bigswivle 20-Sep-17
eddie c 20-Sep-17
Fulldraw1972 20-Sep-17
Buffalo1 20-Sep-17
Fulldraw1972 20-Sep-17
Tracker 20-Sep-17
Buffalo1 20-Sep-17
19-Sep-17
I know it works, i've seen it first hand. I just picked one up because the bugs are BRUTAL up here during early bow season in NH. My questions are 1. Has anyone had an experience where a deer or bear winded you from using this product, and 2. Is there any health risks/concerns from breathing in whatever it is that is burning off?

Either way I am going to use it, it is the only way I can survive a sit in the woods up here. Wind should be in my favor tonight too. Just wanted to get some opinions and experiences with the product.

Thanks

19-Sep-17
I've used them early season in Ohio never an issue of that causing detection that I know of.

19-Sep-17
If the deer can smell the Thermacell, it can smell you. Don't worry about it.

19-Sep-17
Just started using one myself. I got unscented pads but will get earth-scented next. Works great but learned that 4 hour burn time is about all u get. 2.5 hours first usage and second usage was a 2 hour 15 minute sit and last 30 minutes the skeeters slowly came back.

19-Sep-17
who cares if they smell you it is a lot better sit with it on than not.. especially in the bear woods in spring.

19-Sep-17
What Air leak said! They will just smell you PLUS the thermacell

19-Sep-17
Ya, if you think you stink less than a thermacell you're very wrong.

19-Sep-17
Matt Napper of Shiloh Ranch, who is a darn skilled bowhunter, once said to me:

"I'd just as soon go into the woods without my bow as without my Thermacell." That says it all.

19-Sep-17
Yep - thing works awesome - I'll chance the smell to keep my hands from swatting mosquitoes all day!

Lee

19-Sep-17
Thanks for the responses. The thing is working wonders for me right now! Not a bug in sight.

19-Sep-17
Mine is always with me - they are absolutely a hunt saver.

I used mine in an enclosed blind once and within a few minutes had a pounding headache - so just be aware of using it in a limited ventilated situation.

20-Sep-17
I think I have about 10 of them. Just in case

20-Sep-17
my wife took my first one away from me after I used it in camp one year. I've worn the starter button out on one.

20-Sep-17
I have 3 since I can't ever find the one I bought the year before.

On Monday night I went to 5 stores before I found a store that wasn't sold out.

I agree with the guys above. I don't worry if they can smell it. They will smell me if they smell my Therma cell.

20-Sep-17
Technical question: Must a Thermacell Unit be maintained in a horizontal position to work properly, or will it function properly in a vertical position?

20-Sep-17
They work in a vertical as well. Last night mine was vertical and did just fine.

20-Sep-17
Use it and enjoy the bug free hunt. Try to hunt Sika deer in the frag without one??

20-Sep-17
Tks for the answer to the vertical/ horizontal question.

Didn't really understand why it would make any difference.

• Sitka Gear