Woods Walker 22-May-19
Woods Walker 22-May-19
Tonybear61 22-May-19
BIG BEAR 23-May-19
Feedjake 23-May-19
Pi 23-May-19
BIG BEAR 23-May-19
22-May-19
Hey...at least they're already dead and didn't have their skulls crushed while they were still alive. Besides, the Mafia's been doing it for years!

22-May-19
Do they have to be dead first?

22-May-19
I'd be too greazy for the soil.

22-May-19
How's this done...? If it's just doing a cremation and planting a tree in the ash, I volunteer to be a subject - but not for another 50-60 years (it would be fun to make it almost 100 years).

If its just tossing a body in a pile with some lime... That's not going to go so well.

22-May-19

Feedjake's Link
This link has a little more detail. It sounds like a decent idea to me. I'd rather have my body pushing up an oak tree than locked in a concrete vault.

22-May-19
I am ok with it as well. Cremation is in my future, and spread the ashes. Our bodies are just temporary vessels. Always thought cemeteries were morbid and a waste of land.

22-May-19
Yeah, I'm good with that..."eat me"! ;^p

22-May-19
I see nothing wrong with. Makes more sense then filling a body with formaldehyde and sticking it in the ground.

22-May-19
The funeral business is a racket..... they make you buy a box to get cremated in here....

Don’t use funeral services in Detroit...... several funeral parlors have recently been busted there for taking people’s money and then letting multiple bodies rot in storage areas.....

I don’t have a problem with this concept......I’m with Frank....... Cemeteries are a waste of land.

Edit...... I agree with trial..... What’s the point of pumping formaldehyde into a body before burying it.....??? To keep that natural beauty for another hundred years ??

22-May-19
I already have a spot picked out . There will be a little plaque that reads "Eric's Ash hole."

I agree that placing a body in the ground especially trying to preserve it is a strange thing to do and a poor use of real estate (Will they eventually tax the plot ?) . But composting is rather strange too. I'm a little concerned with where the compost will end up. Who will manage the body-soil ?

22-May-19
BB X2

22-May-19
Wow Lou.... Something we agree on..... :-)

Think about it...... This is America....... Why aren’t you free Pat to simply get a death certificate signed and then have your family use your backhoe and bury you on your own property ?? Cost free. Your family can have it’s own service at the burial if that’s what they choose.

Nope. Gotta buy an expensive casket..... Oh,,, And a cement vault to put that casket in...... And pay the funeral parlor for all that embalming and makeup........ It’s kinda creepy if you ask me.

22-May-19
I think the whole thing is weird. Funeral, embalming, casket, vault, and even headstone. Why even bother? Just let my body rot. Let the worms, bugs, and scavengers do their thing. Everything else just dies and is consumed/composted naturally... but oh yeah... we're 'special'.

22-May-19
BB it’s because the stupid rules this world . Someone would bury grandpa 3” deep and the neighborhood dogs would dig him up and spread disease. Almost every law we have is to prevent the stupid from being themselves so by default we are ruled by them.

22-May-19
Next step?

In WA, compost heaps will be able to vote Democrat.....!

Pete

22-May-19
Y'all are gonna be feeling pretty silly when you see me elk hunting in my new mechanical cyborg body.......

One of my Dads wishes was to be cremated and buried in the same urn as my Mother. (Actually my Dad passed first, but my Mom was mostly gone then and had been for some time, she lingered for years with Alzheimer's) Apparently it is illegal in CA to mix ashes at all and you cannot use just one urn. (or both buried in one plot..... 3 guesses as to why that is.....) They actually made a pretty big deal about it. My brother and I had possession of both ashes. When we were told we couldn't do what my folks had wanted, forbidden, against the law.... we just looked at each other and smiled. I almost laughed.... must have been Democrats....

We went back, grabbed a bucket, poured em both in and mixed the ashes up real well with a stick. Then poured them back into each individual urn. There. Take that CA.....

My Dad would have very much approved of it.

22-May-19
Cemeteries are not a waste of land. There wonderful park like areas with quite a diverse variety of trees and usually larger specimens than found elsewhere in the general area.

