Charlie Rehor 26-Oct-17
RonS 26-Oct-17
Fulldraw1972 26-Oct-17
ElkNut1 26-Oct-17
ELKMAN 27-Oct-17
loopmtz 27-Oct-17
Rickm 27-Oct-17
20-Oct-17
I use to shoot this thread out almost every year and found it interesting how many times the top 3 people on Bowsite folks wished they could do some sort of hunt with.

I feel I have been extremely fortunate to hunt with the bowsiters that I have already gotten to hunt with. But there are a few that I have not who I would like to because of What I have read here on Bowsite

So my question is if I ask you today who are the top three people on your list you want to do a hunt with here on Bowsite that you have never hunted with before?

You cannot name anymore than 3 people and they have to be a bowsiter.

I will start in no particular order

1. BigPizzaMan

2. Bear Track

3. Jaquomo

20-Oct-17
Charlie, Paul@thefort, and Mike Ukrainetz

20-Oct-17
And immediately Kelly spells Jaquomo wrong! lol

20-Oct-17
Lmao I didn’t realize I spelled it wrong? It’s now corrected

20-Oct-17
There's a lot of guys I'd love to hunt with! But I'll leave the popularity contest to others ;)

20-Oct-17
Pat: since I would like to shoot a nice WT buck...

Razza: since I would try to get some free taxidermy work...

Bou Bound: since I would like to find out what happened on his Mt. Lion hunt...

20-Oct-17
So many good choices... There are a lot of men on here that I would love to share a camp and hunt with. I don't think I have a particular order, but perhaps animal preference. I would love to kill a huge Mulie, a very nice moose and then a big black bear, so I would probably base my decision on that.

20-Oct-17
I can't give you three names. Impossible. There's too many good folks on here

I've hunted with several Bowsiters, and hope to again.

20-Oct-17
does this include sharing a sleeping bag?

20-Oct-17
A few I have hunted with and liked it: Randy Britt (Owl) Pat Lefemine Jake (Medicinemann) Ensign Matt (pee in the sleeping bag) Burke Dave Lee Roger (tradtech) Yenn Woodmoose Ken ("get your fat ass up here and shoot that hog!") Moody Brian "The Yankee" aka "bb" Barzee JayG Dave "Dooner" Pat Bischoff

are just a start....

those I'd love to hunt with again includes those who've passed on... Jeff ("tennbow " Coggins, and George ("Bowdad" ) Tague

As for haven't yet: "WVMountaineer", "Buskill" "Idyllwild" and "Scoot" make the list but there are lots more.

20-Oct-17
heck if Kelly Harris promises to do the dragging and skinning, and bring beer, HE might even make my list. lol

20-Oct-17
Jaquomo, cnelk, otc will. I like elk hunting and would like to follow some guys around like these three just to learn. Huntman and many other elk killers would be high on my list too. Lots of guys I wouldn't mind having a drink with like idyllwild, embry, Midwest, bear track, Charlie, Pat and many many others. Ohh yeah a moose hunt with herdbull or kevin dill might top the list. There's just to many.

20-Oct-17
Yeah, I've never been into the "popularity" contests either. Lots of folks here I'd like to hunt with, and some I already have. Also, more than a few that I would avoid like the plague! ;-)

Xbow- LMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : )

20-Oct-17
Xbow.....#3....very well done.... but ur gonna scare him back into hiding. He's finally just becoming the condescending ass he has always been in the CT live hunts....

20-Oct-17
I'm curious who you all think is most likely to succeed on Bowsite?

20-Oct-17
That depends on your definition of SUCCESS! (*See other thread ;-)

20-Oct-17
Lol Fuzzy you will need to bring your own beer brother!

I quit drinking a few months ago!

I can buy it cheap for you at our beer store 11.25 a case

20-Oct-17
Some people never leave high school.

After meeting over a dozen "bowsiters", I can't say that there was one character that I didn't enjoy meeting, and I feel a little uncomfortable with the concept of putting one above the other.

20-Oct-17
1. Mike Mitten

2. Mike Mitten

3. Mike Mitten

20-Oct-17
I might be able to name a top three dozen!

20-Oct-17
Hunting next week with 2 of my 3 and should have been 3/3. Take advantage of Bowsite when you can. Grey resource.

20-Oct-17
Wow, thanks guys, but if you ever did hunt with me you might change your mind... :)

Easier to name three I'd never want to hunt with!

20-Oct-17
Not super regular posters but I’ll play with these three legends: 1.) either one of the Wensel brothers 2.) Kevin Dill 3.) Mike Mitten

20-Oct-17
Any three that would hunt with me...

