toehead 17-Nov-13
Paul@thefort 18-Nov-13
Oak Walker 16-Jan-14
APauls 16-Jan-14
moleshaver 17-Jan-14
Jp1980 24-Oct-19
Lucas 24-Oct-19
02-Dec-08
Does anyone know where I can find Alan Altizer hunting videos, I would love to find them on DVDs. They were some of the best bowhunting videos out in the early eighties. Thank you, LONGBOW

02-Dec-08
I was wondering what ever happened to him. Those were "real" bowhunting videos.

02-Dec-08
I'd be interested in some myself. I've checked ebay a few times-----nothing.

02-Dec-08

02-Dec-08
Black Timber Productions and Red Arrow Productions use to carry the videos.

02-Dec-08
Does anyone know where I can find Alan Altizer hunting videos, I would love to find them on DVDs. They were some of the best bowhunting videos out in the early eighties. Thank you, LONGBOW

02-Dec-08
Only drawback--I'd have to buy a tape player!

02-Dec-08
I Have three, eye to eye, which is the one I like best and its on its last leg. antlers and arrows, trophy whitetail east and west, all on VHS. I know they are not going to make it much longer and was hoping to find them and more on DVD. Alan altizer was one of the best bowhunters I have ever seen on video. I am sure he is still around but he has to be close to sixty years old. seen a hog hunting video with him on the front cover on a DVD maybe in a black widow catalog. the videos I have are Wolf Creek Productions. someone will know. thanks, Longbow

02-Dec-08
I always enjoyed his stuff.

02-Dec-08
10:33PM Right now on e-bay there are four of his videos for sale. buy it now! Ranging from 3.99-7.99! Three elk and one whitetail. He is the best!

02-Dec-08
I am lucky enough to have a large collection of his videos. I wish I could get them on DVD. He always seemed to try and educate the viewers of his videos rather than than trying to sell them something. I don't see that anymore.While I watch versus and the outdoor channel the only "professional" hunters I would like to meet would be Alan and Chuck Adams.

03-Dec-08
If you like those you will definitely like anything from the Wensel brothers and Gene Biddlespacher(sp). They all started out together and actually brought out the 1st really successful and still 1 of the best bowhunting videos, Bowhunting October Whitetails. Try and find the Wensels and I am sure you can get in touch with Alan. Mark

03-Dec-08
Alan post's on the Leatherwall occasionally. His old handle was "Alan Altizer" but he changed it to just Alan now I think. Do a search for his handle.

03-Dec-08
I always loved his videos. I have a couple on VHS that are almost completely worn out. Whitetail Eye to Eye was awesome.

Also, I agree with Mark, Bowhunting October Whitetails was one of the best videos ever.

03-Dec-08
Is he really in his 60's? I thought he was 40 or so!

03-Dec-08
His handle is Altizer...gut

03-Dec-08
I loved the way he talked. Slow and steady. Great videos.

07-Dec-08
Hey guys its Alan. A friend told me about this thread so I thought I would say hello and thank you for the kind words. I left the hunting industry after 9-11 and went back in as a security consultant. Kind of figured I had my day and there were more important things needing taking care of. I am currently involve in national security and can't say anymore. Couldn't hunt for a few years but finally came home and I do get a little time in the woods with my selfbow and recurve or to sit on the river with my lab. I feel over sixty alot of mornings but I will be 50 in July. I zigged when I should have zagged in early September and got a foot shattered and had surgery a few weeks later. Cut down on hunting but I did sneakout while the wife was out and killed a nice buck. Yeah, I'm old, but not that old, Kristy and I are expecting a baby. Please keep us in your prayers, especially "Little Boo".

I maybe having "Eye to Eye" converted to DVD. Had a lot of requests but I will have to get back in and have some extra time to make it happen. I also am thinking of letting "Mothwing" use some of my old footage for a TV show, Steve Johnson, the owner is a good guy. If I do I will let you know.

