KSflatlander 17-Mar-19
bigeasygator 17-Mar-19
Will 17-Mar-19
Grey Ghost 17-Mar-19
Mint 18-Mar-19
Will 18-Mar-19
16-Mar-19

BowSniper's Link
Is anyone familiar with this, and aware of some new/appreciable access to public land for hunting as a result of this??

16-Mar-19

Mike the Carpenter's embedded Photo
Mike the Carpenter's embedded Photo

16-Mar-19
I would like to think that Junior had his dad's ear on this one.

16-Mar-19
Ya think? ;-)

16-Mar-19
Ya don't pay attention very well do ya gun grabber.....

I give credit where credit is due and it is due in this instance from what I see.

17-Mar-19

SmokedTrout's Link
So which hand do we believe? The one signing this or the one not funding LWCF and slashing land management budgets?

It's going to be up to congress to fund this thing.

17-Mar-19
Thank you, Trump Jr. and Sen. Daines!!

Matt

17-Mar-19
It had bipartisan support from both sides.

17-Mar-19
Good stuff..... what ever happened to the push to allow trophies like polar bears and Ivory to enter the U.S. ??

17-Mar-19

Grey Ghost's Link
BB,

As I understand it, they quietly lifted the blanket ban on trophy imports, and instead made it a case-by-case permit only type thing. See link.

Matt

17-Mar-19
Smokedtrout brings up a good question. Overall is the Trump Administration a net negative with natural resource management?

17-Mar-19
It’s awesome to see overwhelming bipartisan support. Passed the House 363-62 and the Senate 92-8 (every nay vote was by a Republican FYI).

17-Mar-19
This is a great thing. More would be good. Overall, not impressed by the environmental approach, but this is a big positive and to be applauded overall for sure.

17-Mar-19
Now, let's get on with providing public access to ALL public ground, including the hundreds of thousands of acres of privately land-locked BLM.

Matt

18-Mar-19
On Long island there is a National Wildlife Refuge that is over run with deer. Way past it's carrying capacity. They have a lottery for bow hunting the property each year. About twenty people are picked and you are allowed to hunt for three consecutive days and must shoot two does before you get a buck tag. They have three groups doing this during hunting season. It's over 2,500 acres. I think it is a complete joke and instead of being opened for nine days of hunting it should be open for the whole four month season.

18-Mar-19
Mint - if they wanted to actually control the deer, yes... You would be correct. If the bio's want to control the deer but are scared poo-less of the storm HSUS/PETA types would create... You do the hunt you described. Ugh.

• Sitka Gear