Contributors to this thread:
BowSniper 26-Mar-19
tonyo6302 26-Mar-19
Grey Ghost 26-Mar-19
BowSniper 26-Mar-19
Woods Walker 26-Mar-19
26-Mar-19

BowSniper's Link
Reading an article this morning, it appears the Pentagon is going to fund $1 billion more towards border fence costs based on Trumps emergency declaration. Would appear to be good news and progress.....

However - it says to build an 18ft high pedestrian fence? What the F ?? I thought we have been all through this before. 18ft high isnt enough, and illegals can scamper over it. We've seen night vision footage showing busloads of illegals climbing over short walls using simple ladders.

Trump tested and approved several 30ft walprototypes. Why aren't we building those?

Yeah, Congress screwed Trump and approved funding ONLY for existing (read - "shorter / ineffective) wall designs. But you'd think the emergency declaration and additional funding could support the new Trump sized 30ft wall design. No?

What is going on here? Can anyone weigh in with additional insight? Is there any evidence of a single mile of Trump 30ft wall ever being built yet??????

26-Mar-19
"Is there any evidence of a single mile of Trump 30ft wall ever being built yet?????? "

. . . .

.. . .

That is an ongoing battle between Ann Coulter and the President. She says DHS and ICE tell her not a single new section has been built, Trump claims there has been.

26-Mar-19
I'm reading the "new sections" that are being built near El Paso are just replacing existing vehicle barriers. They are a "bollard style" wall that ranges 18'-30' depending on terrain. I don't think any new walls have been built were there wasn't already some form of barrier before.

Matt

26-Mar-19
Trump shows photos of new wall construction, but not 100% clear if it's an upgrade/rebuild of existing old wall.

But even with the Trump pics.... NONE of it is the promised 30ft prototype wall that our experts tested to make sure it was damn near impossible to safeky climb over. I want a few hundred miles of "that" wall, in conjunction with existing wall.

It makes no sense. If the Pentagon is shifting money in support of Trump's specific emergency declaration, can't he get the big damn wall he wants???

26-Mar-19
Damn......just MINE the SOB and be done with it!

• Sitka Gear