Anyway, thanks again for all the support years ago. All I ever wanted was to share the hunts. Thanks for being part of it all, no better friends than hunting buddies! Take care my friends and God bless, Alan

07-Dec-08
Alan,

Although I miss your videos, national security is a little bit more important than hunting. :) Thanks for responding and if you ever get Eye to Eye on DVD, let us know. There are plenty of guys here that will line up to buy it!

07-Dec-08
Alan,

Congrats on the baby!

I really liked your video that was titled something like "1-800-Calling Whitetails". One of our local video stores had a couple of your videos and I rented them several times and I learned a bunch from them. I think the video I mentioned above had the huge-bodied buck that you passed up early in the hunt because his body size made his antlers look smaller than they really were. When you got him in real close a few days later, you could tell he actually had a great set of antlers and shot him. That buck was a HORSE!!

You were also the first person I saw who advocated shooting broadside turkeys "through the top of the hips". You were so right on this. Now, we talk about shooting for the "rectangular speculum" on the turkey's wing on broadside birds, which is actually the same thing you were saying. I have converted all of my bowhunting friends to this shot on broadside birds (if not taking a head shot) and they have quit losing birds like they used to quite a bit when going for the wing butt shot that is taught so often.

Thanks for the videos that were educational while being entertaining. Please let us know if you get something out on DVD because I'll definitely want to get it. I should have tried to buy the copies of your videos when that video store closed years ago.

Greg Kush--Grand Island, Nebraska

07-Dec-08
Greg, I remember that buck also. If I remember, it was in Montana where he shot that big monster. That is one of the biggest bodied deer I have ever seen. I couldn't remember the name of that video but, it was a good one also like all of his videos.

04-May-09
Good evening guys,

Any word on the DVD from Alan??

03-Oct-09
If anyone knows how to get in touch with Alan I know a bunch of us are hoping to get an update..

05-Oct-09
Alan, you were the guy I watched when becoming a bowhunter. The whack'em and stack'em videos that are being made have no appeal to me. Your hunts on film were absolutely amazing to me. I especially liked the one where you took your boots off and walked through frozen puddles to stalk in on your buck.

You did all that without plugging a bow, arrows, broadheads, scentlock or any other product. Please puth them on a DVD format. I will buy one of each. You are the real deal.

Peace, Jay

09-Oct-09
I agree Alan I want one of the eye to eye on DVD , one of the best ever made.

Jack

09-Oct-09
Wow, what a nice guy. Saw a couple of his vids when I first got started and liked them. Wasn't like today where you see a giant tour bus going down the road with the celebrity and film crew. Living in NM I see that alot.

10-Oct-09
Alan is the best bowhunter to ever get a bow kill on tape in my mind. Nobody else out there even today can hold a candle to his hunting skill. Alan definitely convert Eye To Eye to dvd. And 50 is far from old brother!

22-Oct-09
Hes posted tonight....maybe he can give us an update.

23-Oct-09

Altizer's embedded Photo
Altizer's embedded Photo
Hey guys, Sorry, I haven't got anything converted over yet. Zero time these days. Been an eventful year, broke my other foot this September and Gabriel was born. I am grounded for the most part. Having to take it real easy to avoid surgery again. No elk, no deer, and no geese. My dog growls when I walk by, he needs to bite a goose. Things are good and as aleways I appreciate your kind words more than you will ever know. I have told you before, all I ever wanted was to share the hunt, making you part of the hunt. I have read a couple of posts that did not like some of the shots I took, especially on elk and I apologize to them. Looking back now, older and alittle wiser, I will say they were poor shots. Younger, not as experienced, and there was a lot of pressure to kill. So to you guys, I have learned better. I love the hunt and not having to kill. I love my wood shafts and Shawnee, shootong at squirrel, leaves and ocassionally a big buck. Heck, I have fun even missing. My son loves the outdoors and has since he was born. I may have a huntin buddy in a few years, sure hope so. I would love to teach him to be a much better man than his poppa. Thanks again guys and I love reading all these threads. Btb and matchbox hurt my ribs tonight. I miss huntin camp and buddies, that was the best. At least I still have a few here.

