Contributors to this thread:
NvaGvUp 25-May-19
Shuteye 25-May-19
Whitey 25-May-19
Shuteye 25-May-19
JL 25-May-19
Shuteye 25-May-19
25-May-19
Mike Yastrzemski, the grandson of Red Sox Hall of Famer Carl Yastrzemski, will make his Major League debut this afternoon when he'll start in Left Field and hit 7th for the Giants.

25-May-19
I used to go to Baltimore early to watch batting practice when Boston was in town. Carl and Boog Powell could put balls up in the stands one right after the other. One time Boog broke a windshield in a car in the parking lot.

25-May-19
I had a Yaz glove and a yaz bat in little league because I played 3rd base and left field. He won the triple crown in 1967.

25-May-19
One thing about Yaz and Boog, they could put a ball the seats in right field, left field or center field. A pitcher had better not give them a pitch they liked.

25-May-19
As a kid....I was a huge Brooks Robinson fan. That guy could cover 3rd like he owned it.

25-May-19
I remember when Brooks won player of the world series when they beat the Reds. Brooks won a new car. The Reds manager said he would have bought Brooks a car if he needed one that badly to play like he did. What ticked me off was the Phillies third baseman was making $125,000 per year and Brooks was making $75,000. He was offered more money by other teams but wouldn't leave Baltimore. BTW Boog sells Roast Beef sandwiches at Baltimore Stadium or did the last time I was there. Best sandwich you will ever want. Huge and Delicious, but expensive.

• Sitka Gear