Glunt@work 18-Mar-19
elkmtngear 18-Mar-19
HA/KS 18-Mar-19
JL 19-Mar-19
18-Mar-19

HA/KS's embedded Photo
HA/KS's embedded Photo

HA/KS's Link
"COLORADO SPRINGS – The DoubleTree by Hilton in Colorado Springs posted an apology to its Facebook page Friday afternoon for refusing to serve members of the military at the hotel’s bar Thursday night."

Cooler heads prevailed. Two employees no longer are employees.

18-Mar-19
Just more Liberal tweaks, committing career suicide!

18-Mar-19
well the two that got fired will have more time to smoke weed and attend bernie rallies.

18-Mar-19
Colorado Springs seems to be the one remaining hope for Colorado along the front range.

18-Mar-19
WOW!Military sometimes keeps business' alive.

18-Mar-19
Big OOPS in any town. Insert "Anglos, African American, Native American, Latino, etc" inplace of Military Personnel...

18-Mar-19
WTF man?

18-Mar-19
Something tells me there's more to this story. That sign isn't something the 2 employees made up on the spur of the moment. It's obviously a sign that was preconcieved and made for an intended purpose. Almost as if the hotel management was expecting to shut the bar down.

Matt

18-Mar-19
I wish that they would post the names of those two so that the rest of the business community could blackmail them and keep them from getting future jobs.

18-Mar-19
Big OOPS - no kidding. Home of the United States Air Force Academy. I'm sure someone was asked "what are you thinking"?

18-Mar-19
Also home to Ft Carson.

18-Mar-19
Ft. Carson and the Academy - whoo, that's double jeopardy. Seen places that service men couldn't visit on liberty --- "Off Limits" but not in Colorado Springs. Went shopping there at cash sales getting set to do my first ever elk hunt in Colorado.

18-Mar-19
So, no one finds it odd that the restaurant would have this pre-printed sign, including a plexiglass display stand for it?

Matt

18-Mar-19
My completely uninformed guess:

Some military guys were drinking in the bar and there was some sort of issue. This was a low-mid level supervisor/manager decision intended to result in a quiet evening the next night. Not well thought out.

18-Mar-19
"So, no one finds it odd that the restaurant would have this pre-printed sign, including a plexiglass display stand for it"?

Restaurants/ Motels/ etc. have those "holders" all over the place, they are cheap to buy...Trade Show standard issue.

So is ink for a printer...

18-Mar-19
"So, no one finds it odd that the restaurant would have this pre-printed sign, including a plexiglass display stand for it?"

I thought of that, but came to the same conclusion as elk.

However, there is almost always "more to the story."

19-Mar-19
The article says the Army folks paid to have their Grog there....which was there in the past too. Could be more to the story and the 2 employees took the fall.

• Sitka Gear