onX Maps
Bell the Jet
Community
Contributors to this thread:
Will 14-Mar-19
BIG BEAR 14-Mar-19
Heat 14-Mar-19
14-Mar-19
Someone noted this on the Browns thread and I didnt want to pull that off track.

I could swear there was talk of Bell to the Jets when he first decided he wanted to not play until being paid, like 18 months ago. So I'm not surprised he landed there. That said, for a pro athlete to not play for a season and a half is a LOT. So long as he stay's healthy, I'd bet he finishes the year strong... But it seems he never stays healthy all year, at least it feels that way in the old noodle.

It will be interesting to see if he can come out of the gates flying... or if he gets hurt multiple times and sort of sputters for a year or so.

14-Mar-19
I would think being off that long can only help his health..... not taking live shots..... I’m sure he stayed in the gym.

14-Mar-19
Not sure what his end game was but if it was cash he blew it by declining the Steelers' multiple offers of more money. Not sure what all the ins and outs were but on yearly salary his gamble did not pay off. Especially when you factor in a whole year of lost wages at the tune of over $14 million and other offers its more like $19 million. Dumb move! Not a bad deal for the Jets though.

• Sitka Gear