Thanks again. Your friend, AA

PS- meet Gabe

23-Oct-09
Alan....hope you get on your "feet" again soon. Congrats on the good looking young man. Hope to cross paths with you one of these days.

23-Oct-09
Alan, good luck and thanks for the old memories! There is nothing like having a little buddy in the blind with you!

23-Oct-09
Well look at that!!! That boy is already practicing his loud; finger whistle used to stop the buck for a shot! A chip off the ol block isn't he! Great to hear from you Alan, I'm one of your oldest fans. I too, would like to see your videos come out on DVD. A classy guy on a classy hunt is always great entertainment. How many pounds is "Lil Boo" shooting! :) Rest easy brother, you have a great hunting partner you will get to enjoy many hunts with for a long time. My son, is the greatest thing to ever happen to me. My best friend and constant hunting partner. Enjoy the blessing to it's fullest!!! God bless...Tony

23-Oct-09
Alan insprired me as a young bowhunter. I would buy all his videos if they were available.

23-Oct-09
Good to see you posting here Alan,and don't be a stranger.

Congrats on the little one and hope to see your videos re-released!

I really enjoyed your commentary during the hunts as much as the hunts themselves.It wasn't a full blown commercial,just a guy hunting.

17-Nov-09
Hey all,

I have a bunch of Alan's videos(most othem never opened), if you are looking for them. Here are some of the ones I have:

String Up Gobblers Eastern Insanity Elk Bustin Rack Em Up Bushwackin Bulls Rocky Mountain Royalty Bows, Arrows, and Javelina Backcountry Bulls Bad Weather Bucks 1-800 Whitetails

I have multiple copies of a few of them. You can email me at [email protected] if you would like one (or some). Not looking to get rich...just don't need multiple copies sitting around.

17-Nov-09
Class act is all I can say, humble and educational is how I remember your videos. I can still remember thinking at the time... man I would want to be half the hunter this guy is, and that is not flattering you Alan, that is how your hunts inspired me. Congrats on your new addition!

10-Jul-10
Alan Altizer - where are you ??havent seen you since you and bob mcguire did the video at Little Buffalo Game Farm in Pa..and you had stayed at my & waynes house on the farm while you were doing the video..i would really like to be able to contact you direct,,by email or by telephone..please let me know how i can go about this..we miss you !!i see you had a son about a yr or so ago..congrats....thanks alan,,

10-Jul-10
Alan looks like everyone wants you to make a comeback...need a crew let me know im close by(Morristown)...

10-Jul-10
EYE TO EYE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11-Jul-10
Alan is also very good communicating nature in stories, I hope some day he will write a book and include his special outings with Gabriel... very insightful. God bless.

22-Aug-10
Any news from alan on the dvd's?

23-Aug-10
How does a guy break so many feet?

23-Aug-10
I remember the videos, back then there weren't many, too bad more aren't like them today.

Thing that made them special was the kind of guy he was then.

And if you read the post he has gotten better with age. Too bad about the feet, but good about Gabe, like the rest of us with age comes wisdom, you gotta take the good with the bad.

But good to know 50 isn't old. Like a lot of us, he has mellowed with age, doesn't feel any pressure and enjoys the atmosphere of the hunt more whether he kills anything or not.

Good to hear he is doing well, and from the sound of it is even a better credit to bowhunting than ever.

24-Aug-10
BTTT

22-Dec-10
Hey Alan, Glad to see you're doing Good. I Love the pic of the little guy...It's been a while mate. Are we really in our 50's ??? I've thought about our times together and wish I could turn back the hands of time. I heard what happened to Danny, and haven't spoken with Gary in years either. I kind of got out of touch with every body. Fell on some hard times myself and have as of late gotten the fire back. I really miss the hunts and the good times in camp we had. I'm in Missouri now but still maintain some contacts with peeps in Illinois and Iowa. I've got a few ideas for a come back...Think it would really take off. Stuff for the working class guy. I'll expound when I Hear from ya.. "But like I always said; "You have to shoot em where they're at".. Love ya Bro. (Your brother from another mother) God speed my friend..

