kentuckbowhnter 23-May-19
Whitey 23-May-19
bigeasygator 23-May-19
IdyllwildArcher 24-May-19
bigeasygator 24-May-19
scentman 24-May-19
Whitey 24-May-19
22-May-19
It’s clear that China will now attempt to affect our economy in hopes of getting Biden elected. They have started an anti American business campaign. One company has put out a memo forbidding it’s employees from using I phones, American cars, eating KFC or using any American products. Problem is most of the iPhone is made in China, the KFC is a franchise own by Chinese so they are only hurting themselves. It appears that Trumps strategy is working. I think an even bigger strategy is in 2020 he will force Americans to choose between a China appeaser Biden and American jobs. Brilliant!

23-May-19
Trump is turning up the heat, that brings the scum to the top of the pot... China and the Dems are slowly rising to the top of that pot.

23-May-19
Trump my be the greatest president in our life time. Turns out he told high tech 2 years ago that he was going to go after China and that they should repatriate their manufacturing. There has been a mad scramble ever since by companies doing business in China to set up operations in US, Vietnam, Korea, Philippines etc. China is the long term loser. everyday that they don’t play ball orders are being canceled and capacity is moving elsewhere. They are ramping up reprisals but the damage has been done. Someone finally stood up for the American workers. Media and the left silent.

23-May-19

HA/KS's Link
"Scientists discover China has been secretly emitting banned ozone-depleting gas

Scientists found that between 40 and 60 per cent of the total global CFC-11 emissions originated from eastern China"

"The Montreal Protocol has been signed by 197 countries around the world, including Canada, the U.S., and China. As the ozone layer in our upper atmosphere slowly depleted — letting in an increasing amount of the sun’s ultraviolet rays — the protocol contributed to a significant reduction in harmful CFCs, which then allowed for a slow healing of the damaged ozone layer.

That is until last year, when scientists from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association found that global emissions of Trichlorofluoromethane (CFC-11) have actually been increasing since 2013.

The increase implied that someone was secretly violating the Montreal Protocol. But the limitations of measuring devices meant the location of the polluter could only be traced to somewhere in east Asia."

23-May-19
Didn’t know KFC was a Chicom company. I’ll have to strike them off my list. Chic-Fillet and Wendy’s are just as good!

23-May-19
Yum! Brands, the parent company of KFC, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut and Wingstop, is a Louisville, KY company. While KFC has over 5,000 restaurants in China, I couldn't find that Yum! Brands was a Chinese company.

23-May-19
I wonder if China made kfc give them the secret 11 herbs and spices recipe.

23-May-19
kfc China is a division of KFC. Run independently by a Chinese National Sam Su since 1989. They have 250k all Chinese employees adding 30k a year. 90% of the restaurants are company owned 10% are franchises owned by Chinese. So if they stop eating KFC they are screwing themselves.

23-May-19
Sam is retired around three to four years ago. KFC in China is owned by Yum China, the Chinese spinoff of Yum Brands. It is traded on the NYSE (YUMC) and still considered an American company.

With all this trade war winning, Trump may very well soon be able to tweet about the DJIA crossing 25k for the fourth time in the last year and a half. China has no problem sticking it to their populace economically. I think Trump is underestimating their ability to weather this and we may be the ones that call uncle first. Either way, when a deal happens, I’m guessing neither party gets much out of it and the juice won’t have been worth the squeeze.

24-May-19
BEG, right now, China has their cake and is eating it too when it comes to screwing over the US economy and companies so our upside is a lot larger. Their economy is hurting more then ours so far over this so I don’t see your predictions coming true. Right now, China is just hanging on hoping that Trump isn’t re-elected. If he is, they’ll do as they always have and make the reforms necessary to keep their party in power.

24-May-19
Their economy is hurting more then ours so far over this so I don’t see your predictions coming true

By what measure?

Nobody’s arguing China doesn’t play fair. They have a track record of propping up their industries though subsidies and protectionist policies that hurt competition and hurt Chinese consumers.

To think that we should do the same thing to ourselves is stupid - taxing American consumers and bailing out sectors with subsidies is terrible policy. We’ve been at it now for a year and a half, and it’s already cost countless jobs and hundreds of billions of dollars with no end in sight. If these trade wars are easy to win, I’d hate to see what a war that isn’t easy to win looks like.

our upside is a lot larger

A lot larger than what and by what measure? The way I see it, our upside is China’s downside and I’d call it equal.

24-May-19
A regular Joe... biden for time before he joins his pals behind bars, Obama, Biden will be proved to be the most corrupt administration of our time.

24-May-19
China shits in a Liberals hat and they say “thanks it fits much better now!”

• Sitka Gear