20-Oct-17
me myself and I ! lol

20-Oct-17
Stan Potts,babe winkleman and big Bill, I hear he gets some really great animals

20-Oct-17
TIFFANY

20-Oct-17
I think a hunt with Nick Muche and Kelly Harris would be really fun!

20-Oct-17
Hey Shug, I'll hang with ya if you don't mind a bowsite low life÷)

20-Oct-17
I get to do just that next week. Got two great buddies heading north for a deer hunt. Love the friendships I've been able to make through bowhunting, seems the percentage of no BS good dudes is higher on this site than others too which is refreshing.

20-Oct-17
I already hunt with my list. Just not often enough.

20-Oct-17
blowme2

20-Oct-17
Absolute top of the list for me would be "Big Fin". After that, there are so many that I could learn a LOT from - just no way to name only 3.

20-Oct-17
Too many to name but, one of them invited me to Montana elk hunting. :^)

20-Oct-17
Me, myself, and I.

20-Oct-17
Agree with many, too many to pick just 3. There are so many cool people here with hunting knowledge and experience beyond anything i could ever imagine having, would be amazing to even just share a campfire and hear the stories.

20-Oct-17
C'mon, this is easy... Not sure he's still here though: TBM. ;)

20-Oct-17
In a heart beat I would love to put my 9 year daughter in a ground blind with a Morgan Harris for a weekend. Outstanding young lady with a positive attitude she could learn a lot from.

20-Oct-17
I'm pretty much a solo guy these days, but I have hunted with a few BSers, all solid, serious hunters. A bunch more on BS I wouldn't mind sharing a dinner and a story or two with, APauls, Ermine, Midwest, Medicinemann come to mind, along with some others. Lots of serious guys on here, many I'm sure would be fun to hang out with.

20-Oct-17
I've hunted with a few BSers too...... ha !!!

20-Oct-17
Nah Lou, they wouldn’t change their minds, they’d just be ready for the next hunt. One of my most enjoyable hunts ever was hunting with Lou.

I thought I had a top three. Then I read other folks top three. I think I need a top 20 list. Maybe even a top 50.

20-Oct-17
I’d hunt with all you guys just so I could go hunting more! :)

21-Oct-17
1 - ESP (my son) 2 - Kellyharris 3 - Beartrack

21-Oct-17
I am happy to say, I've hunted with my top 3.

21-Oct-17
Depends on the hunt

21-Oct-17
I've hunted with a few bowsiters and enjoyed all of my hunts and have plans to hunt with a few more in the future. Great group of guys on Bowsite. Most of us are cut from the same cloth and passionate about bowhunting.

21-Oct-17
I am very content with the fellow bowsiters I have hunted with over the years.

I look forward to the ones in the future.

Good luck, Robb

21-Oct-17
Paul@the fort, Big Fin, otc Will

21-Oct-17
Man I don't know even where to start. A lot of awesome guys and amazing bowhunters!

21-Oct-17
I have already hunted with or guided guys on my list. Now just waiting until the spring of 2019 for my son to shoot his first big game animal.

21-Oct-17
I could name scores I would just like to sit around a big fire with and listen to the stories.

21-Oct-17
I've hunted with Inbowdude, and Bowfreak at Shiloh Ranch. Both first rate guys.

21-Oct-17
Too many to name. Fortunate to have hunted with several and had a great time with all of them. Hunting with Z Barebow next week!

21-Oct-17
Nearly all of my best hunting friends were met through the Bowsite.

21-Oct-17
I'm fortunate to have already hunted with one of them!

Too many great hunters on this site to limit to just three.

22-Oct-17
Fortunately, because of this website, I feel as though I HAVE hunted with many members of Bowsite. Between the videos and hunting stories that many have shared, I have felt like I was right there with them as they released the string (which is great, because as soon as the animal was down, I offered support without having to carry out a hind quarter with them....LOL). I have also tried to share videos and stories as often as possible, to reciprocate.....but to limit my choices to just three, seems unnecessary due to the construct of this forum.

22-Oct-17
Got to tell you, unless I missed it I didn't see anyone vote/pick Idyllwildarcher. How could anyone who read his post last year about his all night elk trip not want to hunt with this madman. I wish I had a tenth of his energy, in a perfect world he would be first choice. If you didn't read or don't remember his story I would suggest you find it and read it, truely a awesome read. I'm freekin jealous lol

22-Oct-17
Idyllwild is on my list for sure. Plus, he's a doctor and the way I bang myself up he would come in handy!

22-Oct-17
From what I’ve read here, I’d just like to be in deer camp with Pat and Jake. Wouldn’t even have to hunt, just listen to their jokes, bustin’ each other’s stones and practical jokes! ;-)

22-Oct-17
To many on this site that I think I would enjoy spending camp with.