07-Feb-11
way back when in the late 80's and early 90's at a bowshop in Terre Haute Indiana called the wilderness shop i was introduced to Alan Altizer hunting videos. Alans videos quickly became my new addiction between hunting seasons.His no bullshit approach to hunting was as real as it gets as far as i am concerned their is no better bow hunter in world to have been streamed to us via VHS.He introduced me to spot and stalk hunting weather it was for whitetail,turkey, elk, mule deer,or wild hogs and he did all this without knowing it.I veiwed his videos as if they were instructions not entertainment.I learned alot from his video series. Alan your still #1 in my book and i would to see them old videos on dvd and hopefully some new ones

16-Mar-11
ttt

25-Apr-11
Had to bring this back up. "Eye to Eye" is my all time favorite video. I've watched is so many times the tape is worn out.

Hope the feet are better by now and the little one is not keeping you too busy. Please put that video on DVD.

03-Sep-11
For those wondering what my friend is up to these days...

http://heritagestoneblades.com

16-Oct-11
Here is the site I'm creating for the re-release of my good friend ALAN ALTIZER'S classic hunting videos.

So far, all I've done is flesh out the "look" (it is still a 'work in progress')... but wanted to share the work done thus far, and get your thoughts. Sackett

www.wix.com/cmsackett/lostlake

31-Oct-11
Im up in Michigan and got started bow hunting after watching EYE TO EYE . Great footage. Alan glad to have found you!! Ive been searching the internet for a copy of eye to eye to give my son. Get those feet healed up and come up here and hunt some deer with me ha ha ha .

Looking forward to getting dvds of the series on Whitetails. You were way ahead of your time . Im 53 and bagged 3 this year and my wife whacked one two. I learned a ton from your stalk on that buck by the Bull dozer. stocking feet and all ha ha ha . I just found this site and will stay around. Mike in Michigan

15-Nov-13
Just dragging up a old thread.

Wonder what ever happened to the re-release of Whitetails Eye to Eye? Its been 'coming soon' for a few years now ...

16-Nov-13
I can't tell you how pleasantly surprised I was to read through this thread.

Yes I to am a member of AA ...My name is tuk and I have a hunting problem !!!

That Eye to Eye video has seen some travel ... my copy is pretty much worn out as well and has a home in my collection way up here in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia.

tuk

16-Nov-13
I can't tell you how pleasantly surprised I was to read through this thread.

Yes I to am a member of AA ...My name is tuk and I have a hunting problem !!!

That Eye to Eye video has seen some travel ... my copy is pretty much worn out as well and has a home in my collection way up here in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia.

tuk

17-Nov-13
AA is always the best example of a class act!

18-Nov-13

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
I just went into my office and dug these out of the video file.

As said above, some of the best hunting videos produced and I agree.

Alan, always a pro.

My best, Paul

16-Jan-14
Good memory's. Wish I could turn back the clock.

16-Jan-14

17-Jan-14
Never saw a guy shoot a bow better. He used to run my local archery shop some 25 years ago. He shot a screaming eagle bow, no range finders back then, and could shoot soda cans at 75+ yards. Always soft spoken and humble. I ran out and got me one of those screaming eagles after watching him and shot even better than him! Just kidding, I couldn't hit a barn with mine.

24-Oct-19
I actually got to hunt with Alan, he is an amazing man. Alan if you read this. I am Jordon me and Ben Mann went with you to hunt on Danny’s property. You watched me shoot the ram. Anyways hope you are doing well man.

24-Oct-19
He posted more recently on stickbow, you might try there.

• Sitka Gear