HA/KS 13-Mar-19
HDE 13-Mar-19
Salagi 13-Mar-19
spike78 13-Mar-19
HDE 13-Mar-19
BIGHORN 13-Mar-19
spike78 13-Mar-19
13-Mar-19
For a while I was receiving discount cards from Cabelas about once a month. 10% off for spending 100, 15% for 250, 20 % for 500 etc. I have been planning to by a pair of top line binoculars and have been waiting for one of these cards. I don't think I received one in about 6 months or so.

Does the fact that Bass Pro Shop's now owns Cabela's affect this? Perhaps they have a different business model. Has anyone received on of these cards recently?

13-Mar-19
Seems to me I once heard Cabela's offers a discount for active or ex-military members. Might not hurt to look into this if other discounts are not available.

13-Mar-19
I haven't seen one of those - but, it seems that they ended quite a bit before the merger.

13-Mar-19
No more cards and no more Military discounts. The Beginning of the End!

13-Mar-19

HA/KS's Link
Does Highby have what you need? I have been very disappointed in what Bass Pro has done to Cabela's.

Highby is a startup ran by former Cabela's employees.

13-Mar-19
I think too many people were taking advantage of military discounts is the reason they ended them.

13-Mar-19
They ended the active LEO discounts as well when Bass Pro took over.

Johnny Morris is a great guy according to several people I know who have had personally dealings with him. The way BP and Cabela's have gone within the last year is not so great.

13-Mar-19
I used to receive them monthly so it seemed. I have not been receiving them long before the merger. In fact I have $130 Cabela’s dollars and am waiting on my coupon to buy a new pair of boots. I have until about hunting season to wait so we shall see. Using my card for work along with 20% off has enabled me to pretty much have free hunting stuff for the last 5-7 years!

13-Mar-19
^^^ and that is why they are ending it. Decreased revenues from discounts, and then having to increase price or cut cost to manufacture to make up the difference. Increased price and decreased quality causes people to shop elsewhere...

13-Mar-19
I still get my military discount. I just call the manager and he OK's it for me.

13-Mar-19
HDE but you forget that I made Cabela’s more with every swipe of my card.

• Sitka Gear