TD 18-May-19
Pi 18-May-19
BIG BEAR 18-May-19
Owl 19-May-19
Bowbender 19-May-19
Pi 19-May-19
Annony Mouse 20-May-19
17-May-19
Don't forget the 'shrooms! If you're going to debase yourself you may as well go all the way.

17-May-19
When you leave, take two liberals back with you.

There, fixed it.

17-May-19
Not sure if you were trying to be tongue-in-cheek or not KPC, but I'm sure this has much less to do with "hey, let's go do some fun things and grab and abortion when we have a minute" and a lot more to do with providing cover for an out of state trip to terminate a pregnancy. These decisions aren't easy for and most want to keep things private.

Cant' say the content above surprises me. If you restrict people's rights, there going to go where they aren't restricted. If you make it illegal, they're going to find alternatives.

17-May-19
Why don't they just write the truth?

"Welcome to Colorado...where we'll help you kill your baby!"

17-May-19
Don't want and abortion? Don't have an abortion.

Don't like guns? Don't own a gun

Liberty and Freedom. What novel idea.

17-May-19
"...lot more to do with providing cover for an out of state trip to terminate a pregnancy."

I think BEG nailed it.

17-May-19
"We will not sit idly by and allow your health to be threatened." -The devil would be nothing without lies.

17-May-19
Trial , At what point is this an issue of "personal rights" (simple liberty and freedom) or more specifically at what point is the life of another being protected ? Their liberty and freedom!

Do we have a responsibility to protect one another ? the vulnerable ? the most vulnerable of all ?

Clearly we have laws that prohibit the infringement upon others... It seem that the two sides differ as to where the rights of "a being" begin or end.

At some point it is not about the woman only. There is your Novel idea .

17-May-19
Beg. Alternative are worth exploring. Billboards are not exactly keeping this private ... it's an announcement that affects our public and reflects our values.

Apparently : If we don't " restrict rights " some won't know rights from wrongs . The Law is for those that need to know the line that they threaten to cross. Just because something is legal does not make it moral. But it is the bottom line and not necessarily a persons right unless that law says it is. Therefore, when the law changes, the right is gone.

For moral people there is no need to nitpick about laws and rights ... We don't get that close .

17-May-19
What I have been reading is that some of these state laws are being passed as a way to "force" the life issue up to the SC. I hope so. I am very much pro-life, but have always felt the SC bi-passed this issue being handled legislatively at the state level.

17-May-19
Billboards are not exactly keeping this private.

I fail to see how a billboard highlighting that abortions are legal in a state will somehow infringe upon the privacy of a woman choosing to get an abortion.

And agree with your statement that just because something is legal doesn’t make it moral to everyone.

Everyone establishes their own morals and they aren’t the same for everyone.

17-May-19
Beg, That was not my point. My point is that when we post something publicly, it has an "implicit acceptance"- message that would/could persuade others such as young impressionable people. It is likely also offensive to many and may be considered hate speech.

The old billboard smoking advertisements for another example, that is similar to this.

She has the rights to privacy and others have the rights to not be infringed upon. For example the current removal of public religious objects, the mention of God, flying flags, expression of speech with clothing or hats ... for the sake of the offended atheists and such.

17-May-19
Missouri just did 8 weeks, waiting for Governor to sign.

Prohibition, War on Drugs, Human trafficking, you just force stuff underground. If their intent is to exterminate life they will do it.

Sad that those in poverty and rich liberals have no regard for life but I guess they think they are doing their part for global warming and overpopulation.

40% abortion rate among poor blacks, Margaret Sanger would be proud...

17-May-19
Beg, That was not my point

Well then I’m not sure why referenced me because the only reference I made to privacy was about the desire for many women to keep this decision to have an abortion private.

If you want to have a different conversation, then that’s fine and dandy, but it didn’t seem to have anything to do with the point I’m making which is why I responded the way I did.

17-May-19
No problem Beg.

In my opinion making a billboard announcing the " welcome all " for this act , in a public space, has nothing to do with a persons privacy . It infringes on other peoples rights to live without this in their face.

I referenced your comment simply to make the point that it is not a private act if its on a public billboard. It's a public notice . A sad and rather disgusting one at that.

17-May-19
“Infringes on other people’s rights to live without this in their face......”

Agreed....... I don’t want this crap nor the guy with the aborted fetus picture shoving this crap in the face of my family....

17-May-19
I referenced your comment simply to make the point that it is not a private act if its on a public billboard. It's a public notice

Understood, though I disagree that the nature of an act being public has anything to do with that act being referenced in any kind of media.

17-May-19
I think Big Bear has covered the reason ( other side of the coin) as to why we should limit public displays but still have full access to information when we search for it.

The next Billboard could be just as BB is concerned about. It could get really ugly.

17-May-19
If someone were proud to get an abortion they would not need it to be private and sheltered. They want it private because they are ashamed of what they're doing...

17-May-19
They were probably ashamed to get pregnant in the first place.......

18-May-19
Owl X2. Cut to the chase...... health indeed.... "if it saves one life...." seems a common argument. Well, not taking into account that of a child.....

Inconvenience is not a health issue.

18-May-19

Habitat for Wildlife's Link

18-May-19
And this great mind ends her prattle with "God bless" ... God help us.

And where did she get this idea ? "Truth is, most Americans are in the middle, but our politicians on both sides aren’t representing that very well."

18-May-19
Conservative Republican Trump Supporter employee of Fox News.......Who is Pro Choice........... WOOPS.......

19-May-19
Her argument deconstructs itself so I can't get behind it. By her own citations, she concedes mothers -at a higher rate - will endanger their own lives to get an unsafe and illegal abortion and we are to believe they won't get abortions when they are both "safe" and accessible?

That stated, we do need to remove the element of shame from unwanted pregnancy. That is particularly true in a society that perversely delays by years the onset on legitimate adulthood for our youth.

19-May-19
"Conservative Republican Trump Supporter employee of Fox News.......Who is Pro Choice........... WOOPS......."

Agree with Owl. When they bring up the "rare" issue of pro-choice, it flies in the face of pro-choice politicians cheering the passage of late term abortions right up until delivery, or the denying of medical care to those that survive an abortion.

19-May-19
Good post KPC. He points out the over-reach of current law on topic. ...That it is not a matter of "fundamental rights" but of due process. Let the process ,process.

20-May-19

Annony Mouse's Link
The Democrats took the bait... LOL

Great post at Patriot Retort...and true.

• Sitka Gear