HA/KS 16-Mar-19
thecanadian 16-Mar-19
HDE 17-Mar-19
gflight 22-Mar-19
gflight 24-Mar-19
Annony Mouse 24-Mar-19
gflight 26-Mar-19
15-Mar-19
"JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. — A lawmaker wants to require some Missouri residents to own AR-15 guns.

Andrew McDaniel, (R-Deering), introduced House Bill 1108 on Feb. 28. According to the bill’s description, it would establish the McDaniel Militia Act, “which requires every person between 18 and 35 years of age who can legally possess a firearm to own an AR-15 and authorizes a tax credit for a purchase of an AR-15.”

Documents presented during the bill’s proposal said any person who qualifies as a Missouri resident on Aug. 28, 2019, and who does not own an AR-15, would have a year to purchase one. In addition, anyone who becomes a Missouri resident after Aug. 28, 2019, would have to purchase an AR-15 within a year.

In addition, McDaniel filed a bill that would require every person 21 years of age and older to own a handgun if they are legally able to. That bill, House Bill 1052, was introduced two days prior to House bill 1108"

Forced no, but would love the tax credit....

15-Mar-19
Nope!

While I like the idea, "That Every Man Be Armed," the government has no more authority to require that than they do to require that everyone have health insurance

15-Mar-19
You can transfer to the MO national guard and train the draftees. I hear they take straight leg rangers...;^)

15-Mar-19
Hey now, if you can force people to buy Obamacare then why not this? I mean, you have ZERO constitutional rights to have health insurance, but you most certainly do to own/possess a firearm.

16-Mar-19
Sounds like an interesting idea BUT it would require some sort of registration to prove you were cooperating. That's a big no no.

16-Mar-19
Nva x2 - I love firearms but the government has no business requiring their possession. And while I'm sure this is just a political ploy (long term or short), I don't appreciate the government throwing around compulsory edicts like monkeys throw feces. Eventually, some of it will stick.

16-Mar-19
This should be good - a gov't making you do something against your beliefs...

16-Mar-19
Nva X 3.

16-Mar-19
Nva nailed this one.

16-Mar-19
I'm wondering if it has to be a ar-15? A semi-auto .223 is not very practical in terms of a home defense/hunting round. I would like to see the bill get amended to include ar-10's and go nation wide. That way, my wife couldn't say crap about my 470 Rhino build.

17-Mar-19
^^^ not me! That means the gov't owns you from birth, a real batshit crazy idea to say the least.

22-Mar-19
Welcome....

SMITH & WESSON CLOSING MASSACHUSETTS WAREHOUSE, MOVING TO MISSOURI

24-Mar-19

gflight's Link
"Missouri may have just made the most monumental step towards freedom and individual liberty since the signing of the Bill of Rights. In an upcoming vote by Missouri’s state senate, the state is expected to pass a bill that would nullify ALL Federal gun laws and regulations, and make enforcement of those laws by federal officers within the State of Missouri a criminal offense. Republicans control both U.S. Senate seats and more than two-thirds of the seats in both the Missouri House and Senate.

Like it’s predecessor, SB613, Bill SB367 and it’s companion, House Bill HB786, would prevent all state agencies and their employees from enforcing any federal law that infringes the Second Amendment in any way, including gun registrations, fees, fines, licenses and bans. Originally authored in 2014, a former version of the bill was also passed, but vetoed by then Missouri Governor Jay Nixon.

“All federal acts, laws, executive orders, administrative orders, court orders, rules, and regulations, whether past, present, or future, which infringe on the people’s right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the United States I and Section 23 of the Missouri Constitution shall be invalid in this state, shall not be recognized by this state, shall be specifically rejected by this state, and shall be considered null and void and of no effect in this state.”

For added measure, SB367’s authors went into great detail on what federal laws will be “considered null and void and of no effect.”

(a) Any tax, levy, fee, or stamp imposed on firearms, firearm accessories, or ammunition not common to all other goods and services which might reasonably be expected to create a chilling effect on the purchase or ownership of those items by law-abiding citizens;

(b) Any registering or tracking of firearms, firearm accessories, or ammunition which might reasonably be expected to create a chilling effect on the purchase or ownership of those items by law-abiding citizens;

(c) Any registering or tracking of the owners of firearms, firearm accessories, or ammunition which might reasonably be expected to create a chilling effect on the purchase or ownership of those items by law-abiding citizens;

(d) Any act forbidding the possession, ownership, or use or transfer of a firearm, firearm accessory, or ammunition by law-abiding citizens; and

(e) Any act ordering the confiscation of firearms, firearm accessories, or ammunition from law-abiding citizens"

24-Mar-19
Here's some good news for those from Illinois...

FOID (Firearm Owners Identification Card) Ruled Unconstitutional In Illinois

Well, this should be interesting! Apparently a judge doesn't think that it is appropriate for the state to tax and regulate our rights protected by the 2nd Amendment to the United States Constitution.

People v. Brown - FOID ruled unconstitutional in IL District Court

Of course Illinois is appealing, and I assume that some judge or judges will eventually find in the state's favor, but if this goes to the United States Supreme Court we have a shot at winning.

Ignoring the patently offensive idea of an FOID, what's the point? Most purchases include an NICS and a 4473, so it's just typical government harassment. And since New Jersey is making noises about jacking up the fees for its own FOID, and requiring regular reapplication (instead of the current lifetime card), I have a vested interest in this case.

25-Mar-19
The current situation in Missouri is interesting. In general Federal Law pre-empts Missouri Law under the Supremacy clause of the US constitution. Which means , that where federal law and state law conflict (i.e. registering guns, background checks, licenses etc), the federal law prevails. But, the anti-commandeering doctrine prohibits feds from forcing the states to enforce a federal law. So for instance the Feds can't tell Colorado it has to prosecute marijuana crimes. So in this instance the fed can't force Missouri to enforce federal gun laws. The other interesting thing is that if we put these two doctrines up against each other, - the supremacy clause and anti-commandeering doctrine - the supremacy clause will win every time. However, the state of Missouri can't punish criminally punish federal law enforcement for enforcing the law....that's where the Missouri thing gets messy. If the feds ever want to dump tons of manpower into enforcing federal law in Missouri the state definitely cannot stop them.

26-Mar-19
Definitely a messy message....8^)

• Sitka Gear