Grey Ghost 21-Mar-19
Brotsky 21-Mar-19
DL 21-Mar-19
HA/KS 21-Mar-19
Trial153 21-Mar-19
20-Mar-19

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
I wonder if AOC thinks this is a center for higher learning?

20-Mar-19
DL,

You do realize that meme is total BS, don't you?

Matt

20-Mar-19
I wonder how many more counties you would have to add from certain areas of the coasts to make it true. My guess is not too many.

20-Mar-19
I think it would be hilarious if they did away with the electoral college, and Trump turns around in 2020 and smokes the dems by millions of votes anyway!

20-Mar-19
Dems response to losing: change the rules!

20-Mar-19
West - East coast would control the country, back to being servants of the left.

The Founding Fathers were brilliant at their time era for coming up with a solution where no state overrides the other, Rhode Island and Delaware were the primary reason of equal representation.

Would this even be an issue if Hilderbeast won, I do not think so.

20-Mar-19
There are to many of us small states who would NEVER submit to the dictatorship of changing the electoral college. AOC is a godsend for the GOP. Nowhere in recent history has someone so stupid appeared on the political scene.

20-Mar-19
I heard some blue states say they are going to give their electoral votes to the national popular vote winner. Who makes that call?

20-Mar-19
The Democrats cannot win elections based upon ideas. Instead, they have to cheat and change the rules...which is why they are so adamant about protecting the vote of the American citizen by creating means where illegals can vote and cancel the votes of legal voters.

Further, in areas where they have been able to concentrate their power, they change the rules to make it easier to steal local elections which further increase their ability to make honest elections debatable.

Democrats Attempt to Legalize Voter Fraud

The elimination of the electoral system is a face slap in every American citizen...even the Democrats...because it would turn control of this country to high concentration population areas and a big FU to the rest of the country. Good by to the US Constitution.

What this country needs is the removal of the 17th Amendment and have every states' two Senators return to being representatives of their state and NOT a political party. What the Senate has become is a super House of Representatives who put party ahead of the interests of their state.

20-Mar-19
Annony Mouse, EXACTLY!!!

20-Mar-19
ten million in LA county so the meme is wrong.

20-Mar-19
LA CTY 10.16 million (noted as having more people than basically the rest of the country sans a few states...

NY NY 8.62 million State of NJ 8.91 million Already totally blew the LA CTY population away and we only used one state and one city...

Just making sure it's really clear that the map at the top is total moose droppings.

And YES, I'm for keeping the Electoral College.

20-Mar-19
The electoral college worked fine for over 200 years until Hillary lost the election.

20-Mar-19
Wouldn't matter if NM gave all their electoral votes to the popular candidate - NM is stuck on stupid with voting in the likes of Michelle Lujan-Grisham as gov'r. The dem candidate is always the most "popular" anyway...

20-Mar-19
Governor of Colorado signed it two days ago, it's law.....

20-Mar-19
LA 10.16 Million people but unlimited voters... I'm for accountability to only Americans Voting.

And as AOC said "Free Electoral College for all! a place to learn about her New Green Deal for Nuffin! "

20-Mar-19
Most governors would find their "laws" have no real bite if challenged in a superior court...

20-Mar-19
Bush/Gore was the last time electoral college was a liberal travesty. Amazing that people don't get it! The difference and importance between a republic and a democracy.....

21-Mar-19
Kevin’s revised meme is still nonsense. N. Carolina alone has more population than LA county.

I guess the “translation” is still evolving.

Matt

21-Mar-19
I never cared for using ridiculously inaccurate memes to make a point.

Matt

21-Mar-19
Some don't care about credibility as long as it pushes their agenda but it just gives the other side an easy way to discredit the whole message.....

21-Mar-19
Posting inacurrate memes should be punishable by public humiliation and the loss of a job career!

21-Mar-19
I think we should get back to an election process that is more in line with what the founding fathers intended. Maine and Nebraska have the right idea, IMO.

Matt

21-Mar-19
"The difference and importance between a republic and a democracy..... "

All they (media, politicians etc) talk about is how the USA is a democracy. Rarely does anyone include the term Republic and when they do, most people have no idea of the meaning of the term...

21-Mar-19
Not surprisingly, you missed the point, Spike.

Maine and Nebraska award their electoral votes based on congressional district, not the winner-takes-all approach of the other states. I contend that's more like what the FFs intended.

If you think about it, the congressional district method would reduce the influence of major population areas like NY, LA and Chicago. Furthermore, the electoral votes of purple states, like Colorado, would be split between red and blue, instead of all the votes going blue. The net affect would more accurately reflect the will of the people than the current system does, and it would ultimately benefit the red team, IMO.

Matt

21-Mar-19

Will's Link
Ditto the meme point Matt noted. Most of the time the fire up the peak of Dunning and Krugers Mt Stupid in people. They are awesome for humor though - hilarious!

NC did have some nice election tampering via the R end though Matt... So perhaps they count as more people than LA County :) (Easy fellas... that was T'd up nicely and I had to hit it... I guess I'm in a mood this morning... Ha ha ha! https://apnews.com/2243c9ff7ebc4fbfab940849e4e8a230)

And here come the illegals stealing votes posts in 3...2...1...

Back to the point though. the EC makes sense. Occasionally I ponder if any shifts need to happen, but not elimination for sure. For example, if an area has far far more people, and it's votes essentially carry less weight, is that still a representation of that population? Essentially, if the EC's value is based on ensuring areas of low population still have a say, why do we penalize areas of high population?

My gut say's, that at a federal level, that still makes sense, if you have a gazillion citizens, then at the state level things may be different. But it's a question worth pondering.

21-Mar-19
I trust the Founding Fathers wisdom a lot more than the current politicians both Republican and Democrat.

21-Mar-19
"I trust the Founding Fathers wisdom a lot more than the current politicians both Republican and Democrat."

Then you should agree that the electoral votes should be based on congressional districts not the bastardized winner-takes-all system that it has evolved into.

Matt

21-Mar-19
There are around a dozen states that have passed laws to give all of their electoral votes to the winner of the national popular vote. Those laws would only go into effect however when enough states pass similar laws to add up to the 270 electoral votes needed to become President. Until that time the law is held in limbo.

21-Mar-19
Over one million illegals in LA county that they know of so probably way more. Don’t forget all the dead and buried voters. LA County Admits Number Of Registered Voters At 144% Of Resident Citizens Of Voting Age.

21-Mar-19
I would be in favor of a new Electoral College that gives one vote per county (or parish in LA) :-)

21-Mar-19
States can and already do award their electoral votes how the see fit, in accordance with their state laws. Good luck getting a conservative SCOTUS ruling against that. The only issue I have with allocations via congressional districts is that most have be defined by the corrupt gerrymandering of both these criminal parties.

• Sitka Gear