BowSniper 26-Mar-19
gflight 26-Mar-19
Deep Cut 26-Mar-19
TD 26-Mar-19
23-Mar-19

Habitat for Wildlife's Link
Very sad. Prayers to the family.

23-Mar-19
Suck it up buttercup! Some of us went through a lot worse than than in 'Nam.......and we're still around!

23-Mar-19
It is sad...how can such a young life with everything possible ahead for her decide thst suicide is the answer? How awful for her parents and friends. Bad things happen in life,...so sad her answer was suicide. So unnecessary, such a waste.

23-Mar-19
And a lot of you ain't, SB...

23-Mar-19
HDE...exactly!

23-Mar-19
It's too bad someone couldn't reach her in time.

23-Mar-19
Sad. Seems like snowflakes of today melt far too easily. Hope her family can turn this tragedy into something positive.

That can happen. My brother from another mother, Mutt, turned his grief into Benefit4Kids. B4K is still growing stronger and continuing what he started.

24-Mar-19
SB..respectfully, the thread is about a young lady who survived....while watching her friends die all around her. You were a soldier, trained to fight, and you were there to kill the bad guys.

She was a completely unprepared, innocent young lady sitting in a classroom at school, and she witnessed horrific things. Even the strongest person would be challenged to their limit trying to deal with it, just like so many of the soldiers who returned from 'Nam, Iraq and Afghanistan.

24-Mar-19
Horrible. Absolutely horrible.

So sad to hear these kinds of stories about young people that do something like this.

Praying for her family and friends in this difficult situation.

24-Mar-19
She wasn't even in the building where the shooting took place ????. This is a CNN news report, high probability media hyped, other issues could be the reason she took her life. Prayers sent.

"Aiello had been on campus the day of the mass attack but was not in the building where the shootings took place, her mother said, according to WFOR. "

24-Mar-19
With respects, there lurks more than survivor's guilt in her decision. God bless her and her family.

24-Mar-19
Very sad. It's easy to understand how someone with a broken leg can't run. We have a hard time understanding how someone with a broken mind can't cope.

24-Mar-19
Wow SB........ An alarming number of soldiers coming back from Afghanistan are committing suicide.... To react like that to a young lady that took her life is heartless.

24-Mar-19
Owl X2. A real tragedy for sure regardless of the reason.

24-Mar-19
Idiot kids. That stupid momo game talks them into suicide, too. Thank god they are prevented from voting.

24-Mar-19
That was my point BB, not everyone can handle mental trauma the same way. As far as "snowflakes", well, there are varying degrees - from 15 yr olds all the way up to 70 yr olds...

24-Mar-19
Seems like a lot of young people are offing themselves these days. Went to a funeral for a young kid we know that was just turning 16. He was apparently bullied, then his GF dumped him or something. He planned his exit from this world. Dressed up in his nicest clothes, layed down in the bath tub with the curtain closed, took a .22 handgun, held to the forehead and pop.

I think social media and the internet are to blame for a lot of this crap. Some of these kids see no hope out there. They have their faces in those phones constantly. I read a report somewhere where teens these days are spending 8 to 12 hours a day screen time. It's madness.

24-Mar-19
Not surprising when kids are taught that failure is acceptable by thier parents divorce. When they are taught that it’s ok to stand up in front of God, family and friends and make a promise until death do you part then turn around a few years later and break it. Then the parents shack up with a honey and shuffle the kids back and forth. In some families it’s an epidemic going back multiple generations. These kids grow up godless, parentless and ultimately hopeless. You have to have a license to catch a fish but any asshole can have a kid. MHO

25-Mar-19

Habitat for Wildlife's Link
Not just our youth.

25-Mar-19
Very sad. Gloryfing idiots like Hogg and putting him on the news all over does not help. All people like him do is scare people by keep bringing the issue up.

25-Mar-19
"I think social media and the internet are to blame for a lot of this crap."

BINGO!! Kids these days view their own lives thru a social media fantasy land. Their self-esteem is measured by how many anonymous "likes" or "friends" or "followers" they have. When their life and popularity doesn't measure up to others, they immediately think something is wrong with them, or their lives.

