GG NYC 10-Nov-09
BB 10-Nov-09
BB 10-Nov-09
GG NYC@Work 10-Nov-09
GG NYC@Work 10-Nov-09
Bobmeister 05-Oct-17
Bobmeister 05-Oct-17
04-Feb-07
Ok. I'm an idiot on the computer. Can anyone explain how to post pictures on to this site? Be specific with your directions please. Thanks a ton.

04-Feb-07

bobbyG's embedded Photo
bobbyG's embedded Photo
Elkstuffer

I had the same problem months ago when I joined. I am just good enough on a computer to be dangerous. The old saying "good enough for the girls we go out with" is not true in technology.

First of all, I have a Mac, which is not too well liked in the technology industry and Bowsite! When I joined bowsite, the only thing on the bottom of each blog screen was "Attach your trouphy photo" with an arrow and an open space which said "Find?" right behind it. I would find my photo and try to load it and the computer would just sit there and "grind" for awhile. I finally did what your doing right now and ask on bowsite.

Your best bet, or it was for me, is to have "Pat L" take care of it. This is what he did for me. He added an "Add these Options to your submission" bar with "embed a JPEG (Photo) into your post" with an "Image FIle" icon to choose it. IF you do not have this "Image File" icon you need it for a Mac.

It works now for me but I have to remember to go deeper into the JPEG file and not take the first thing on the list. To explain this, pictures are stored as JPEG files in my case, IPhoto, as JPEG files. But when you go into a specific JPEG file of the picture you want, there is like another file inside of that file that you need to click on to transmit onto Bowsite. These pictures are usaully in the "Thumbs" file of that file. I hope this makes sense to you?

If you have a PC, I am sure someone will be able to help you out with those. Hope this helps, PM me if Q's.

Attached my son sitting with me bowhunting!

Bobby G,

04-Feb-07
This is the easiest board of all of them to post a photo. Immediately below the white box you type your message into, there should be an elongated white box that says "Embed a JPEG (PHOTO) into your post".

Simply click on the light blue "Browse..." button and find the picture you want from your computer, then hit open. After that just type your message and hit submit message like normal. If the photo is right out of a digital camera, you may need to resize it first (to make it much smaller) on your own computer.

04-Feb-07
Awesome! Piece of cake. Thanks StickFlicker

05-Feb-07

LTG's embedded Photo
LTG's embedded Photo

05-Feb-07

LTG's embedded Photo
LTG's embedded Photo

05-Feb-07

Moose's embedded Photo
Moose's embedded Photo
I've got to try this!!!!

05-Feb-07
I can't beleive it . You guys are great. that is the first ever for me. Many thanks

08-Feb-07

davidmil's embedded Photo
davidmil's embedded Photo
OK,I'll play

08-Nov-09

Hunting1's embedded Photo
Hunting1's embedded Photo
Will this work?

09-Nov-09
Pat-

I do commend you for making it so easy to post pics.No other site goes to the lengths you do to make it easy for a jughead like me.

(Even though you did remove my "Trespasser" thread-curious as to why that was a problem as no names were mentioned...)

09-Nov-09
I could post photos with the best of them but I wish I could learn how to do vidios steve

09-Nov-09
OK, how can you post more than 1 photo in 1 post?

09-Nov-09

papavan's embedded Photo
papavan's embedded Photo

09-Nov-09

Raghorn's embedded Photo
Raghorn's embedded Photo
Let me try this

09-Nov-09

Zeke Fantuz's embedded Photo
Zeke Fantuz's embedded Photo
'08 1st archery mulie.

09-Nov-09
Sheesh, where you pointing that gun sir? Bill in MI

09-Nov-09

How do you post two bigger photos? Ha Ha or even three.......?

Have a great bowhunt. BB

a6

10-Nov-09
Bill, how do you do that?

10-Nov-09

BB's Link
GG I wish I knew. Ha Ha.

You can place some photos, like the last three I posted above at: http://photobucket.com/

Once you have done that, it will give you several links you can copy and paste onto the Bowsite and the photo appears at a larger size. Notice too when done that way if loads faster than the photos downloaded directly through the Bowsite. I just copy and past the html link to the body of the message (this area) It will look something like this:

a href="http://s430.photobucket.com/albums/qq22/buglinbilly/?action=view¤t=xxz4.jpg" target="_blank">1b

Now when I post the full link, the photo apprears.

1b

Have a great bowhunt. BB

10-Nov-09
I just posted this image at photobucket. I then got the html link and here's what it looks like in almost real life.

Horny Toads

10-Nov-09
Photobucket

Photobucket

OK, did it work?

10-Nov-09
Eureka!

Thanks Bill!

05-Oct-17

05-Oct-17

• Sitka Gear