23-Oct-17
I will go out on a limb here and just say TBM. Just to see if what he said was real.

23-Oct-17
LB I mentioned him and he's definitely in my top 10 maybe somewhere about 6-7. ;) If he weren't from California he might be too 5. :)

23-Oct-17
Impossible to state. We don't really know many of the guys behind the keyboards who would be a blast to hunt with. My two cents is that 90%+ of the guys on here most any of us would be happy to share a camp with!

23-Oct-17
I have had the pleasure of hunting with several Bowsiters. I have also had the please of meeting and socializing with many of the Bowsiters at P&Y conventions. There are many I would love to meet.

I have learned and enjoyed my experiences with all the Bowsiters I have been around.

There is no way I could, nor would, limit a listing of 3.

23-Oct-17
I've met a lot of Bowsiters, mostly at The Sheep Show, have had dinner with a few, but have only hunted with five that I can recall:

Pat (Once in KS)

mn archer (Twice in CO)

MikeinCT, (Once, then again next week in IL)

Big Al Morris (Once in CO)

Barrett Satterlee, who's handle I don't recall and whom I don't think posts here anymore.

I'd hunt with any of them again in a heartbeat and feel the same way about the others I've met.

23-Oct-17
I've met so many on here that I too, feel I've shared a camp fire with them or two. Since the elk bug has bit me and I took a year off to kill another moose, elk is back on my radar.

Medicineman

Jaquomo

And need a mule to help me carry my elk down that mountain, so Kelly Harris it is. Plus Kelly has a deer or 2 to show me one day.

23-Oct-17
oh I am still here Kyle, I just have gotten old enough to realize that I am not as smart as I was when I was younger.....

23-Oct-17
I would like to meet Kelly Harris live one day. I've read so many of his post he is almost as real as a "live hunt from Connecticut"

23-Oct-17
Blacktailbob x3 for me.

23-Oct-17
I've had the privilege to hunt with a few and there's too many great ones to list just 3.

24-Oct-17
#1, Gene and Barry #2, Barry and Gene #3, who ever knows Gene and Barry... I grew up with their videos, made a number of my own, "guided" a few buddies to their first whitetails while I filmed them. Unfortunately, I grew up in central Michigan, not a real hot bed for large whitetails... I switched to trad for 14 years until my shoulders could no longer handle the practice sessions. Would love to spend a week in their "camp" for the knowledge. Can't imagine everything they have experienced in the woods.

24-Oct-17
Well there's a lot of good guys on here so it's very hard to pick one or three. My thing is I can't find a local guy that's dead serious about bowhunting. I had a friend that is very serious about bowhunting, but he got married has a few kids and moved. We would hunt out west and in a few of the states that surround our home state of Pa. Now I hunt pretty much alone. I have hunted with 8 or 10 guys I met here the bowsite on trips and all has worked out very well. I only know one guy in Northest Pa that's comes on here (bowsite) and he's not all that big of a bowhunter. Just wish I could find a full time local guy to hunt with.

24-Oct-17
So many great people on here that I am sure I would enjoy hunting with but some of my tops would be BOWUNTER, otcwill, Nick Muche, Jaquomo, Paul@thefort, Medicinmann, Blacktail Bob, TEmbry. The man that was always near or at the top of my list was HUNT MAN. I have shared two hunts with him and know we will do many more in the future.

24-Oct-17
Too many to name. Wouldn't want to leave anyone out. Have made some great friends on Bowsite but haven't hunted with anyone from the site yet. That needs to change!

Thanks to the Bowsite Meet and Greet in Phoenix I had the opportunity to meet a number of the legends! Most notably Dwight Schuh, one of my boyhood heros. I remember riding my bike to the local gun store that carried hunting videos and renting elk hunting movies with him and Larry Jones when I was a kid. Meeting him and a number of you guys was a real treat! Thanks again Pat!

24-Oct-17

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
The Western Chapter of Bowsiters get together at my place is always a good time :)

Thats how hunts 'start'

24-Oct-17
For me, it’s a Bunch.

But I would say that of the dozens....

Jaq hunts my home range and knows his stuff.

Ike is no slouch and he cracks me up.

Bowriter and I see eye-to-eye and used to frequent the same dive bars in Laramie

And all of the Trad Guys who hang out over here seem to have skills and attitudes that I’d benefit from soaking up.

24-Oct-17
Man I just wish my social ettequit was that which would warrant someone wanting to hunt with me. I do have fellow bowsite do a semi quasi hunt in the same area next week. Him signing up for this hunt shows that his character in not suspect. Hard hunt with limited success but potentially outstanding quality.