About a year ago, I caught my God-daughter stressing over how few "likes" she got on one of her instagram posts. Apparently there's some un-written rule that you should get at least one "like" for every minute that goes by after posting something new. Anything less than that is considered a fail. I tried to explain how absurd that was, but I might as well have been talking to the wall.

Matt

25-Mar-19
"I think social media and the internet are to blame for a lot of this crap."

Yes x2. Also include in this are the leftist. We only have 10 to 12 years left according to many politicians and learning institutions. They are not offering any hope for the future, why live?

26-Mar-19
How did they die? If they hung themselves their friends should be organizing a rally to ban rope.

26-Mar-19
Sad..... tragic really. Thoughts and prayers to the family to be strong... because understanding is likely out of the question.....

But shame on the media and others who try to make it about Parkland. If you look at the stats they are horrible.... chances are someone in that class will commit suicide.... just as they do in thousands of classes across the country that do not bear the statistical anomaly of any shootings at all....

Some of these kids crave attention so much..... they want that attention and drama it creates for themselves, that they know it will create... even if they won't be around to accept it.... social media has people living (and apparently dying) like they see themselves living in some kind of movie.... reality, life itself, not actually "real"....

26-Mar-19
Ban social media.....lol

Little more parenting I think.

While you think you are talking to a wall with your goddaughter you planted a seed. Hopefully her parents are doing the same.

If parents have an active role rather than a passive one kids are less likely to off themselves.

26-Mar-19
If that's true I guess it's better that they don't live to breed.

Seems to me a lot of folks find clinical depression, ADHD, and other named disorders as excuses to attach to in order to explain poor behavior to everyone around them a get attention.

But hey that's just me being logical figuring out something that's illogical....

26-Mar-19
I've known several people over the years who committed suicide. Hard to explain any of them. I just don't understand how anyone can come to the conclusion that they are better off dead. The only caveat I can think of that makes any sense is the person is suffering from some life ending illness that is only going to get worse as time goes by...Other than that, I cannot fathom the depths one must reach to decide that offing ones self is a good idea...

26-Mar-19
Maybe some of these young people should channel their rage at the people who left them defenseless in that school against an armed whack job. It'd be no different than if they failed to provide the school with fire extinguishers, smoke alarms and sprinklers.

You don't WANT a fire to happen, and you do all you can to prevent one from happening. But if it does you want to have all the means at hand to stop one. Shooters are no different.

26-Mar-19
Mental illness is terrible, and does terrible things to individuals, families and communities. I feel for her family, and the other folks - Dad from Newtown for example that committed suicide.

I dont understand the desire to grade or scale the value/motive of a person killing themselves. Clearly, they were extremely unhappy and had trouble understanding how to manage what they were experiencing. Trauma can create mental illness in those who otherwise would not have had it, or perhaps would have only been mildly effected. People who go through traumatic events have a higher suicide rate than those who dont... even when those trauma's are things they signed up for.

Stinks. Her poor family.

26-Mar-19
....And 100's if not more killed themselves yesterday due to undiagnosed or untreated mental illness. Where is the news story about those poor souls? The media narrative has gotten so stale and old at this point that I just can't stomach it.

26-Mar-19
Fat and lazy people are eating themselves to death every day, too. Smokers are committing suicide in slow motion. Heroine kills thousands if not tens of thousands.

People are going to die, and its probably best that we let them. Cull the weak from the herd. You can't force someone to be happy and want to live. The world can be a cruel place, but dreaming of rainbows and unicorns won't change it.

26-Mar-19
The weak fall by the wayside...good point

26-Mar-19
I wonder how the human race has survived through the millennia. The good old days of the Roman Empire, Genghis Kahn, warlords, serfs and kings, Vikings, ancient Greeks and Persians, European wars, World Wars, religious fanatics, where people were subjected to much worse, it is a wonder we are not a quivering mass of nerves.

26-Mar-19
Maybe in history mankind was too busy trying to stay alive to worry about living? Or was a person dying not any issue no matter the cause? Do third world countries struggle with this, is it as common? Or is this a first world problem?

• Sitka Gear