TD 20-Mar-19
MT in MO 20-Mar-19
NvaGvUp 20-Mar-19
bill v 20-Mar-19
NvaGvUp 20-Mar-19
SB 20-Mar-19
18-Mar-19

Shuteye's Link
I normally follow the flight when my son is going or coming across the big pond. He left this afternoon for a 12 hour and 8 minute flight to LA. 568 MPH at 35000 feet. It is cool what they can do with the technology.

18-Mar-19
Yes, I’ve done so many times.

19-Mar-19
Yes I have, and while I think it's kind of cool it actually surprises me that technology is available to the average Joe.

19-Mar-19
Yep. It's awesome to see and helps me time when I'm leaving to pick someone up at the air port, if the flight is someone coming home/to visit. Very cool tech!

19-Mar-19
Followed my Son on his trip to China and back, a few Years ago. Very cool app!

19-Mar-19
I use it for tracking traveling family for when I need to pick up. I understand the tracking status viewed is slightly off or delayed from actual for safety purposes. Someone may know more on that.

19-Mar-19
Well my son is back in the USA and right on time. Over 6500 miles and they landed right on time. Amazing technology. Now he has to fly from California to Nashville. Bet is will have jet lag.

19-Mar-19
First I've ever heard of it. I'm just glad I can track archery stuff mailed to me.

19-Mar-19
Yep, when work sent my wife to London I followed on my phone. Amazing the route they fly from Phx to London.

19-Mar-19
My son will be flying to the UK this summer and I will follow the flight.

19-Mar-19
FlightAware is greatest app in the world if you are a traveler. I know where the aircraft I will fly home on Thursday is right now. I know also know where it's been and what cities it still has to go through to get to me on Thursday. I normally know long before the airline tells me a flight is cancelled that it's not looking good and I can change flights before the rest of the stranded people. Right now I'm looking good to get home around 3 am Friday morning........I think I'm going to make some new arrows on Friday and get in a good workout.

19-Mar-19
Thanks for sharing...

20-Mar-19
What you can't see is if your bags are on the plane too!

20-Mar-19
South Farm one time I asked them in Philly, on my flight to Chattanooga, if they could have my bags go to O'Hare. They said they couldn't do that. I asked why not, you did it last month. I spent a couple days with no change of clothes. The hotel would clean your clothes but I would have to be naked while they did it. After that I carried on everything I needed in a bag that would fit overhead.

20-Mar-19
I haven't used it, but my family has quite a bit. They followed flights I was on from London to Johannesburg, and from NY to Moscow, and Moscow to Petropavlovsk. They were all a little freaked that there were periods where our plane was NOT on the radar :)

I think it's pretty timely. When my wife and I landed in Johannesburg, we turned our phones on, and immediately got text messages from my mom that she was glad we landed safely! Pretty accurate

20-Mar-19
As others here have pointed out, it's very helpful if you want to get the actual projected landing time rather than the scheduled time if are planning to pick someone up at the airport.

20-Mar-19
Only plane I've followed was the Draco build on youtube......

I've fired up my rino gps on the plane before (gps is passive, it actually connected, wasn't sure it would) gave my speed (ground, not airspeed) distance and eta to the airport we were headed to. Was pretty darn close too.

20-Mar-19
I've seen that video on the Draco build...Cool plane...

20-Mar-19
"What you can't see is if your bags are on the plane too!

My first rule of flying is:

NEVER check your bags if at all possible!

Not EVER!!!!!

I'd rather wear three-day-old underwear and the same pants and shirt for the three days than check baggage!

20-Mar-19
Yup. I’ve used it too.

My wife and daughter are taking a cross country trip, plan on watching thier progress on there too

20-Mar-19
Bill,

A few years ago my wife and I flew to Scotland and Ireland to visit relatives.

We were gone for 10-14 days and checked NO baggage!

OK, we did stay with an Irish cousin for a couple of days and were able to wash clothes in her washing machine, so there's that.

20-Mar-19
What's the point?

20-Mar-19
I like to travel light as well.....my wife not so much.

• Sitka Gear