LINK 25-May-19
Scrappy 25-May-19
jjs 25-May-19
slade 25-May-19
Woods Walker 25-May-19
Bou'bound 26-May-19
'Ike' (Phone) 27-May-19
25-May-19
I didn’t know there were in any pitchers in softball that didnt wear masks anymore. I know in my daughters youth league all the infielders wear one. At 35&40 feet to the pitchers mound a well struck ball can get there quick. Last year while hitting fielding practice to my daughters team one took a nasty hop and put a scar above the eye of one of my players. The next day she had stitches and a mask. Tough to see especially as a father to 3 pretty little girls.

25-May-19
Talk about a sucker punch.

25-May-19
Have an old friend that has a titanium plate on one side of his skull from being hit with a soft ball along with metal holding his clavicle together. Him and his team won the national senior softball tournament in Las Vegas several yrs ago.

Another friend, 70 yrs old, last yr had lower vertebras metal/screw work, 3.5 most latter he was in New Zealand playing in a senior rugby tourney, crazy is crazy does.

25-May-19
I pitched men's fastball, this was years before the double wall bat's. Our rubber was 5 feets behind the women's on shared fields. I made the mistake of not making sure the women's rubber was not covered in dirt properly once, I had a shiner for a week and a scab where the seems hit. I could not imagine playing nowadays with the high performance bats.

25-May-19
I help coach my daughter's Travel Fastpitch Softball teams when she played. We had one girl who played 3rd base for us who took a bad hop to the face and it broke her nose. She was back a week later with a mask acting like nothing happened.

I came from a family of boys and never really had much to do with girls until I hit puberty, but I tell you what, coaching girls in high level fastpitch taught me a lot about girls and just how TOUGH they can be. If you think about it, they are programmed to endure high levels of pain for childbirth and I saw them take hits that would have left me crying. They just moved on!

26-May-19
friendly fire

27-May-19
Tough young lady...

• Sitka Gear