like this years crop of TJ Hockensen and Noah Fant they have found a new "some what" fan to keep my eye on. I have heard of these guys before but not to the extent of their abilities because the SEC just keeps you "mesmerized". ;-)

Frank look at the highlights on youtube of these guys.

The Rock

14-Mar-19
I was just kidding you Rock. I agree about the talent. But, I am very excited about the Browns this season. I am not expecting a SB, maybe the playoffs, but certainly a winning record. Cleveland will go nuts, and the city deserves it IMHO.

14-Mar-19
Frank,

No BS. All the moves Cleveland has made thus far puts them squarely in the hunt and then ANYHTING can happen. If Mayfield passes the sophmore jinx I think you are going to be more than excited because they have a defense that can get the ball to Mayfield. I am going to check on them this year as will many other people. Man, Mahomes, Mayfield, Trubiskey. Fun year in the NFL. The Rock

14-Mar-19
I agree it will be a fun year, as long as the Pats don't win again! I hope the sport gets back to the love of the game and leaves the politics outside the stadiums.

14-Mar-19
Frank,

That's a stretch. I got a funny feeling someone is going to sign Kaepernick this year and soon even with his impending lawsuit. We'll see.

The Rock

14-Mar-19
IMO the Giants got the better end of this deal..

14-Mar-19
BROWNS - The new America's team...8^)

Lots of people are pulling for them this year, Hard Knocks gave them a boost...

• Sitka Gear