Carcajou 31-Oct-17
SDHNTR(home) 31-Oct-17
killinstuff 31-Oct-17
Knife2sharp 01-Nov-17
GF 01-Nov-17
BigStriper 02-Nov-17
tradi-doerr 03-Nov-17
29-Oct-17
I have a 2006 GMC Sierra 1/2 ton 4x4 Crew Cab, it came with Bridgestone Dueler A/T tires similar to the RHS model. I replaced them at 65,000 miles with the RHS and now have 135,000 and need a new set of tires.I was wondering if any of you guy's have had any experience or Good Luck with the Yokohama Geolandar A/T GO15 tires, a friend has mentioned them and they seems like they might be a Good tire but would like some other opinions. Kurt

29-Oct-17
I had the geolanders on my Tacoma. Got about 75k out of them. They never let me down.

29-Oct-17
I had the Geolanders on a Tundra. I also got about 75k out of them, and they were great tires. It was a number of years ago, and I don't know if the tire is still made the same as it was then, but I was very happy with them.

29-Oct-17
StickFlicker and Yooper,do you guy's know if you had the LT tire or the P metric.

Kurt

29-Oct-17
I just put them on my 2500 diesel and so far so good. They aren’t too noisy and track good. I have gone thru some pretty good mud (no snow yet!) and I had no trouble. I paid 1100.00 at Tire Rack. All the tire sites I looked at rated them good.

29-Oct-17
I'm pretty sure I had the LT, not sure what the P metric is.

29-Oct-17
StickFlicker,same tire but lighter duty.

Kurt

29-Oct-17
Doc my Bridgestones did the same thing with the rocks.

Kurt

30-Oct-17
i posted about these tires on the recent thread about general tires. I purchased LT275/70R18 yokohama geolander g015 within the last month for my ram 2500. so far, I am happy with them. I agree with pig doc, I live on a gravel road and they do pick up a lot of small rocks.

what sold me on the yokohama's was the tread on the LT series, the mountain/snowflake symbol for winter travel, price, and the little weight they took to balance.

30-Oct-17
Im running them on my Tacoma, excellent tire, low noise, great traction in rain, snow. Good, durable tire, for the price. I paid 130.00 apiece thru my local garage. will get them again.

30-Oct-17
Put em on the wife's suburban. Been a great tire. She's not doing any off roading or anything like that but dealing with snowy/icy roads and we take it camping in the summer. Would buy them again for sure.

30-Oct-17
What are you guy's running on your Tacoma's and the Suburban,the LT's or the P rated tire. Thanks so far ,let's hear some more good things I hope.

Kurt

30-Oct-17
Ran them on a f150 company truck and an f250 power choke company truck they couldnt hang with Michelin but were probably 2nd best out of all iv tried.

31-Oct-17
Im running LT's on my Tacoma

31-Oct-17
No self respecting truck owner deliberately runs a p metric tire!

31-Oct-17
Put some 285's on my son's 4 Runner a year and a half ago and those are really good tires. He has 16" rims a slight lift of 2". Looks and rides great. I'd have put them on my Titan if they had 285's for a 18" rim.

If the price is right, buy. Got Nick's at Tire Rack in IN when I was in South Bend.

01-Nov-17
I had them for my Tundra. Terrible in snow, my anti lock breaks were always kicking in at stops. I had to apply breaks ever so slightly. They began cracking within a year and would wear down very quick, so I had to rotate them quite frequently. The rubber is too hard IMO. I had two sets and they needed to be replaced after two years.

01-Nov-17
I have some flavor of Geolandars as OEM on my Subie Forester.

Averaging 30 MPG overall ; just short of 60k and I’m going to replace them for the winter. Consumer reports rates that line as just Fair for Wet/Ice braking; can't really disagree.

I WAS able to drive up some pretty darn slick snowy/icy/unplowed roads, though I see that CR rates the H/TG065 as just Fair in Snow Traction.

Overall, I’m not Wowed, but no real complaints...

02-Nov-17
GF I think the H/T GO65 are a all season tire,I think I like the A/T GO15 better,I don't get off the road to much but still like a tire with a little more traction when I do.Any body else have any experience with these tires ?

Kurt

03-Nov-17
I had the Geo Lander A/T on my dodge 3/4 4x4, got 65K+ out of them, great tires. I now have the Cooper Discover ATP and have put 65K+ on them and 1/2" tread left. I know my trk is a 3/4 ton but that says a lot about both brands, the difference is $1200 for Geo Landers, $970 for the Coopers (that's mounted and everything), plan on new set of Coopers this spring.

• Sitka Gear