24-Oct-17
Man cnelk,ill bet that crew had some excellent stories!!,

24-Oct-17
Whoever the top three that are 420 friendly and can drink whiskey til sunup and make it up the mountain or to the stand by daylight, I'm cool with.

Edit: Please don't take me serious, I'm usually in bed by midnight or 2am.

24-Oct-17
Rick, there may be a few of those who meet your criteria in cnelk's photo....

Back in the day.....

24-Oct-17
Thought he hunts alone and does it well.. Mr. Kevin Dill, but he’s probably too grumpy with a companion.. I’ll just stay back and read his escapades..

25-Oct-17
Anyone mention Herdbull? Anyone tough enough to solo moose in Alaska would be one to have along.

25-Oct-17
Huntman- Jaq- Beendare- Wyobullshooter and if we throw BULELK1 into the mix we will draw any tag we want 10 years in a row so he's a must have... ;-)

25-Oct-17
LB -

I agree with you! I mentioned Herdbull (Mike Mitten) 3x!! (see above).

25-Oct-17
I'd like to get Embry to CT, then we could make him do a Live Hunt, and he'd realize that posting pictures of his boots might just be the highlight of his day.

25-Oct-17
Actually, being a grumpy ol man I've been making a much easier list.... the top three I never want to hunt with..... =D

25-Oct-17
Too many to limit it to 3. Although I will be hunting with my first BS'er in a few days, I have vicariously hunted with many of you over the years. I have picked the brains of many of you over the years. Whether it be techniques, hunting unit info etc. As an example, I need to use most of my fingers to count the Bowsiters who helped me out on this years solo elk hunt. Thank you!

25-Oct-17
Z Barebow - you will have a great time with the BS'er coming your way this weekend!

25-Oct-17
Interesting thread! Lot of guys willing to side step the OP's question! (grin) It's really not that tough, choose hunters that enjoy hunting similar styles as yourself, you can always learn something from them! The least of my concerns is how entertaining a guy would be, that doesn't put horns on the ground! (grin)

Being all about elk I personally would look for guys not afraid to use their Bugles or any calls for that matter, it's the reason I bowhunt Elk, it's the ultimate challenge for me! My top 3 are OTCwill, Mike The Cheesehead & BUGLELK. (I think that's how Corey spells it) There are others like Bigdan, Willieboat, Zbarebow, Huntman & even ELKMAN, Elkman being the oddest of them all but he peaks my interest! (grin) There are others that elude me at this moment.

ElkNut/Paul

25-Oct-17
Ace... how about you come down so it would actually be a productive hunt. :)

26-Oct-17
I'm positive there would be meat in our camp Paul! ;-)

26-Oct-17
Cool thread...I'd enjoy an elk hunt with Bigdan, willieboat, elkman, buglelk, jaquomo, otcwill, paul@thefort, cnelk and I'm sure many more... Be fun to see how these elk slayers handle different situations. That's more than 3 but too many great hunters on here

26-Oct-17
I'd like to meet the Bowsiter that found out he has Cancer and anonymously donated his fully paid Moose hunt with Mike's Outfitting to a Wounded Warrior.

So many guys doing great deeds on Bowsite every day! Humbling for sure!

26-Oct-17
For me, I would probably say Teeton, OTCwill and BUGLELK. Many guys on bowsite who who be great to do a hunt with.

26-Oct-17
I don’t know if I have a top 3. There are a number of people I would like to hunt with. Way to many to name them. I think it would be fun to elk hunt with a number of guys. Just like a number of guys would be fun to share a whitetail camp with.

I have had the pleasure of elk hunting as well as whitetail hunting with Ike and I look forward to another hunt we do together. Both hunts were a lot of fun.

26-Oct-17
Oh ya Elkman, that's what it's all about! I can go camping anytime, when it's time to hunt it's time to hunt! (grin) For entertainment, well that's why I come here! Lots of great guys here & lots of B/S flying too! (grin)

ElkNut/Paul

27-Oct-17
Agreed!

27-Oct-17
1. Icemann 2. ELknut1 3. Ermine

27-Oct-17
I have been fortunate to hunt or spend time with Pete from Fairbanks, and Big Dan a couple of times. Lots of knowledge there and good people. Hope to be able to do more.

Have not hunted with but see Jake "Medecineman" from time to time and a few others. Another good guy. Met Pav this year in Montana at Dan's.

Talk with City, Hawkeye, Don V.

Gotten help from Paul@Fort, Jaq. Bigfin, the list goes on May be getting a little too old to keep up with Herdbull or OTC but would like to try.

Lots of good folks on here! Hope I have helped a few along the way.

• Sitka Gear