And there very quiet.

22-May-19
"Composting dead humans

Well, I suppose that's better than composting live humans like Saddam's sons liked to do.

22-May-19
What's next? Soylent Green at McDonalds, in their burgers?

22-May-19
To me, it makes little difference what happens to your physical body after death. I'm not going to lay in the ground and take up good space that's for sure.

22-May-19
"The worms crawl in

The worms crawl out,

The worms play pinochle on your snout...…."

'member that one from your childhood?

22-May-19
This sounds like something that would be in AOC's Green New Deal

22-May-19
Huntcell x2. I find cemeteries rather beautiful. And a walk among the ‘stones is a good way to reflect on life while learning of others.

That stated, the over-regulation and cost is ridiculous.

My wife has agreed to let me shuffle off for one last bear hunt.

22-May-19
I'd prefer to not spend eternity in a bone-yard. When family asks why I don't want to go in a cemetery, I just say, "I don't like crowds". I hunt because I like the solitude. I've never been to a concert. Too many people attend agricultural fairs. No cemetery for me. Compost sounds OK, or just kick me into a shallow grave near my favorite tree stand. Hell, just prop me in the stand so my ghost can hunt ghost deer. lol.

22-May-19
I want my ashes spread on the continental divide . So in-time they make it to the Pacific and Atlantic and eventually meet at Cape Horn in Tierra del Fuego archipelago.

The journey never ends!

22-May-19
"The worms crawl in The worms crawl out,

The worms play pinochle on your snout...….

'member that one from your childhood? Yep, the pus oozes in and the pus oozes out....and me without a spoon.

22-May-19
You guys noting cemeteries are cool, are right. Monday Ill be taking my kids to my home towns memorial day remembrance... And we will remember and reflect in a serine and beautiful spot. Other days, in those same cemeteries, we look at old slate stones, dated into the 1700's and early 1800's. Whole families that must have been wiped out by infections, kids, and some folks who made it to ripe old age. It's amazing to see, and to get a sense of who came before you. Who walked the near by lands... It spur's a lot of wonder and curiosity regarding the lives they had. Old cemeteries are amazing places for sure.

22-May-19
Memory flashback Kyle 56 years ago!......the rest of that song....

"Did you ever think when the hearse goes by...that you may be the next to die? They wrap you up in a bloody sheet....and throw you down about fifty feet. The worms crawl in...the worms crawl out...the worms play tennis upon your snout...

.big green bugs....with eyes of red...crawl in your liver and out your head. They eat you eyes....they eat your nose...they eat the jelly between your toes. Then you eyes fall in...your teeth decay...and that's the end of beautiful day (or what's left of it...)"

22-May-19
FOUND IT!!!!

22-May-19
What ever happened to being ground up made into chili and fed to my enemies so I could burn their___ at least one more time??

When I was younger I liked the idea of above ground burial like some of the natives. As I got older read Aldo Lepold, Sigrud Olson or one of the other conservationists about my atoms becoming part of the soil, inside a bird or fish, floating down a river, etc. The ultimate in recycling as matter is neither created or destroyed just re-arranged. Gross to think about the flies, crows, mice and skunks running off with parts of me. Plus I really hate those damn little hornets and yellow jackets.

While at church talked with an elder about heaven and some of his concepts that perhaps one could even see inside or be part of an atom after death and the final destination. After all how many angels are supposed to fit on the head of a pin??? Not physical so they don't take up space, right??

23-May-19
Some cemeteries are indeed beautiful. But some of the nostalgia of graveyards will be gone when they start double stacking bodies in them.......

23-May-19
I don’t know what’s wrong with me but I laughed the whole way through that song. Thanks for sharing!

23-May-19
And it's a No GMO product to boot. {: ) ... KPC that is what I was concerned with. Who will manage the Body-soil ? Where will it end up ? feed the world of people with people ... Human -Humus -Hummus Too close for my comfort.

23-May-19
Can you imagine how much JTV would pay for Taylor Swift mulch ???

• Sitka Gear