WV Mountaineer 25-Oct-17
Bou'bound 25-Oct-17
drycreek 25-Oct-17
Scar Finga 26-Oct-17
Mark Watkins 26-Oct-17
Bowriter 26-Oct-17
Bowriter 27-Oct-17
25-Oct-17
I have just accepted a position with a national publication. In that vein, from time to time, I will be asking silly questions to get hunter input. Your participation is appreciated. In the future, I will post what the publication is and what I will be doing. Suffice it to say, it will deal primarily with whitetails, facts, fiction, science and myths. Yes, I'm a tad excited to finally get a class publication to "turn me loose". You bet. I will piss some folks off. Don't hold it against me, been doing that for years.

25-Oct-17
Congrats! Well earned and long over due.

25-Oct-17
Congrats!

25-Oct-17
Congrats!

“You bet. I will piss some folks off. Don't hold it against me, been doing that for years.”

Hit the nail on the head with that one!!! Lol

25-Oct-17
It seems like anyone who goes against the grain, on any poplar subject, has the tendency to tick off a lot of people. According to some here, you are already a judgmental idiot. Not my words because I think you simply tell it like it is. Some can't handle that though. Good luck and God Bless

25-Oct-17
If you are not pissing someone off you are basically irrelevant

25-Oct-17
At least I'm relevent. Congrats John, kick ass !

26-Oct-17
Congrats John and good luck brother!

26-Oct-17
Looking forward to it!

Mark

26-Oct-17
Thanks...you know, I have been writing a long time. Sold my first story in 1959. Many years ago, I made a decide. I decided, I was going to tell it the way I see it and draw on what I know and what I have learned. If, in the process, that made some people mad, including advertisers or sponsors, I figured that was their problem. Over the years, going against the flow has cost me some money in terms of writing jobs and sponsors. I never gave it another thought. What people think is their business. Doesn't concern me a bit and when I go to bed at night, it doesn't keep me awake. I am really lucky to find an editor/publisher, (one who came to me), that basically said, "As long as you don't get us sued, write what you want. You have been doing this longer than I have." It is not a lot of money but it is going to be fun.

27-Oct-17
Just saw the graphics for the column head. Look for Southern Accents and another announcement, just for high school students in about mid-Nov. Get your minds working and your outdoor writing skills sharpened, kids.

• Sitka Gear